test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Disable cooldown alert sound

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited July 2012 in The Academy
Is there anyway to disable the horrible clanking sound that emits every time you try to activate a skill currently in cooldown?

For a self-confessed button masher like me this renders the sound effects almost inaudible over the continuous racket.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Royce wrote:
    Is there anyway to disable the horrible clanking sound that emits every time you try to activate a skill currently in cooldown?

For a self-confessed button masher like me this renders the sound effects almost inaudible over the continuous racket.

Yes, please. Keep this thread up. I love typing like cracy on battle.
    edited February 2010
    Arthalas wrote: »
    Yes, please. Keep this thread up. I love typing like cracy on battle.

Your wish is my command.

Anyone?
    edited February 2010
    bump! this needs answering because that annoying and completely unnecessary sound effect should at least be possible to toggle, or just replace with an empty sound file or something equivalent.
    edited February 2010
    SesshoSeki wrote:
    bump! this needs answering because that annoying and completely unnecessary sound effect should at least be possible to toggle, or just replace with an empty sound file or something equivalent.

I firmly agree. That sound bugged me from the second they turned it on.
    edited February 2010
    turn down your UI volume control.
    edited February 2010
    PodSix wrote:
    turn down your UI volume control.

Which does not solve the problem at all, and only makes the rest of the interface silent...

Solving the problem by destroying everything else along with it is not a solution, it's making the problem bigger, albeit quieter...

We're not asking to make it less annoying, we're trying to figure out how to FIX it by either muting it out-right, or making it simply refer to a sound profile that contains nothing but silence, thereby achieving the desired result.
  • zanthe25zanthe25 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    +1 from me, I want to mute it too without muting the rest of the ui effects

EDIT: Closed for necroing an old thread. Remember, if a thread has been inactive for 30 days, you should not post to it. Feel free to create a new thread on the subject if you would like to discuss further :) ~BranFlakes
This discussion has been closed.