test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Old account? Lost forever?

Had an account at release and for sometime after. Long story short moved to other games. I have since returned to give STO another try and for some reason my old account refuses to be found. When I did a recovery on cryptic side it showed my old account name but when I logged into the game after merging with PW it forced me to make a new toon and there was no option to locate my old char on a server somewhere or anything. I had spent a lot of cpoints on the Engi RA. I am not getting any type of feedback from there support. Any ideas? Am I going to have to bite the bullet and start over? Not my first choice. I am at a loss here I would like to get back into the game but I would like to use my old stuff. Any ideas?

Thanks...
Post edited by unlockit on

Comments

• pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited July 2012
    Please reach out to Customer Service for help. You can do so directly by emailing: customerservice@perfectworld.com.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I quit this game 2 months after its release to go to other games too. I've been back for about 2 months now, and I still had my character just how I left him 2 years ago.

I did the merge thing last month, created a brand new PWE account and linked that to my old Cryptic, hence losing my old Forum name, but my ingame character was untouched.

Did you ever get to login with your old Cryptic account before merging it with PWE? Did it have your old character there if so?

Well, no idea what's going on really, but they don't delete inactive characters. I hope a CS answers your ticket soon.
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    *sigh*

I believe the poster has stated that they have contacted customer support. Granted that they don;t say how...

Maybe the poster still has their current report or ticket number.
  • unlockitunlockit Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yes I have emailed them at there support center and was told 3 to 5 business days for a response. Still nothing I do have tickets showing open on the new char but no answers or responses shown. The char has to be there I still know his name and the name that was on the web account for cryptic. I think somehow wires got crossed I didnt merge the accounts right. Somehow I have messed something up. I can give them all the info to verify that its me. Card num addy etc. I just need to get a response I guess. A phone number would be nice. Something. I will give it a bit longer and give up I guess but I do hope I get some support help soon. I like the new features and would prob resub but not without my old char.

Thanks for the replies maybe there is help out there. Just a matter if it reaches me.....
  • tank721tank721 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I just returned to STO to find the same thing. Waiting to hear back from the support guys. I was level capped with sone good gear too. kind of aggrivating
  • kuuki2k2kuuki2k2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dear god... I'm a lifetime premium (i bought mine a couple of days before launch!)

and i'm looking to start playing again for a gap in about, oh lets say 10 months

i'm lookin at the crytpic store and... it says no active characters D:
  • pieman196pieman196 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ^^
    I am suffering from the same problem if you get a response please let me know.
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If you have not actually logged into the game for a long period of time. You characters are removed from the active database and archived for safekeeping. If you check your account, it will show no characters. This is normal. When you log into the game again, your characters will be removed from the archive and restored back to the active database.
  • psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    pieman196 wrote: »
    ^^
    I am suffering from the same problem if you get a response please let me know.

It says no active characters if you haven't logged in using any of your characters for a while. Load up the game and play the characters to make them active again.
  • capphoton1capphoton1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Having the same problem, no toons anywhere, and the help tooltip on how to change servers, is worthless, as I CANNOT see anywhere on the launcher to changer servers
  • priz2112priz2112 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    same problem here...

bought lifetime subscription and now all my characters are gone?

can't figure out this merge garbage. the instructions do not work for me.

now it says my join date is jan of 2013? huh? i joined during the beta. what is this mess?
  • mrhitchensmrhitchens Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Oh dear, am I going to have to start a new character when/if I get back in? That's outrageous.
    I reach for the stars, but still touch my own heart
  • masternate88masternate88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had alot of goodies and 2 or 3 lev capped guys :( i was going to make my Romulan some weps and gear :(
  • aziomateioaziomateio Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can get into my account as well, with my original Cryptic account, however, my characters are all gone! Please help me! I've sent a ticket 2 weeks ago, and still no answer!
  • negimasenseinegimasensei Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had an STO subscription a few months after it's initial release. I quit playing because I couldn't afford both a WoW membership and an STO membership at the same time. I decided to give the game another go, and tried to get my old account back. I could recover my cryptic username and password, but when attempting to log in with them, it would say invalid username/pass. I ended up creating a new account and started fresh since I didn't get very far when I first started playing, but the only reason I wanted my old account was because of the classic enterprise my original gamedisk came with. Oh well.
  • malwizmalwiz Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm in the same boat, been waiting for over a week for customer service to respond. My accounts didn't properly link after being gone for about eight months, and now I have no access to my previous content, including a lifetime subscription and tons of store purchases, and several max level characters.

I guess all the time and money I gave cryptic means nothing to PWE, I can't say I'm shocked, but I'm disappointed that I lost nearly $500 to them.
  • derfling74forumderfling74forum Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm in the same boat...

I seem to have a free-to-play account. I know my lifetime membership account with Cryptic but I cant link it to my account at PW.

nothing to do but wait.
  • malwizmalwiz Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nothing to do but wait.

Except apparently that isn't going to work either, over a week for me, two for some. We appear to have just been taken by their bad system, with no recourse.
  • snusnu82snusnu82 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its bull. I made a ticket and it took them 6 days to get back to me. NOW there telling me they can TRY and recover my old account by unlinking and relinking but that will delete anything new. So my 6 day old Romulan with 20hrs in game time will be deleted. They could at least have something in the FAQ explaining that if you need support to assist you DONT DO ANYTHING NEW. This is the email I just got from them.

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting us about this issue.

It appears you had Cryptic credentials on your Perfect World account; this happened automatically when you logged your PWE account into a Cryptic game or website. I am able to remove these credentials from your PWE account, in order to attempt the account linking process again. However, all Star Trek Online characters and purchases that are currently on the account will be lost.

If you would like us to unlink the Perfect World account from these Cryptic Credentials, please let us know in your update to this ticket.

Kind regards,
    GM-Unception
  • kpytoi4kpytoi4 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited April 2021
    Sorry. The problem has been resolved. I wrote a post in vain.
    Post edited by kpytoi4 on