test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 6 Dev Blog #17

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited August 2012 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Lead Character Artist Matt Highison reveals details about the new Combat EV Suits in this entry of the Season 6 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• creamyzombiecreamyzombie Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Think I'll stick with my Tholian one, but those Klingon one's look amazing. I'm betting I'm going to see a few getting around the promenade on DS9. Thanks for the read.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    700 Zen for a per-character unlock? Ugh.

I guess the ability to trade it makes that a little better, but the high starting price is going to limit supply moreso than if it had been 500Z or something.
  • mattmiraclemattmiracle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Is this correct or a typo (refers to Bold items)?

Environmental Protection
    Reaction Thrusters
    +30.5 Physical Damage Resistance
    +30.5 Kinetic Damage Resistance
    +5% Energy Damage
    +5.1 Energy Damage Resistance
    +15.2 Radiation Damage Resistance
    +30.5 Energy Damage Resistance
    +30.5 Radiation Damage Resistance
    +30.5 Toxic Damage Resistance
    +15.2 Fire Damage Resistance
    +15.2 Cold Resistance

So is it +45.7 to Radiation Damage Resistence or a Typo?
    Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief [Rank 7] for Covenant of Honor; a FED T5 Starbase
    House Leader [Rank 7] for Honorable House of Mor'gue; a KDF T3 Starbase
    Find us at CovenantofHonor.com.  My Twitter handle; @jmattmiracle
  • kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    7 bucks? Per toon? How many suits do you get?

It would be insane to expect me to pay 7 bucks pert Boff I'd want to outfit them with.
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    "Note: This item is a Character unlock that can be traded or sold on the Exchange. If you discard, sell, trade or use a Federation Combat Environmental Suit, you will NOT be able to claim a free replacement from the C-Store."

What kind of *blam* is this? Pay Real money for something you can't Claim again? No thanks.
  • alastorforthrighalastorforthrigh Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Whoever thought a 7 buck per character unlock was a good idea was very mistaken. At per character it needs to be much cheaper. Its already more than twice the price of other per-character unlocks like the Melee weapon pack and tribbles.
    2qTOAB3.gif
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jexsamx wrote: »
    700 Zen for a per-character unlock? Ugh.

I guess the ability to trade it makes that a little better, but the high starting price is going to limit supply moreso than if it had been 500Z or something.

Yeah, that does seem s a bit steep. Then again, they're making up for the lack of monthly subs, and one person buying this even twice just about covers their monthly sub cost (2 x $7).
  • kandorouskandorous Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Looks nice but character unlock only.... Nah.
  • broodwynbroodwyn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Reaction Gif

Really?
    So in order for us to wear the same thing our NPCs beam down with we have to pay 700 zen for an item that's per character which makes the 3 set bonus of your newly added Tholian ground set null and void?

These should have been the skins for the suit in the first place!, not those ugly janitor closet boiler suits we we lumped with,

I'm sorry but am I the only one who feels this is incredibly stupid, having to pay for something that would naturally come with a starship,
    Lets just hope PWE never starts selling cruises, Ships sinking!
    "Oh Lifeboat, Dat cost extra"
    "LifeJacket? dat cost more extra"
    "Ohh Rescue?, Yeah dat cost extra"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Production Assistant & Art Director
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I hate calling for new tech but I really wish we could have an EV suit costume slot where we pick the look for our EV suits, even if there's no color adjustment.

Also if the suit itself can be sold or traded, does that mean we can wear cross faction EV suits?

To the best of my knowledge, no equippable gear is faction flagged.

My other question is whether pre-level 50 characters can wear them and if the stats scale down because, if not, I think I just found my armor of choice for leveling characters.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    felderburg wrote: »
    Yeah, that does seem s abit steep. Then again, they're making up for the lack of monthly subs, and one person buying this even twice just about covers their monthly sub cost (2 x $7).

I suppose that sort of makes sense.

I mean, I get they need to make some money off this. That's fine, really. I'm not gonna demand these be 200Z account-wide unlocks or something stupid like that. But is lowering to 500Z each really that much to ask?
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Im glad these are finally here but I'm sorry 700 zen for per character is really high. 1400 for both is almost painful!

a smaller figure like 200 per toon would be better or 700 per account would be ok as its a visual and its functional.
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    700 Zen... awesome... gonna fit out all my Chars with those
    1400 Zen is a bit pricey for FED + KDF chars but ok whatever, i'm used to the double dipping by now....

Note: This item is a Character unlock that can be traded or sold on the Exchange. If you discard, sell, trade or use a Federation Combat Environmental Suit, you will NOT be able to claim a free replacement from the C-Store.

WTF?

FUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

NO i will not spend 7700 Zen on a Friggen Space Suit! :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stohansonstohanson Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Lead Character Artist Matt Highison reveals details about the new Combat EV Suits in this entry of the Season 6 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.

700 zen PER CHARACTER? If I have 4 Federation toons and I want to put a Starfleet EV suit on them (because starfleet officers SHOULD HAVE ACCESS to a starfleet suit). I feel like Cryptic is saying "TRIBBLE you, pay up". 700 zen per account I can get behind, but this is just wrong.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    700 Zen for a single character unreplenishable EV suit? Are you effing serious? 300, 400, hell even 500 would suffice. But 700? You're out of your damned greedy minds.
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Cryptic, you do realize that Champions Online (Cryptic's other MMO) offers account-wide costume unlocks for 475 zen. Why is Star Trek Online so much more expensive?
  • dan512dan512 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ridiculous price for a non account wide unlock for a bunch of freaking pixels.
  • atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'll try to be calm about this:

I'm not against per character transactions. I'm against per character transactions at per account prices. A per character ship should not be $20. A per character ground item should not be $7. Reasonable prices would be $5 and $0.50, respectively.
  • jaxjaguarsjaxjaguars Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I hope no one buys it. Maybe the price will go lower after they see Total First Day sales of $21.
  • djconcentusdjconcentus Member Posts: 177 Media Corps
    edited July 2012
    700 zen per-character?

Don't even think about it. That's just completely absurd.

Look, <whoever makes these decisions now>, I can understand the per-character unlocks for things like bank/inventory/ship slots/costume slots. They add to database bloat, as an IT professional I accept that reason. I can understand the per-character unlocks for limited-time events, its a reason for us to play. But per-character unlocks for a FREAKING CSTORE ITEM?

Madness. Complete and utter madness.
    The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
    Host of the Borg Boombox, 0300 GMT on Fridays on Subspace Radio
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    700 per char that's uh...

EXTREMELY steep. Account unlock would be preferred but if that wasn't doable 250-300 maybe and I'd consider it but that's a lot for just a one shot use. :(
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• stohansonstohanson Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'll try to be calm about this:

I'm not against per character transactions. I'm against per character transactions at per account prices. A per character ship should not be $20. A per character ground item should
    not be $7. Reasonable prices would be $5 and $0.50, respectively.

I agree with my friend here. I'm not apposed to buying things from the C-Store, but this is too expensive to be per character.
  • sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    lol. no thanks. i'll just beam down to nukara, look at the suit, pity the base commander who paid 700 zen for it, and beam out.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
  • eldioraeldiora Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Wow that is beyond ridicilous greedy. Seriously why do we have to pay 7$ for a skin for 1 character. Thats simply absurd. Whats next? The skin from the Maco/Omega gear for 7$ per character?

Next we need to pay for character editor options (want blue skin colour, go pay up another 10 bucks).
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think this is probably the worst pricing decision you've ever made, Cryptic.

Whoever made this decision needs to spend more time with the fans, so he thinks of us as people again.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Whoever thought a 7 buck per character unlock was a good idea was very mistaken. At per character it needs to be much cheaper. Its already more than twice the price of other per-character unlocks like the Melee weapon pack and tribbles.
    kandorous wrote: »
    Looks nice but character unlock only.... Nah.

This sums it up for me! No thanks! These should be account unlocks for this price and reclaimable if discarded.
  • kandorouskandorous Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    syberghost wrote: »
    Whoever made this decision needs to spend more time with the fans, so he thinks of us as people again.

Bwahahahahah!

That'll be the day.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Nice job. I don't need it but it looks nice. :)
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • sierrafortunesierrafortune Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    700 Zen?

LOL

Are you all insane?