test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ships Bought with Emblems

savingjsavingj Member Posts: 126 Arc User
Would these ships fit into the 75% Fleet Ship Module reduction? For those who don't know what Emblems are, they were the former currency before they revamped and changed into Dilithium. I believe that was either during S5 or before it.
Post edited by savingj on

Comments

• jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Good question. But I would say that the currency does not matter, but the fact that you have the ship in your shipyard.
  • timerastimeras Member Posts: 33 Media Corps
    edited July 2012
    Appearently it does matter. I own the Excelsior-R, Galaxy-R and the Intrepid-R and none of the ships has the 75% discount at the Shipyard, but my Armitage from the C-Store has. I am very frustrated about that, because the fleet ships are only per character unlocks just as the emblem/token ships and they should give the discount.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Photonen im Wind a foundry mission by timeras13
    Photonen im Eis a foundry mission by timeras13
    Photonen im Schatten a foundry mission by timeras13
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Best thing is to not even buy modules, take a stance against Cryptic show them you don't not agree with how they and their PWE Masters are ripping us off, the people who keep them in a job and help them pay their bills.

Only buy those few fleet ships that don't require a module. ;)
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • savingjsavingj Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    BranFlakes stated that ships that were bought using the VA Ship token from the 600 day vet reward doesn't count towards tthe discount. This would explain why only your Armitage class is the only ship to receive such a discount. I'm not sure if you bought the other ships off the C-store, but there is no Fleet Excelsior unfortunately.

I would love to completely ignore these fleet modules, but the fact of the matter is that the extra bit of edge is necessary if you want to compete against players in PvP with their lockbox ships.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited July 2012
    No, ships bought with Emblems do not qualify.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I want the "Fleet Long Range Science Vessel Retrofit", but i'm NOT gonna pay 25 bucks to get it. I already have the "LRSVR", which was obtained via "Vice Admiral Token". Now you want me to buy the SAME ship from the C-Store for 20 bucks, and then an additional 5 bucks for the Fleet Module.

What's the point of the CRAFTING SYSTEM these days by the way? Why can't this be repurposed to allow us to use the ingame crafting to upgrade our own ships the way we see fit?

Tired of this nickle-and-dime TRIBBLE you guys seem to be on as of late. EV suits not withstanding.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • kimmerakimmera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Although I tend to be rather defensive of PWE on a lot of matters, I agree on this. Veteran award ships should be treated as C store ships for fleet upgrade purposes.

They are paid for ships by virtue of the sub or LTS payments.
  • josephkerrjosephkerr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Care to explain why? I mean these ships were obtained when the game was sub-based and subsequently for 600 days subscribed, people that have these incarnations of the ships havnt exactly got them for nothing.
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    well atleast a 50% reduction would be in order! Thats really selat TRIBBLE!

also a "SORRY, they don't qualify!" would have been polite! But if you don't mean it, you can save it anyway.

But at this point i'm not surprised anymore about that kind of rip off...

I'm so glad that my 1 year subscription cost me less than 40 euros...still too much considering I was a paying beta player for 1 year.
    Go pro or go home
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    josephkerr wrote: »
    Care to explain why? I mean these ships were obtained when the game was sub-based and subsequently for 600 days subscribed, people that have these incarnations of the ships havnt exactly got them for nothing.

Remember that emblems translated into Dilithium.

Dilithium-bought ships don't qualify, ergo, Emblem-bought ships don't qualify.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I normally hold my tongue and move on to just play the game, but in this case I want to say that this is just a load of targ **** :rolleyes:
  • tupperswearingtupperswearing Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Way to penalise everyone who actually bought the game.

Instead of outfitting all my characters with fleet ships I will now only be doing 4 who have c-store ships. So instead of making 5000 zen off me you will now only make 2000.

Not only is it extremely unfair to us but you are cheating yourself out of money.
  • carmenaracarmenara Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Instead of outfitting all my characters with fleet ships I will now only be doing 4 who have c-store ships. So instead of making 5000 zen off me you will now only make 2000.

Not only is it extremely unfair to us but you are cheating yourself out of money.

Add this fiasco to the insane zen prices of 'certain other items' such as Combat EV suits and I propose whomever's in charge of marketing get fired. Immediately.

Because it appears the voice of the community doesn't matter and people are will just find ways and means to earn another quick buck off the community time and time again.

Ref: Lockbox fiascos and a recent dev blog proclaiming "We have listened to the community, understand better the lockbox mechanics and now wish to offer more value... which means more ships!"

If people in charge of making decisions actually play the game you will realize that a lot of these "new deals" are plain nonsensical either in excessive cost or in stupidly poor functionality as a reward. Whomever's in MANAGEMENT who has the guts to approve these new and fanciful ripoffs too, should be replaced with one who knows proper strategic management.

Because my IRL company definitely doesn't have a forum full of complaints on every single feature/product release because we don't rip off our customers or use hard-sell tactics on them or charge them $50 for virtual goods that depreciate to literally zero value within a span of months.

Just saying.

Slapping a "Limited Time Only!!!" tag to a certain starbase special project that costs 200k refined dilithium, anyone? That not only reeks of irresponsible marketing strategy (it's the most basic of facility management I can think of, other than turning on the lights or HVAC) but also is a ripoff as opening a window IRL definitely doesn't cost ten bucks!

If Cryptic / PW wanted to say "starbases should be exclusive" there are many, many ways to justify it in a canon setting. Likewise for most of anything else being complained on ATM.
    STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
  • savingjsavingj Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Would a 25% discount be asking for too much for ships bought with emblems?
  • skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited July 2012

What everyone needs to relize is that to Cryptic players with the old Token ships are considered GUARANTEED SALES, regardless of how much we may complain. Think of it this way. There was over a year of lacklustre sub development, then almost a year with no content, then the dissappointment when the f2p conversion did NOT bring the content everyone thought was promised (I see what you did there Dan...)... we've hung around through bugs, foundry shut downs, nerfs, imbalances, Lockboxes, etc, etc, etc. So now they dangle fleet version of our beloved ships, ships that we got waaaay back then and are our clear favorites.... they're betting we'll cave in and buy them per character at 20 USD or go ahead and buy a ship we already have off the Cstore for all our alts and THEN get a fleet version for a total of 25 USD.

We, the longtime players that are still around are probably some of Cryptic's most reliable buyers. Slowly they lower the value (but not the cost) of items so that now ships are character specific.... and just now they try to sell us character specific EV suits for SEVEN USD!! People need to start voting with their wallets, PWE and by extension Cryptic are in full player milking mode, they will try to push and push and push, and if we say no they'll wait a little while and then push again, constantly trying to give us the least value for our money so that we spend the most to get what we want.

Don't like waht's happenning? Don't buy into it and encourage your friends and fleetmates to not get anything either. Incredibly its looking like the only way to get value out of STO is to have a LTS and be very, very patient to get what you want with the shrinking stipend's value.
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

^ THIS

100% THIS

i bought the MVAM and Armitage
    i sure as hell will buy the upgrade for 500 Zen each.

i also fly various other ships that don't apply to the discount, i don't see me paying 2000 Zen for a Per Character Ship for 11 Toons PERIOD.

I bought both Orion Ships in hopes that they would one day be available as Tier 5 Skin options for the Orion Marauder, i played through those 2 Ranks in 2 afternoons!
    that was 2000 C-Points for both those Ships.
    Now the same Ship is in the Fleet store and because it is Tier 4 i need to pay another 2000 and it isn't even account wide. (ok i probably will never do a 2nd Orion char... but come on!)

Also, everybody who is informed about this shenanigans will now have no reason whatsoever to buy the Tier 4 + 3 Orion Ships.
    The *special* fighters are now common and you need better ones from the Dilithium / Fleet Store anyway, no discount on Fleetships either -> no reason to buy those.
    Too bad i already have them -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]