test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Klingons

grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
For years I play with my klingons I have one fed for the fleet but most off the time I go with my KDF chars. There was a time that there was not more to do than PVP now that there is it's lot better in some ways, but still I feel a bit naked as a klingon in the game .
There is only a few hair pieces and close to get to bad.
Ok here is what I would like to see hope you agree as an KDF player.

1. Bringing down the house, where you pick up the weapons to start a fight in de arena ? Was the team still sleeping it's still MK II

2. When escaping in cloak and my BO has to say someting I still Uncloak.

3. Closeing is this realy all you can make let me help here :

3A. http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/gallery/185134/pic_-12___jadzia_in_a_klingon_wedding_dress_up_close_-15098.jpg

3B. http://www.spirithalloween.com/images/spirit/products/interactivezoom/processed/07004872.interactive.a.jpg

3C. http://images.auctionworks.com/hi/3/3282/gorkon-38.jpg

4. Hair all the hair is accept for klingon style copied from the Feds can't you make someting unique for the klingons ?

5. Turtorials :

there are plenty even to much turtorials for the klingons can't you come up with someting the Feds have but then klingon style make an movie where J'mPok tells the counsil they going to war and fight the feds in diferent locations as an player should not be expensive nor dificult for the devs.

6. Stahl says stuff well he did he planned to make an turn around on Fed story's where klingons came in to play but then play it from an other point off view. I still have to see the first mission comming.

7. Why you made us the ability to have targs but then you decided to make them none combat pet's why ?

I hope they come up with someting other then only fleet starbases maybe some more missions to it not only team missions but also solo missions because last few times I checked we only teamplay these days I haven't seen my bridge officers in combat for quit awhile. Same with the doff system ....
Klingons also had secret service or intelligence service why not use that for a mission or 2 ?
Let us know what you think ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
Post edited by grazyc2#7847 on

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2012
    What would be good for klingon moral is an mission where you can hunt targs .
    It's maybe small but you can inplement a nice story to it that instead off targs only you sudenly fight Borg, Breen, Federation or someting else.

Wish those guys came up with someting more for us klingons.

Greetz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Since my first serious char was KDF (the SF char just acting as a bridge to get here) I used to care but gave up uhh... don't know. I just relized a few days ago that I do not care much anymore about the red fraction. I occasional jump into it, mostly if something new or something limited is to see/get but otherwise I keep to my Starfleet char.

Something to cheer up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IazjpiQEw9Y ;)
  • Options
    hawks3052hawks3052 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    IMO the Devs at Cryptic and PWE are intentionally trying to dissuade people from ever trying KDF with the high number of Bugs and not appealing atmosphere.

Many bugs are around for a long time now and known, but no actions have been taken to solve them.
  • Options
    cedricophoffcedricophoff Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    They have proven they can make realy good Klingon style content though. When i played Alpha i was blown away. It was a true and true great missions to play as a Klingon. I would love to see more of that. :)

Edit: for me KDF would be complete if they only had content for lvls 1 to 25.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Mission wise....

All they have to do is make 10 odd missions that focus on the war with the Federation... Maybe.. Iched or Naomi wildman can be their main atagonist

Then the next 5 could be about Gorn, Orions or Nausicaans openly rebeling againts the empire.

Cardassian Missions... uhmmm.. pass

Mirror Universe: Maybe the Klingons want to go meet their counterparts.. realise they worship molar instead of Kahless and get int oa war with them.

Feh'lhr: advance on the Fek'hlr plot... their arrival and defeat was covered in 2 episodes.. add some between them.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    hawks3052 wrote: »
    IMO the Devs at Cryptic and PWE are intentionally trying to dissuade people from ever trying KDF with the high number of Bugs and not appealing atmosphere.

Many bugs are around for a long time now and known, but no actions have been taken to solve them.

Maybe they dont do much because they believe people do not care about the klingons, But I have to say otherwise there far more klingons active then they believe only if they open there eyes once and a while.
    I do not believe there are much bugs because I play a lot with klingons and there are not many bugs that I know off few small once like detail on closeing but other then that nothing big to report. And I like klingons more because off the strength from ships and men.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited July 2012
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Mission wise....

All they have to do is make 10 odd missions that focus on the war with the Federation... Maybe.. Iched or Naomi wildman can be their main atagonist

Then the next 5 could be about Gorn, Orions or Nausicaans openly rebeling againts the empire.

Cardassian Missions... uhmmm.. pass

Mirror Universe: Maybe the Klingons want to go meet their counterparts.. realise they worship molar instead of Kahless and get int oa war with them.

Feh'lhr: advance on the Fek'hlr plot... their arrival and defeat was covered in 2 episodes.. add some between them.

Cardessian missions rather not because I know a few Cardesians like my self who participate in the war against the federation would be good for me if I had to fight my homeworld.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited July 2012
    They have proven they can make realy good Klingon style content though. When i played Alpha i was blown away. It was a true and true great missions to play as a Klingon. I would love to see more of that. :)

Edit: for me KDF would be complete if they only had content for lvls 1 to 25.

Agreed 1 to 25 should be there but I believe they where looking for a quickfix because off money wise, I told them before make some odd stuf Feds can't have but Klingons can put it into Zen Store and when they see it and know its good they will buy it, believe me on this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    kirk2390 wrote: »
    Maybe they dont do much because they believe people do not care about the klingons, But I have to say otherwise there far more klingons active then they believe only if they open there eyes once and a while.
    I do not believe there are much bugs because I play a lot with klingons and there are not many bugs that I know off few small once like detail on closeing but other then that nothing big to report. And I like klingons more because off the strength from ships and men.

This seems to be correct as they think the people that play the KDF is only 16%
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    First turtorials : not the simple slash bat'leth fighting no put some learning curve there And make it happen on the accedemy.

2 to 5 make a serie why the klingons went to war what is hapening out there and why instead off running around.

5 to 10 should be taking the home planet off the Gorn Empire.

10 to 15 a serie :

1. Take part in the war against the federation, Get all posible info from federation to know where the convoy's are.
    2. Stop the suply lines, Take a Brell and intercept convooi and jaming there signal send an away team onboard to beam over suply's and leave.
    3. Behind Enemy Lines, its secret ops mission and information gathering
    4. Rescue the orion slaves, Take down the orion prison camps after you free the orions from the camp and leave no one alive.
    5. Set back the construction, this means infiltrade as a human in Fed space and try to confuse computers and set back building times of ships .

15 to 25

6. Bringing down the House
    7. Rescue the wariors from Prison 157.
    8 to 9. Infiltrade K7, This means steal an shuttle infiltrade K7 and kidnap Naomi Wildman .
    10 to 15. The fight against the True Way
    15 to 20. Romulus payback, these missions will play in romulion space.
    20 to 25 . Infiltrade the Cube, Klingons discover a cube in there space now j'mpok want you to infiltrade the cube and destroy it from inside to set a virus .

Somting like this I couln't make the missions because off the lack in stuff on the foundry and it would take me ours to build one mission let alone a whole serie.
    So maybe the Devs find this intresting to begin with and they have the power to do this.

Greetz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I agree on many of your points, OP.
    keep your ears peeled for an upcoming Dev interview on the Gates of Stovokor to learn some insight that may help some of your concerns.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    srgtburglarsrgtburglar Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I don't understand is I just started a KDF character for the first time ever and he was literally Commander in 10 minutes of playing. If I remember correctly it took me a while to get Comm rank on FED. Why is KDF literally giving rank away?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Opening a lockbox is like using a public restroom when u gotta poo.
    You are just hoping nobody blew on the seat or that all the toilet paper is gone.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I don't understand is I just started a KDF character for the first time ever and he was literally Commander in 10 minutes of playing. If I remember correctly it took me a while to get Comm rank on FED. Why is KDF literally giving rank away?

Because the devs made less KDF content so Klingons start at level 20.

Otherwise, Klingons would run out of things to do.
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Because the devs made less KDF content so Klingons start at level 20.

Otherwise, Klingons would run out of things to do.

True. Now that we have plenty of things you do at the high ranks we can eventaully see the start of some lower level story while continueing to remain abreast of current agnostic content.

I like the OP's idea though since a ship prefix purchaseble is purely cosmetic.
    I would think it could not cost too much due to that as well.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think what should be done is add Pvp Fleet Actions/Scenarios. Make two teams of players, conflicting goals, and let them beat each other up. It would add content for both sides, and give people a reason to Pvp and even try out KDF. It could even allow for monster play at some levels without actually making monster play factions.

After all... Players make really good bosses too! (Said Link is about the legendary WOW player angwe, NSFW language)
  • Options
    startuxstartux Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Well at least you didn't quit :). I have seen other threads where people stopped, either because they found the first mission on the planet confusing, or they found the space mission too hard. As for ranking, stated its from lack of content and that the devs/managers wanted to get KDF high level quicker, or at least it seems.

I'm looking forward to that dev interview from the Gates of Stovokor, hopefully its a message of hope, not doom.

Oh and if/when they do make levels 1 to 20 I have two characters I want to raise, an engineer Ferasan and Gorn science.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    You start at comander lvl you can either choose to do the turtorial or you ignore it and start directly the fight against the feds.
    It has also an nice income 1440 DIL just shoot 6 ships to pieces x 3 times.
    Ah we klingons doesn't have it that bad hahahah.
    Well we do captain it honorless to give us so little to do, neither Cryptic or any podcast out there give us credit it's always federation this and that.
    Let's find Dan Stahl and ask him !!!
    Later.....
    Captain : Dan Stahl why is your team give us so little in close, hair, ships, missions, Well speak !!!
    Dan Stahl : I don't know it's the order off PWE we can't do anyting about it !!!
    Captain : Who is the CO off PWE then.
    Dan Stahl : Sorry thats classifeit even I do not know !!
    Captain : Well tell him this "We want more out there and soon !!! "

Ok that was ment as a joke offcourse, hope they will make someting soon before we all get bored even the Feds .
    And bored people will find someting other to do that would be bad for income and no income means total disaster for Startrek Online comunity.

Greetzzzzz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]