test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mia Temaro's Armitage Build

manitobamanitoba Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Laugh if you want, don't bother with a critique, this is the build I use and use effectively. No it's not for PvP. Some people have asked so I finally stopped being lazy and posted it.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u320/manitoba1073/STO/myset-up.jpg

Bridge officer skills are

Tac Team 1 x2
Rapid Fire 1 & 3
Attack Pattern Omega 1
High Yeild 1
Torp Spread 2
EPS 1
Reverse Shield Polarity 1
Eject Warp Plasma 1
Sci Team 1
Tractor Beam Repulsor ( only used for federation blockade) otherwise Tractor Beam is there.
Post edited by manitoba on

Comments

• Options
    hellsfire6hellsfire6 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Who would laugh?

I guess it obviously works for you.

Suggestions

1. Change your armour over to Neutronium....for 2 consoles....drop the third and move the phaser pdf to engineering and add another AP boost console.

or

2. Try just one Neutronium switch things around so you can get 3 total Anti Proton boost consoles and see the DPS difference. i.e. move both the PD consoles to eng slots.
  • Options
    thoroonthoroon Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Nearly the same BOFF layout I use:
    I dropped HY for another Spread, I'm a big AOE fan for the looks ;)
    And instead of Omega I use Beta.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    a sci team as a third team ability is not the best choice for the slot. TSS1 would share no CD with any of your abilities and heals shields just as good...with less overheal actually.

i would also switch the spread2 for a beta 1 and get spread 1 instead and dump HY1 completely

also there is no real sense in skilling starship sensors...it only increases stealth detection...and when you stated you are not doing PVP it makes the stat utterly useless. Power insolator is of more use, since drains don't hurt you as much.

i never understood why driver coil has such an appeal to people...in my opinion a useless stat for combat. and if it is useless for combat, it is useless for playing.
    put those points in attack patterns and you actually have a beast at your disposal.
    Like that i see your setup as a raw diamant...
    the real big problem i have with your consoles is, that you wasted all the good tactical slots for your universal consoles...the smart move is to fill the engineering console slots with them...then the sci slots...and the tactical slots should be filled with the weapon type consoles...they are the only ones without diminishing return.
    Also, if you skill batteries...you should actually use them! if you have access to a red matter capacitator use it...if you have the doff that adds additional buffs when using a battery...use him.
    In general, a phaser setup would be beneficial for your point defense console if you put in 4 phaser consoles. The console can become very powerfull if buffed correctly.

PS: the borg set adds already massively to graviton generators which is the skill for the repulsor, if you stick with that ability (which i do too) you can invest some points too.

and if you don't want critique, don't post your setup on the official forum.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    shadoreshadore Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I invested in driver coil for tour the universe. i make 7 digit ec a tour.
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Doesn't the sensor skill boost the effects of fire on my mark? Or am I just being silly?
    I need a beer.

• Options
    manitobamanitoba Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    baudl wrote: »

and if you don't want critique, don't post your setup on the official forum.

It was posted to help a couple of others to see how I had my set-up. I was being funny about the critique part.
  • Options
    skhcskhc Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    One Antiproton Mag Regulator? You know they stack, right?
  • Options
    areikou#8990 areikou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yea, if you're running an Armitage, I would advise removing those universals from the tactical slots and add more mag regulators, and putting the universals in the engineering slots. The armitage is a pretty tough nut to crack in PVE, armor for it isn't really required.

I'd also suggest removing the stationary turrets from the device slot and add in the subspace field modulator. It can help in a pinch to give a good defensive boost when you've gotten to much aggro from PDS and TPDS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
    is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.
  • Options
    theultimatefunkytheultimatefunky Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    manitoba wrote: »
    Laugh if you want, don't bother with a critique, this is the build I use and use effectively. No it's not for PvP. Some people have asked so I finally stopped being lazy and posted it.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u320/manitoba1073/STO/myset-up.jpg

Bridge officer skills are

Tac Team 1 x2
    Rapid Fire 1 & 3
    Attack Pattern Omega 1
    High Yeild 1
    Torp Spread 2
    EPS 1
    Reverse Shield Polarity 1
    Eject Warp Plasma 1
    Sci Team 1
    Tractor Beam Repulsor ( only used for federation blockade) otherwise Tractor Beam is there.

i suggest you seriously think about putting 4 antiproton mag regulators MK XI in the tac console slots, put the borg console and the torp point defence consoles in the sci console slots and 2 nutronium and the console that boosts your shields in the 3 engine console slots,
    trust me pal, u will notice a HUGE increase in DPS with 4 AP mag regulators, and a difference is defence with 2 nutroniums, :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    areikou#8990 areikou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i suggest you seriously think about putting 4 antiproton mag regulators MK XI in the tac console slots, put the borg console and the torp point defence consoles in the sci console slots and 2 nutronium and the console that boosts your shields in the 3 engine console slots,
    trust me pal, u will notice a HUGE increase in DPS with 4 AP mag regulators, and a difference is defence with 2 nutroniums, :)

You're thinking of Field Generators, which go into the Science slots. For optimization, the engineering slots should have the universals on an Armitage.

He's also using the normal PDS, which honestly in an Armitage is outclassed by a Neutronium console, the PDS is great for getting rid of small things en-mass, but so is the TPDS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
    is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.
  • Options
    theultimatefunkytheultimatefunky Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    and putting points in driver coail is the most useless way of spending skill points ever, when your doin tour the universe just equip the borg engines, you can still manage to get all the sectors done with time to spare, driver coil offers no help in combat at all, trust me your better off putting your points else were :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]