test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What new things do you want to see in STO?

Comments

• Options
    booker9172booker9172 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i would like to see a federation carrier that can launch miranda frigates like the klingon carrier launches B'Rel Birds of prey.

I agree. I'd love to see a fed carrier that launches something like the bird of preys that the kdf carriers do.
  • Options
    ladyinferno2010ladyinferno2010 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Is it too late to say shut down and rebuilt by another company that won't sell out to PWE?
  • Options
    beritpandionberitpandion Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Have to agree with all of the KDF posts. Make them more fleshed out please! Also can we PLEASE get a new UI option?? I get the theme and it's cool but hard on the eyes (probably a big subconscious reason that people don't play KDF).

Move Sectors, (I like the idea of one giant map for all of sector space) more patrol missions and diplomacy type missions to go with them. Make patrols repeatable?

Would love to do story arcs from previous seasons. I joined at the end of Season 5 but would love to do other missions.

To me outfits aren't a big deal. I think there's enough already but if they want to add them I won't complain. Same with the lockboxes. I'm not against them but do they have to drop more than water???

I'm all for a Romulan faction. But please don't do like KDF and make a one color (Guessing Green) UI. I don't mind the target differences (orange showing for KDF blue still for Fed) as I get that even though it takes me a moment to realize that blue aren't friendly! :)

I remember a phrase that was used a lot before WOW came out and made cookie cutter MMOs and we've had the junk we've had for years now. 'Content is King'. If you build it they will come (Kirk would approve of that phrase too given his home town) :D

STO is actually a lot of what I've been looking for in an MMO for a long time. Just a few tweaks and some more content and this game could have a long run.
  • Options
    chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This is a good one,but wether the devs will look at it, god knows.
    Here is what i would like to see in the not too distant future on STO.
    1. Lots of new episode missions.
    2.The ability to buy energy credits.
    3.Open up both the Gamma and Delta quadrants for missions,and exploration etc.
    4.The respawn timer on ground and space missions is far too long,i would like to see that cut alot shorter.
    5.When using transwarp,we never actually see the transwarp gates in operation,i would like to see that change.
    6.After using ship transwarp,the cool down timer there is far too long,it needs to be alot shorter.
  • Options
    fliporicanfliporican Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Expanding the bank to have a separate Tribble bank. Considering that we have the ability to farm varies types of tribbles and sometime receive or earn some rare and very rare tribbles the current bank, which has a cap, can get full. Also, taking into account that you can't store the tribbles in the bank along with food consumables, because they'll eat it all.

Another consideration for the bank - separate tabs for Tribbles, Consumables, Crafting stuff, Ground gear, Space gear, etc. Just a better way to organize our bank and keep tribbles from eating consumables.

A second clothing slot for BOFs

More canon bridge interiors..i.e. Enterprise 1701-A bridge, Voyager Bridge, Enterprise NX bridge, etc.

Captain Proton bundle (clothing, weapons, holodeck interior)

EM Pistol from Star Trek Enterprise

Pet slot on character sheet, since it is not a device one can use during ground combat.

More canon Federation member alien-type NPCs and BOFs
    image.php?name=Sabio&ship=Renaissance&fleet=10th+MACO+Cavalry+Regiment&txtcol=EDE979&fac=fed&spezies=Human&klasse=Starfleet+Tactical+Officer&rank=vadm&image=01
  • Options
    aeonjeanaeonjean Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Is it too late to say shut down and rebuilt by another company that won't sell out to PWE?

Cryptic didn't sell themselves to PWE. However, if you mean sell out as in ideas, well... If they don't do what the bosses says, they don't have a paycheck or jobs.
  • Options
    shadoreshadore Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I want to fly around in a space amoeba!
  • Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Nausicaan weapons. You know the ones that will stun you and hold you there with the green "chained" litghtning.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    onlineangelonlineangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Customizable ship interiors, captains quarts i can put rugs on the floor, pictures on the walls, do some decor.

Player on board pve or pvp missions - I'd like my fleet buddy who is a tactical officer to come aboard my crusier and do something on the bridge while im fighting in combat, or an engineer in my engine room doing something important.

More playable factions, hate seeing starfleet offiers flying around in alien ships, it just isn't canon and ruins what immersion this game has.

playable factions - Humans, klingons, rommies, reman, cardi, jem, hirogen, borg

I'd like to see other playable factions or classes, like smuggler, trader/merchant, mercenary, pirate.

Be great if we could have a hologram playerable character, maybe this could be merged with player onboard combat (hologram players are the only characters that can serve aboard another player's ship)

Customizable starbases.

Less grindy stf loot drops, less grindy fleet project grinds.

Less C-Store content, more meat and tates content.

A little more love for career officers/gold subbers.
  • Options
    es0archeres0archer Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    talien wrote: »
    A holodeck set up as an access to foundry missions would be a nice touch.

Aside from that, how about Horta doffs, or even boffs?

Really? A Horta doff? or a boff?? Really? seriously???? ROFLMFAO!!!!!!
    Lets stay on that and ask for one of the fish in our aquarium in our ready room to be a Doff or boff...or better yet...our magato pet. Even the exocomp shouldn't be Doff...but hey!

Because THAT is what would happen in the REAL Star Trek Universe!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lifetime member.......not proud of it!
  • Options
    es0archeres0archer Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jkstocbr wrote: »
    Improved character development through more story missions/arcs, regular new dailies and real exploration would be nice. There is a lot of shooting going on.

Lots of shooting going on? Thats all there is really LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lifetime member.......not proud of it!
  • Options
    kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I would like to see a Quad Beam Bank, or Mega Beam Bank, or some other Ship Beam Weapon with higher base damage that would make the ability Beam Overload really hurt. Maybe as part of a mission reward or something. They could give it extra energy drain or something like -20 weapon power when used, so people don't load piles of them onto a ship and become all overpowered. There is a quad cannon, so why not?

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Pulse_compression_wave

Miles O'Brien fired a TRIBBLE compression wave through the Cardassian phaser banks on DS9 in order to trick the Cardassians that they had more powerful phasers installed on the station.

How about a "Pulse Compression Phaser Beam Bank" and "Pulse Compression Phaser Dual Beam Bank"? With higher damage, and an increased drain on weapons power?
  • Options
    jstewart55jstewart55 Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I would like to see a Quad Beam Bank, or Mega Beam Bank, or some other Ship Beam Weapon with higher base damage that would make the ability Beam Overload really hurt. Maybe as part of a mission reward or something. They could give it extra energy drain or something like -20 weapon power when used, so people don't load piles of them onto a ship and become all overpowered. There is a quad cannon, so why not?

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Pulse_compression_wave

Miles O'Brien fired a TRIBBLE compression wave through the Cardassian phaser banks on DS9 in order to trick the Cardassians that they had more powerful phasers installed on the station.

How about a "Pulse Compression Phaser Beam Bank" and "Pulse Compression Phaser Dual Beam Bank"? With higher damage, and an increased drain on weapons power?

That's a genius suggestion! Beam arrays really are kinda poor when compared with other weapons (even if you do get six / eight of them and have energy-boosting tactical consoles).
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    How about the ability for the owners of the Quad Cannons to be able to purchase Quads of other types? Sort of like how they did for the Galor users and the Spiral Wave Disruptors. I know they are unique and the player is only allowed one so make it in order to purchase, for example, an Antiproton Quad Cannon, you have to turn in you Phaser/Disruptor and some Dilithium to get it.

Note: I do not own the Quad Cannons so this is not asking for myself.
  • Options
    majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    scififan78 wrote: »
    How about the ability for the owners of the Quad Cannons to be able to purchase Quads of other types? Sort of like how they did for the Galor users and the Spiral Wave Disruptors. I know they are unique and the player is only allowed one so make it in order to purchase, for example, an Antiproton Quad Cannon, you have to turn in you Phaser/Disruptor and some Dilithium to get it.

Note: I do not own the Quad Cannons so this is not asking for myself.

I really like this idea, I don't use phasers myself anymore, favouring the antiprotons.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • Options
    genius1976agenius1976a Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    aeonjean wrote: »
    Cryptic didn't sell themselves to PWE. However, if you mean sell out as in ideas, well... If they don't do what the bosses says, they don't have a paycheck or jobs.

I'd like to see that, or maybe even a Tribble Farm/Lab on your Ship/Starbase/Planet. So you can grow the rare ones without loosing that Rare Drink/Food you need 3-5 of for BOFFS and can't find it after a while cause some little fuzzball ate it....
  • Options
    willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I would like to have more "just for fun" things like visiting Starfleet HQ on earth, Partying on Risa, ushaan on Andoria (not deadly) and visiting starfleet Museum or the 1701-D Saucer wreckage on Veridian III.
  • Options
    sierrafortunesierrafortune Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    A revamp and expansion of social areas.

For example take Risa and Andoria. Right now there isn't a whole lot to do on them. So here's what we do:

-Add Doff mission chains that give you unique Duty Officers, Bridge Officers, and a unique item (Ex. you can get a Horga'hn as a ship trophy for getting a critical success on a Risa Chain, and an Ushaan-tor melee weapon for completing an Andorian Chain. Also add some to Starbase 39-Sierra that give you more Romulan based stuff.

-Add a unique activity to each planet, like the Academy Events, that gives player something to actually do on the planets.

- Maybe a sort of "Spy" hunting mission where you have to go a number of places and talk to certain NPC's to track someone down. This would also yield espionage xp. And you can do more than just that, like on Risa where we know there's a weather control system there could be engineering based assignments to fix it or things of that nature. And these wouldn't be full on combat missions, they'd be closer to the diplomatic missions you can find on Vulcan or Starbase 39 where you need to select the right dialogue options to succeed.
  • Options
    vesphavespha Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hows about ACTUAL endgame ...TRIBBLE that ship stuff
    "We all change, when you think about it, we're all different people; all through our lives, and that's okay, that's good, you've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."
  • Options
    xenor002xenor002 Member Posts: 424
    edited July 2012
    • Respect to Gene's creatation aka Star Trek
    • Comitment / respect to the players who have been around for years
    • Content; not Zen/C-store wallet bleeders
    • Less credit sinks; it might cost [us] $1500 to reach T5 on [our] starbases
    • Vet Rewards after 1000 days
    • An updated uniform set(s) for KDF
    • Some "realistic" feel to STO / Star Trek; start small restrictions on uniform colors...can't take most hubs seriously anymore..
    • Update restrictions on naming; too many "James T. Kirks," and another canon names...just restrict certain combinations
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
    I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
    Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
  • Options
    tvlartvlar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    A lot of good suggestions here that I would like to see in the game.
    Didn't notice anyone ask for this..
    The ability to beam from your transporter room, directly to the bridge of a freighter, or from a freighter bridge, directly to the bridge of another of your ships...
    Don't recall seeing Star Trek captains beaming into space, before accessing the bridge of another ship...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nerehtnert7512nerehtnert7512 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    -A playable holographic character

-A dedicated mining ship, set up the same way the Tuffli Class Freighter is

-A dedicated courier ship, set up the same way the Tuffli Class Freighter is

-A dedicated luxury liner, with even more goodies than the Tuffli Class Freighter, like it's own holodeck and a unique set of player & doff missions/dailies.

-KDF 1-50, with KDF equivalents of everything the Feds have I.E. The Delta Flyer.

-Romulans 1-50, with Romulan equivalents of everything the Feds have.

-Cardassian, Ferengi, and Dominion factions 1-50

-A neutral faction, open to characters of any race

-Player housing that makes sense. And make it a first in the game industry, that a player can set up his housing to generate income, instead of it being a money sink.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    terongrayterongray Member Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Expanded options for Alien appearances, taking from more non-human sources. Not everything would have evolved to look like a human, the Gorn and Caitian set precedence there.
  • Options
    kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    -Player housing that makes sense. And make it a first in the game industry, that a player can set up his housing to generate income, instead of it being a money sink.

Have you ever played White Knight Chronicles on the Ps3? They have a "Georama" mode where you can build your own town. It is a huge time and resource sink, though.

It would be fun if players could terraform and found a colony on an uninhabited world. If they set it up so we could build different houses, assign DOffs or Colonists to live and work there, and do special missions and assignments it would be fun. But your right there would be no point unless there were useful rewards for doing so.
  • Options
    nerehtnert7512nerehtnert7512 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Have you ever played White Knight Chronicles on the Ps3? They have a "Georama" mode where you can build your own town. It is a huge time and resource sink, though.

It would be fun if players could terraform and found a colony on an uninhabited world. If they set it up so we could build different houses, assign DOffs or Colonists to live and work there, and do special missions and assignments it would be fun. But your right there would be no point unless there were useful rewards for doing so.

Exactly where I was going with this. I'd love to see farms, factories, and mines as part and parcel with player housing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Exactly where I was going with this. I'd love to see farms, factories, and mines as part and parcel with player housing.

I think that starbases were/are intended to become this. Don't remember the exact location of this statement though, and too lazy to look for it. :P
  • Options
    ikenstein1ikenstein1 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    - Playable Android.
    - More kits and kits powers. (Not pay to win)
    - New STFs. Not Borg and full length, not titchy 5 minute ones.
    - Make expose and exploit useful again.
    - STFs for more than 5 people
    - Add ground part of Starbase 21 back in
    - Missions that take place on the bridge
    - Fleet warfare
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Pvp fleet actions. That is all.
  • Options
    praghaspraghas Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    I want the same thing I've always wanted: more missions to do with my characters.

I don't need more Farmvillesque missions that play themselves after I fill in the blanks: AKA DOFFs and Fleetbases. I need actual missions that I can do in space and ground that don't involve pew-pewing waves of random foes: AKA Red Alerts, Deferi, Fleetbase Raids, etc.

STO doesn't need more game system updates. It needs more things to do with my characters.

BINGO, and we have a winner.
    Cloaking generators break down at first sign of language.
  • Options
    praghaspraghas Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think that starbases were/are intended to become this. Don't remember the exact location of this statement though, and too lazy to look for it. :P

I dont think they really count because they are fleet housing, not player housing, I can't myself customize it my way (unless I put all the man hours into making my own fleet).
    Cloaking generators break down at first sign of language.