test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why are these exploits still around #2

aytanhiaytanhi Member Posts: 107 Arc User
First thread got deleted, posting a second thread with updated footage from today.

Videos showing the exploits in the game from the day I started to record them.

These exploits have existed since season 1, and has received no attention at all from the devs.

Please edit the thread if you must moderators, but please do not delete it until a developer responds with a solution.

Log-off Exploiter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex5WtMTJkmo

AFK Players in PVP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPIIjOmT8vM

Log-off Exploiter From earlier this week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KynOqXDSM9s

AFk players from the same fleet from today (A fleet farming PVP matches for Dilithium together is a new low imo) Lol! A new way to pvp, Premadefarm!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJfH27o5QkY

Posted in PVE section, because this problem is rampant in PVE as well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Aytanhi of TSI, TSI fleet founder and leader OrganizedPVP channel Admin
Feel free to ask me about PVP or starship strategies. "No, I am not Borg!"
/channel_join OrganizedPVP If you are interested in learning PVP, looking for a team, or a private match
Post edited by aytanhi on

Comments

• Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    aytanhi wrote: »
    First thread got deleted, posting a second thread with updated footage from today.

Maybe they're deleting it so that other players who weren;t aware of the exploits become aware of them and use them?

edit: As an aside, I;m seeing afk'ers who I;ve assumed to also be farmers in the events. Not sure what good that will do them as the fleet marks are not transferable and have to be returned back to Cryptic.

Unless they plan on selling ready made starbases....
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Maybe they're deleting it so that other players who weren;t aware of the exploits become aware of them and use them?

edit: As an aside, I;m seeing afk'ers who I;ve assumed to also be farmers in the events. Not sure what good that will do them as the fleet marks are not transferable and have to be returned back to Cryptic.

Wow, thats interesting and disturbing.
  • Options
    edited July 2012

Why delete it when you can just edit the revealing material out?

Read and critically analyze the post first before stating something so blatantly obvious, captain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    /channel_join OrganizedPVP If you are interested in learning PVP, looking for a team, or a private match
  • Options
    drasketodrasketo Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    For the first video, the Starfleet Dental tag was a dead giveaway he would be doing something hes not supposed to. Only reason those people play the game is to harass/annoy/troll others.
  • Options
    rooster75rooster75 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    aytanhi wrote: »

You've said in chat during this vid that afk'ers are why STO PvP is failing. Perhaps you should focus less on what others do and concentrate more on what you're doing as a player. Maybe your teammates saw no reason to fight since you were spawn camping and stomping your opponents and winning so easily? Maybe they got bored and saw no reason? Honestly, I see no reason for you to complain in this instance.

While I'm not a fan of log-off exploiters I couldn't help but notice that nice AMS console on your bugship. Seriously, do you need this stuff to win? Maybe your opponents got tired of being spammed with that P2W TRIBBLE? Is it not bad enough that your bugship is far superior to anything your opponents were flying in that match? You're probably a very good pilot but it saddens me when people feel they need to use these things to win. That, ultimately, will hurt PvP more than anything you have described.
  • Options
    pointedearspointedears Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    just fyi starfleet dental are goonswarm from eve online, so if you see these jokers in a pvp match just leave.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    AfK is the SLOW way to farm PvP! the quick way is to have your teams not use shields or armor. that way you can do a full PvP match in 5 mins, and finish the PvP daily in 30 or less. Heck I once had a L39 Sci char(Pulse/Sniper) shoot holes in 2 VAs this way. Yes my captain lacked shield too. Technically I lost, but I got most kills.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    drasketodrasketo Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    rooster75 wrote: »
    You've said in chat during this vid that afk'ers are why STO PvP is failing. Perhaps you should focus less on what others do and concentrate more on what you're doing as a player. Maybe your teammates saw no reason to fight since you were spawn camping and stomping your opponents and winning so easily? Maybe they got bored and saw no reason? Honestly, I see no reason for you to complain in this instance.

While I'm not a fan of log-off exploiters I couldn't help but notice that nice AMS console on your bugship. Seriously, do you need this stuff to win? Maybe your opponents got tired of being spammed with that P2W TRIBBLE? Is it not bad enough that your bugship is far superior to anything your opponents were flying in that match? You're probably a very good pilot but it saddens me when people feel they need to use these things to win. That, ultimately, will hurt PvP more than anything you have described.

So ... you think that an aoe 5 sec sensor jam is a good enough excuse to start cheating? In cause you havent noticed, slotting a c-store console requires a console slot, the more they have, the easier they go poof.

Give it 5 more minutes or so and youll probably be on here saying that "OH MY GOD, you have mk 12 weapons, that TOTALLY justifies them exploiting bugs! How pathetic are you that you need that to win??!?! REAL men pvp with Mk I common plasma turrets."
  • Options
    azerdracoazerdraco Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    drasketo wrote: »
    So ... you think that an aoe 5 sec sensor jam is a good enough excuse to start cheating? In cause you havent noticed, slotting a c-store console requires a console slot, the more they have, the easier they go poof.

Give it 5 more minutes or so and youll probably be on here saying that "OH MY GOD, you have mk 12 weapons, that TOTALLY justifies them exploiting bugs! How pathetic are you that you need that to win??!?! REAL men pvp with Mk I common plasma turrets."

Dude, quit the whining. There isn't enough cheese to go around anymore. Mice are starving all over the world because of PvP whiners crying on STO.

The only reason ANYONE plays PvP is because they want the challenge of fighting another player. If that player goes the P2W route and cheeses console abilities, then it gets annoying, especially when they refuse to go 1v1 with anyone.

A good alternative: If you want to have actual rules with your PvP, seek out others that desire the same thing and join one of them. Caution, some of these blanket rules can make a PvP build fairly hard to pull off.

If you want to just PvP, be aware that there are good players that use no Z consoles, and there are crappy players who rely on them. The vast majority, however, fall inbetween those extremes.

Oh yes, and to all the Starfleet Dental trolls: Please find another bridge to play under. This one has already been claimed by REAL players.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Here's my take:
    to be an exploit it must give the player a benefit of some kind.

The relog trick only keeps you from getting destroyed. It doesn't help you win. A quickie fix would be to have peeps who logout on a PvP match get dumped from the match and not automatically readded when they login.

AFKers deserve to be shot repeatedly. I've had LT chars challenge my VAs to PvP then go AFK and not respawn when I KO them.... it's lame and dumb. And don't get me started on the dimwits who think their LTs should be able to go 10 rounds without getting their butts KOed repeatedly.

*hides dental drill armature*
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited July 2012

Bah. The message appears to be lost upon you.

I take it by those comments that you have to use the AMS "crutch" too? People that rely on these things in their builds (in order to win) can't build a ship was the point I was making (or will just resort to cheese tactics). This to me, holds especially true for all these bugship pilots who shouldn't have to use these things at this point. If you had read my post more carefully you would have understood what the message was. In the OP's 4th vid he's complaining about AFK'ers on his own team while he's spawn camping the opposite team and won 15/0 despite having a couple teammates that did nothing. Look at the ship he is piloting and what he uses on it. That's a larger contributor to the ruin of PvP than AFK'ers. Sadly, he probably doesn't even need to use cheese tactics like that to win but chooses to do it anyway.

Oh well, the game allows these players and teams to cheese their way to victory. It won't, however, garner them any respect as skilled players except among others who use the same tactics. This is what's really ruined PvP. Especially when you know there are skilled players and premades that don't need to use this stuff to win and do it anyway.

...but then again you must not use AMS because then you'd know that it is a 12 sec confuse and placate.
    azerdraco wrote: »
    Dude, quit the whining. There isn't enough cheese to go around anymore. Mice are starving all over the world because of PvP whiners crying on STO.

The only reason ANYONE plays PvP is because they want the challenge of fighting another player. If that player goes the P2W route and cheeses console abilities, then it gets annoying, especially when they refuse to go 1v1 with anyone.

A good alternative: If you want to have actual rules with your PvP, seek out others that desire the same thing and join one of them. Caution, some of these blanket rules can make a PvP build fairly hard to pull off.

If you want to just PvP, be aware that there are good players that use no Z consoles, and there are crappy players who rely on them. The vast majority, however, fall inbetween those extremes.

Oh yes, and to all the Starfleet Dental trolls: Please find another bridge to play under. This one has already been claimed by REAL players.

Kudos. Very well said.

You're spot on here. I'll go back to my Mk I common plasma turrets now.
  • Options
    dood98998dood98998 Member Posts: 389
    edited July 2012
    rooster75 wrote: »
    Bah. The message appears to be lost upon you.

I take it by those comments that you have to use the AMS "crutch" too? People that rely on these things in their builds (in order to win) can't build a ship was the point I was making (or will just resort to cheese tactics). This to me, holds especially true for all these bugship pilots who shouldn't have to use these things at this point.

Oh well, the game allows these players and teams to cheese their way to victory. It won't, however, garner them any respect as skilled players except among others who use the same tactics. This is what's really ruined PvP. Especially when you know there are skilled players and premades that don't need to use this stuff to win and do it anyway.

...but then again you must not use AMS because then you'd know that it is a 12 sec confuse and placate.

Kudos. Very well said.

You're exactly spot on here. I'll go back to my Mk I common plasma turrets now.

I have encountered afkers, welchers and cheaters in pvp. I was in a voquv, using standard bops and all the other stuff I had equiped had a value of about 1.2 mill ec. Neither of the other dudes on my team had dropped a cent for sto, and we still ended up at thhe fedside spawn with two noobs waiting in respawn. I think anyone whose dead should be auto respawned after a minute or so, so as to prevent afkers, noobs, and welchers. From escaping my mk 1 plasma turrets :D
    When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
    This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines :D
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    dood98998 wrote: »
    From escaping my mk 1 plasma turrets :D

Mk 1 plasma turrets FTW!!!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    IF you don't have resists....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    IF you don't have resists....

Of course but it's still cheese. It will always be cheese used by cheese players.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Hehehe... or you could just use: http://www.stowiki.org/Ability:_Jam_Targeting_Sensors

Same 12 seconds (or more)... and unlike antimatter spread (5 KM) it has a 10 KM range.

what's next complaining about how PDS makes torps obsolete?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Hehehe... or you could just use: http://www.stowiki.org/Ability:_Jam_Targeting_Sensors

Same 12 seconds (or more)... and unlike antimatter spread (5 KM) it has a 10 KM range.

what's next complaining about how PDS makes torps obsolete?

Unlike AMS, Jam Sensors is not an AOE. I actually thought that I would just start complaining about AFK'ers ruining my game now! :P
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    lets do a side by side comparison:

AMS : JTS
    Range: 5km: 10km
    duration: 12: 12 or 16 (depends on skill version)
    targets: all: one

AMS is a somewhat better placate effect, and it can hit multiple targets. Good luck hitting multiple players in a 5km radius.... Fighters are a different story.

JTS has better range and could (depending on the skill level) last longer.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Here's my take:
    to be an exploit it must give the player a benefit of some kind.

The relog trick only keeps you from getting destroyed. It doesn't help you win. A quickie fix would be to have peeps who logout on a PvP match get dumped from the match and not automatically readded when they login.

*hides dental drill armature*

Think about it this way, if everyone on 1 team logs off before they die, then the other team will never win in PVP. So I'm not sure on what you mean by it doesn't help your team win.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, but if you keep relogging you can't win either. You have to stay logged in to get a kill. I still think peeps should get booted from the match if they log out though.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, but if you keep relogging you can't win either. You have to stay logged in to get a kill. I still think peeps should get booted from the match if they log out though.

Not really, you can win even if you keep relogging because you have the chance to get in and do as much damage as you can and then disappear when you're about to die.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    lets do a side by side comparison:

AMS : JTS
    Range: 5km: 10km
    duration: 12: 12 or 16 (depends on skill version)
    targets: all: one

AMS is a somewhat better placate effect, and it can hit multiple targets. Good luck hitting multiple players in a 5km radius.... Fighters are a different story.

JTS has better range and could (depending on the skill level) last longer.

You don't PvP much do you? JTS is a fragile placate while a target that has been hit with sn AMS can be continued to be pounded away on.
  • Options
    pug02pug02 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It is a very annoying trend in PvP and PvE.

Just a headsup: Cryptic has banned accounts for posting videos of other player's in game handle. I know you wanted to expose those players but revealing their handle is not approved of and has cost some people their accounts. I would suggest deleting the videos and re-editing them without the handle being displayed.

One little fix for those instant loggers could be a delay in logging off. Most games will keep the player around for 30 seconds once they have entered red alert.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]