test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Non-Klingon Bridges...

aethon3050aethon3050 Member Posts: 599 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Klingon Discussion
I love my Varanus. It's beautiful, it's deadly when used properly, it's one of the most useful ships to have around in the starbase blockade mission, and it can even save an Infected Space Elite team when some idiot blows up one of the Nanite Generators before anyone can finish off the other three (repulsors and gravity well FTW).

But when I go to my bridge, it looks like a caveman designed the interior. It's all shades of red everywhere, no matter which bridge I choose, and there are various Klingon symbols everywhere. My ship wasn't made in the Qo'nos shipyards; why should the inside of it look like all the actual Klingon ships?

I'd really love to see some bridge packs for the other races' ships, even if we only get one bridge choice per group. I'd gladly pay for it in the C-store, too...especially since I find myself inside my ship a few times each day.
Post edited by aethon3050 on

Comments

• mexxxmemexxxme Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yes please.

Gorn/Orion/Nausi bridges would make a GREAT pack - and I'm sure tons of people would buy it - myself included
  • drikkehorndrikkehorn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I would pay a ridiculous amount to have an Orion bridge for my Orion char's Orion-crewed Marauder. As it is my carrier is overrun with targs.
  • startuxstartux Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yes, this would be great :). What would a Gorn bridge look like? Or an Orion etc?
  • praghaspraghas Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Even if I had a Klingon on a Klingon ship I would consider getting a different bridge just to get away from all that damn red.

Yes, Orion, Gorn, or Nausican bridge packs = something I will pay for.
    Cloaking generators break down at first sign of language.
  • aethon3050aethon3050 Member Posts: 599 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    startux wrote: »
    Yes, this would be great :). What would a Gorn bridge look like? Or an Orion etc?

Honestly, I'd love to see what Cryptic could do with the idea; the people designing the bridges have come up with some really cool stuff, IMHO. For example, the Healer/Compassion/Chirurgeon bridge set looks amazing, to me at least, and they've come up with several other good ones over the past couple years...especially recently. Have you ever seen the Tholian bridge? It's amazing, the thought that was put into it. :)
    edited July 2012
    aethon3050 wrote: »
    Honestly, I'd love to see what Cryptic could do with the idea; the people designing the bridges have come up with some really cool stuff, IMHO. For example, the Healer/Compassion/Chirurgeon bridge set looks amazing, to me at least, and they've come up with several other good ones over the past couple years...especially recently. Have you ever seen the Tholian bridge? It's amazing, the thought that was put into it. :)

Not KDF related, but the Oddy bridge was amazing, best bridge i've seen.... hate the ship, beautful bridge though.

I have not seen all of the TV shows, but don't recall ever seeing a Gorn, Orion, or Nausican bridge? Were they ever shown?

I imagine a Nausican bridge could look really twisted and evil.

Gorn ships would probably have bigger consoles and chairs (as the average Gorn is bigger than everyone else).

Orion bridges would have a stripper pole next to the Captain's chair.
  • tdon7tdon7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I said in another thread, but I'll say it here again.

It's been stated in other source material that Gorn tech is on par with the Federation. This should be reflected in the Bridge stylings.

Instead of the dark red, I envision Gorn bridges being gold with green trimming and perhaps Aqua colored console displays.
    A half faction is no faction at all.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    praghas wrote: »
    Not KDF related, but the Oddy bridge was amazing, best bridge i've seen.... hate the ship, beautful bridge though.

I have not seen all of the TV shows, but don't recall ever seeing a Gorn, Orion, or Nausican bridge? Were they ever shown?

I imagine a Nausican bridge could look really twisted and evil.

Gorn ships would probably have bigger consoles and chairs (as the average Gorn is bigger than everyone else).

Orion bridges would have a stripper pole next to the Captain's chair.

I would have a ship full of half-nekkid Orion slave girls than a boat full of Targs. It's not even a contest!
    XzRTofz.gif
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,862 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Would be nice to get away from all the red, staring at the red ui then going to a even redder bridge can be quite annoying and taxing at times on the eyes.

If not working on new bridge packs would it be to much to at least tone down the red on klingon bridges? I don't remember really seeing bridges THAT red.
    edited July 2012
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Would be nice to get away from all the red, staring at the red ui then going to a even redder bridge can be quite annoying and taxing at times on the eyes.

If not working on new bridge packs would it be to much to at least tone down the red on klingon bridges? I don't remember really seeing bridges THAT red.

Red quite effectively angers me. Generally I can play Fed side all day (8+ hours) and KDF I can't last over an hour and a half before getting grouchy. I think the red UI was a cute idea but very impractical.
  • tetonicatetonica Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    In all honesty, I don't see why we can't simply have a light colour option for ALL ship interiors in the first place.
    Lynis, Orion Engineer, main
    Rrezeth, Gorn Tactical, primary alt
    Nari, Orion Science, secondary alt