rather than shooting all the time

please bring it back soon;)
Milo Knight -Star fleet Engineer

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by miloguyaussie on

Comments

• bazagbazag Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah - I think a difficulty rating would be nice. Though how wold it work. Would people vote on a difficulty?

Would it be the average of a -1 throgh 5 star system?

Also yeah -- the fondry needs better searching tools, esp the ability to tag missions.

There are a few non-combat missions out there.

And here are some that I know off the top of my head.

Starfleet Experimentation by Bazag
    Hidden Intelligence by Bazag
    We Will Not Wander More by TheCentipede
    The Needs of the Few by Kirkfat

There are others as well but I can't put my finger on it.
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited July 2012
    Whenever the Foundry is back up, you could try my mission "Somewhere in Time." I wouldn't call it diplomatic, but any combat is optional and is not what the story is about :)

As for a difficulty rating, well I think that's easier said than done. I've seen numerous examples of how widely varying the difficulty can be on a single mission. It can depend on what level you run it at, whether you run it on advanced or elite, how good your gear is, whether your boffs have their skills leveled, what ship and build you're using, whether you or the enemy get a lucky crit, whether you know how to best use your skills, etc, etc, you get the idea.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • samerikersameriker Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It is up to the author to post certain details about the mission.

There is a level rating system for the enemies;
    ANY
    -These are where enemies are basic Klingon, Gorn, Orions, Nausicaan
    16+
    -Devidian, Hirogen, Reman, Romulans
    31+
    -Cardassians, Dominian, Fekihri, Mirror Federation
    35+
    -Breen
    41+
    -Borg
    46+
    -Species (Undine)

Two weeks has given me withdrawls... I never posted on the forum so much. :D
  • mazikenmaziken Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sameriker wrote: »

ANY
    16+
    31+
    35+
    -Breen
    41+
    -Borg
    46+
    -Species (Undine)

But which of you is posting, Riker?
    edited July 2012
    sameriker wrote: »

ANY
    16+
    31+
    35+
    -Breen
    41+
    -Borg
    46+
    -Species (Undine)

True but those enemies are more difficult when the player is a VA than when they are a LT. Case in point the Dahar Master. You can steamroll a mission at LT and die 20 times at VA on the same mission.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    Whenever the Foundry is back up, you could try my mission "Somewhere in Time." I wouldn't call it diplomatic, but any combat is optional and is not what the story is about :)

Haha the Kamelot references continue.
    edited July 2012
    \m/ needs to be more metal in star trek \m/

Working on a mission now with the title "Attero Dominatus" name that band :)
    edited July 2012
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    \m/ needs to be more metal in star trek \m/

Working on a mission now with the title "Attero Dominatus" name that band :)

There does, I mean Edenbridge have quite a few Star Trek references so it should work both ways. I wonder what kind of story a Delain themed mission could have :P
    Epica, Lacuna Coil, possibly even VoA and Lunatica could work quite well...

I didn't know that one, guess it was too obscure for me :P
    edited July 2012
    It's less of a "symphonic" metal band than my usual tastes, and I have to be in the right mood, but the title fits.

I tend not to actually base the mission off the song title I use for the title, except maybe tangentially, with some exceptions. "Raktajino in a Jar" is pretty much exactly the plot of "Whiskey in a Jar" except with 110 percent more Klingons. "Sink the Bismark!" is close, but I only took a little historical influence for that one, and the song is pure history. "Somewhere in Time" though I was definitely influenced by the theme of the song: loving someone because you think they are someone else. For the Dissent series, really none of those have anything to do with the song titles, they just sounded like they fit :D
    edited July 2012
    Oh, I thought your titles fit so well through the Dissent series, I just assumed it was thoroughly planned that way.
  • samerikersameriker Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    maziken wrote:
    But which of you is posting, Riker?

I could be the same Riker or I could be Sam E Riker?? :eek:
    drogyn1701 wrote:
    True but those enemies are more difficult when the player is a VA than when they are a LT. Case in point the Dahar Master. You can steamroll a mission at LT and die 20 times at VA on the same mission.

Well yes, but also since I think Milo is a new guy here? He should know this because otherwise you can get locked out of your own mission online. So the "trick" is if you want Borg in a low level mission you take an enemy and costume them as Borg keeping your mission low level. But so far, there is no way (without playing) to actually know how difficult the Foundry mission will be. Cryptic is having a hard enough time getting it repaired let alone adding more to it. I hope Milo and people like him will stick around.
  • miloguyaussiemiloguyaussie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    id like to stick around, sometimes the bugs and things that go on in this
    game drive me nuts, but i cant do anything about it..
    Milo Knight -Star fleet Engineer

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]