test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What I think about season 6

lordhooklordhook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I'm disappointed with the season 6 . Instead of having new content, we condemned to repeat the same 6 tasks over a billion times to get the new currency of the game. This is not fun. I'm disappointed, you really do not know how to create new contents. I will play again in season 7 if the game does not die before.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by lordhook on

Comments

• baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    the focus o fleets is great...the idea of fleetbases is awesome.

the new missions are fun at first, but get old very fast.
    The whole afkers, leavers, etc has become more than an annoying problem. The mixing of lower lvls into this content aswell.

instead of only talking negative i want to give some suggestions of what could be done in the near future.

Rewards based on performance during PVP, STF's, Fleet events and fleet actions is a must have in my opinion.

Fleet events and fleet actions should reward the same currency...fleet marks.

there should be a 30 to 45 second preparation period before any STF or fleet event starts, to talk to the team about tactics, etc.

at the end of a stf or fleet event there should be a list of dmg and healing done by any grp member and bonus loot should be provided to the first 3...as it is right now in fleet actions. (mabye some accolades with trophies for your ship)

the rewards should be an extra amount of the currency the mission provided or diithium.
    (pvp should only reward dilithium, and the dilithium store should provide MK XII gear with favourable stats for PVP, they can be expensive)

the different ranks should allways be sepperated...only mixed if it is desired (private fleet event/action)

this are just a few ideas that could improve all the content of the game. i may come back and add something here.

all in all i like season 6...cool new stuff and content. But the finetuning is still missing. As a player you lose the motivation too fast. A way to increase motivation is to reward players in small steps...every little victory brings them one step closer to the goal. Making this small steps depending on luck was already a kick in the nuts when the new stf's went live. Not being awarded properly for being a good player and better than others is just as annoying.

a ranking after each group mission is only natural to increase motivation, combined with rewards that are worth something to the player no mission becomes dull, since you are allways aiming for the first place to get that extra loot.
    Go pro or go home
  • srgtburglarsrgtburglar Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The focus on fleets is great except it's really crippling to smaller fleets and demands ridiculous amounts of dilithium and other things for very small rewards. Small fleets simply cannot generate the amounts of items needed to make a half assed starbase without spending a stupid amout of time in game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Opening a lockbox is like using a public restroom when u gotta poo.
    You are just hoping nobody blew on the seat or that all the toilet paper is gone.
  • admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,560 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    and even then when you think you've gotten somewhere the fleet module issue comes up. THis has promise but need more dev time and more feedback on this. as is it favors large fleets and subscribers leaving the small fleets and the f2pers screwed.
  • kouroshthegreatkouroshthegreat Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    But I dont have any dilithium crystals :(
  • lordhooklordhook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Guys, don't get me wrong, the focus on fleets is great. But I am here for play and get fun. The game is just it, a game. If the game becomes something that requires at least one hour per day in the same activity (or 8 hours) will not be a game and it becomes a job. I can pay to play, but I can not pay to work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Fleet Modules remind me of Dilithium and how it killed Crafting. Lucky I only need 1x Fleet Module.
  • switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Didn't we have a bunch of currencies before Season 5? And they were all combined, and now we get More. Lets see, maybe I won't miss any...
    1. Energy Credits
    2. Gold Pressed Latinum
    3. Dilithium (should Common and Uncommon Unreplicatable mats count? Should Refined and Unrefined be separate? I'm not sure)
    4. Zen
    5. Fleet Marks
    6. Fleet Credits
    7. EDC
    8. Lobi
    9. Rare Borg Salvage
    10. Prototype Borg Salvage
    11. Fleet Modules

Did I get them all?
  • srgtburglarsrgtburglar Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    lordhook wrote: »
    Guys, don't get me wrong, the focus on fleets is great. But I am here for play and get fun. The game is just it, a game. If the game becomes something that requires at least one hour per day in the same activity (or 8 hours) will not be a game and it becomes a job. I can pay to play, but I can not pay to work.
    Thanks for this post
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Opening a lockbox is like using a public restroom when u gotta poo.
    You are just hoping nobody blew on the seat or that all the toilet paper is gone.
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The focus on fleets is great except it's really crippling to smaller fleets and demands ridiculous amounts of dilithium and other things for very small rewards. Small fleets simply cannot generate the amounts of items needed to make a half assed starbase without spending a stupid amout of time in game.

Very well said. They promised that small fleet would be able to keep up with larger ones in the pod cast and pre-season 6 news releases. Obviously they didn't think it through or decided at the last minute lets push and bugged up product live and work on something else.

I seriously think the starbase projects should scale on the amount of accounts that are in a fleet. Plus fleet marks should be rewarded to playing other missions, perhaps when you and at least one other fleet mate are in a team. So for example when you do the Fek'lhri missions with a fleet mate you both earn fleet marks. This would mean cooperating and being social rewards you and you can still contribute to your fleet while levelling a character. Doing the same few flawed missions over and over again as others have said is boring. We want content more than anything something new to play with, to earn and to have fun with. Right now there is too much grind in this game way too much. Grinding might be fun for Cryptic but we are the customers the ones who the game is supposed to be made for and we don't like grind, the STF rare loot is bad enough now 12 people are supposed to learn 200,000K dilithium for a view of space on their starbase?

Oh another thing, Starbases should have been give more basic features from the get go, rather than having to unlock mail, exchange etc. If there is nothing to do on the base from day one, people won't go there. Very few of my fleetmates have even visited the fleet base more than 2 times since eason 6 went live.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • renegadeforeverrenegadeforever Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This new season is more like a job then casual game play, and trust me, I don't need a second job.!!
  • eurialoeurialo Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    baudl wrote: »
    the focus o fleets is great...the idea of fleetbases is awesome.

the new missions are fun at first, but get old very fast.
    The whole afkers, leavers, etc has become more than an annoying problem. The mixing of lower lvls into this content aswell.

instead of only talking negative i want to give some suggestions of what could be done in the near future.

Rewards based on performance during PVP, STF's, Fleet events and fleet actions is a must have in my opinion.

Fleet events and fleet actions should reward the same currency...fleet marks.

there should be a 30 to 45 second preparation period before any STF or fleet event starts, to talk to the team about tactics, etc.

at the end of a stf or fleet event there should be a list of dmg and healing done by any grp member and bonus loot should be provided to the first 3...as it is right now in fleet actions. (mabye some accolades with trophies for your ship)

the rewards should be an extra amount of the currency the mission provided or diithium.
    (pvp should only reward dilithium, and the dilithium store should provide MK XII gear with favourable stats for PVP, they can be expensive)

the different ranks should allways be sepperated...only mixed if it is desired (private fleet event/action)

this are just a few ideas that could improve all the content of the game. i may come back and add something here.

all in all i like season 6...cool new stuff and content. But the finetuning is still missing. As a player you lose the motivation too fast. A way to increase motivation is to reward players in small steps...every little victory brings them one step closer to the goal. Making this small steps depending on luck was already a kick in the nuts when the new stf's went live. Not being awarded properly for being a good player and better than others is just as annoying.

a ranking after each group mission is only natural to increase motivation, combined with rewards that are worth something to the player no mission becomes dull, since you are allways aiming for the first place to get that extra loot.

I agree, but I have a bit more to tell...
    Actually the assigments to improve the starbase are too expensive and too hard for a little fleet... too many duty officers, too many dhilitium and too ripetitive and boring... A little fleet can't produce so many resources: 200k dilithium to have some decoration? 18k dilithium, teenth of duty officers foe each tier 2 assigment? Very very hard for a little fleet... Do you want to punish little fleets because they are little? I do not want to play in a big fleet... I do not like big fleet, I like my small one because we just have fun without pretending to be the best.

moreover Advancing the base is a job and I do not want another job. Why I have to pay for "working instead of playing" STO?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Playing STO spamming FAW is like playing chess using always the computer's suggested moves
  • lordhooklordhook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Thanks for this post

You are welcome ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,560 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Today One of my fleet members tried to buy the lance Phaser for the base. However after buying the weapon it becomes a mission so we have to gather resources AFTER buying it. then add in a fleet ship costing the equivalent of a ship bundle, FOR ONE SHIP. Starbase is a great idea but FIX THESE PROBLEMS