test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trying to figure out why game is not being repaired

darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
There are numerous faults in the game that affect playability, such as the call for help button when you're unconscious almost never working and the space weapon keybinds not working. Why do you think Cryptic is blatantly failing to repair these important functions?

You're really letting us down, Cryptic. Capital F for effort.
Post edited by darramouss1 on

Comments

• thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've never had any issues with the Call For Help button, unless all my BOFFs were dead or dying and can't get to me.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Simple. The list is long, and Cryptic's priorities are different to player Priorities. Plus there are limited resources to do everything at once.
  • thokoothokoo Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Bug fixes are 5,000,000,000 Zen for each bug...and that is PER CHARACTER.

Edit: Sorry. I'm in a really bad mood. I had a horrible day at work, and my wife burned the mashed potatoes that I spent 2 hours preparing yesterday.
    thokoo...formerly known as "Vaani@Vaani":eek:
  • kimmerakimmera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It still works... sort of... you have to rally one of the BOffs to near where you have fallen. Then when they are close enough they will help you.

Annoying though...
  • jafobss1701jafobss1701 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    thokoo wrote: »

Edit: Sorry. I'm in a really bad mood. I had a horrible day at work, and my wife burned the mashed potatoes that I spent 2 hours preparing yesterday.

prob not to far off the mark on this. they seem to be more Focused on Zen store items then actual Game play bugs.

Also was there Bacon in the potatoes?
  • cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Two hours to make mashed potatoes?

you're doing it wrong :D :P ;)
  • davidjay1972davidjay1972 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well, I like the fact that now I cant change my badge in the tailor. It's the small things that kill ya.
    =/\= Vice Adm Sulak =/\=
    USS Mustang
    NX-93134-D
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ... I spent 2 hours preparing yesterday.

I like mashed potatoes ... but 2 hours? :eek:
  • captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited July 2012

two hours preparing... did you grow the potatoes yourself? How in the world do you burn mashed taters??? She must have some mad skills to burn taters.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Put simply: They don't care. They're already gushing in the news blog about how they've moved on to Season 7 development.

They're ignoring all the problems they create in their quest to insert $7 worthless environmental suits to the Z-store. Moving forward so fast in the quest to make a profit they don't care about fixing many hundreds of game breaking bugs that they introduce.
    edited July 2012
    Well people in game were saying last night that the Foundry missions are working again, so they must be doing something....
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Do you realize foundry was broken since July 12th, and that we only got it back just hte other day?

I dunno about you, but 3 weeks to fix something that they are working full-out to fix, is a bit excessive. Meanwhile they were breaking a bunch of other stuff, and... oh yes... they still had time to release $7 EV suits for the store.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Do you realize foundry was broken since July 12th, and that we only got it back just hte other day?

I dunno about you, but 3 weeks to fix something that they are working full-out to fix, is a bit excessive. Meanwhile they were breaking a bunch of other stuff, and... oh yes... they still had time to release $7 EV suits for the store.
    It went down on the 12th and was brought back up on the 28th. 16 days isn't that big of a deal. It was down for much longer then that with Season 4. Sometimes the problem is with the Foundry team rather then the STO team.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • captainvallentcaptainvallent Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    It went down on the 12th and was brought back up on the 28th. 16 days isn't that big of a deal. It was down for much longer then that with Season 4. Sometimes the problem is with the Foundry team rather then the STO team.

Dude, you still can't create content... It's still down.
    If it's not all the way Cowboy Up- It's not up. That's my take.

But, I don't care about that- the Alpha Quadrant can be in flames for all I care.

I wanna know how phenominal 2-hour potatoes must taste!
    d7s_small.jpg
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yes, I noticed the button failure. Yes, there are other issues. Yes, all MMOs have bugs. But we players need to vent and let the "powers that be" know that we are getting upset. We play games to relax and blow off stress not stress us out. :D

Also, if you are not talking about boxed instant potatoes, the process of cutting, pealing, and soaking your potatoes can take some time.
    NFA-banner.png
  • welshavengerwelshavenger Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Also, if you are not talking about boxed instant potatoes, the process of cutting, pealing, and soaking your potatoes can take some time.

Two hours though? Dude how many potatoes did he peel? I've peeled a fair few in my time as punishment duty in the armed forces and let me tell you, you can get through a whole lot in two hours. I'd also love to hear how his wife burned them. Was she cooking them with a blowtorch?
    Fall-of-the-Babbage_zpsa9omaksh.jpg
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well, looks like they're fixing the Call for Help in the new update but not the keybinds. I know I should count myself lucky as I'm getting 50% of my wishes come true, but really, the keybinds were broken by season 6, and how many weeks ago was it released?
  • stargate525stargate525 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Two hours though? Dude how many potatoes did he peel? I've peeled a fair few in my time as punishment duty in the armed forces and let me tell you, you can get through a whole lot in two hours. I'd also love to hear how his wife burned them. Was she cooking them with a blowtorch?

-Peel potatoes: 20 minutes
    -Boil potatoes: 20 minutes
    -Season potatoes: 2 min
    -Mash: 5 min.

47 minutes. If he's doing two batches, then that's two hours.

And you can burn them by not reheating them properly.
    edited August 2012
    Dude, you still can't create content... It's still down.
    If it's not all the way Cowboy Up- It's not up. That's my take.

But, I don't care about that- the Alpha Quadrant can be in flames for all I care.

I wanna know how phenominal 2-hour potatoes must taste!

Pal, the title of this thread is 'Trying to figure out why game is not being repaired.' It may not be as quick as you would like, but it is being repaired.
  • thibashthibash Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    There are small fixes, like for example the MK XII phased tetryons not having the tetryon proc, that can be fixed easily by just fixing the typo in the skill stats.

They should be fixed the next patch, but instead, end up taking weeks to be actually fixed.

Funny ain't it?