test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What about my fleet credits when this such fleet kicked me?

dapperdrakedapperdrake Member Posts: 254 Arc User
I have 3 toons.
I have toon (federation betazoide) who have been kicked by fleet after I got 50000 fleet credits?
Could I say I'm not glad :)
I went on the global and it appears there is a lot of federation fleet who have this such behaviours. When they got enough fleetmarks. They kick you. I think there is too much bad fleet federation who kick after you helped them to build starbase.
Devs? Could I suggest something to you. Anyone is kicked or anyone who leaves fleet should be able to leave with his own fleet credits.
Otherwise I will still think your are bad people who like to make this game unfair!
Post edited by dapperdrake on

Comments

• jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    But you do take your Fleet credits with you when you leave a fleet?
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, your credits will always be your (Unless you spend them) you just have nowhere to spend them.

And if/when you join a new fleet your Fleet Credit tally will start at 0 since you haven't earned any credits with that fleet yet.
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Was there a specific reason why they kicked you? 50,000 credits is very easy to get so not a huge amount in the scheme of building a base...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Basically find a new fleet, you take your credits with you so you don't really lose anything there.

Oh, I should rephrase.

Find a better fleet.
  • hrci2907hrci2907 Member Posts: 648 Media Corps
    edited July 2012
    Come to my fleet, called Adriatic Fleet. If you are interested send me a pm on my handl:oe @hrci2907.

We dont kick people without a proper reason!
    "This is your ultimate STO Youtube channel!"
    https://youtube.com/user/MyBalkanGaming
  • dublinraiderdublinraider Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    foundrelic wrote: »
    Yeah, your credits will always be your (Unless you spend them) you just have nowhere to spend them.

And if/when you join a new fleet your Fleet Credit tally will start at 0 since you haven't earned any credits with that fleet yet.

I'm confused.
    So if i am ejected from a fleet, i keep the fleet credits i've earned. But, i can never spend them?
    So all the resources i've used in creating those credits are lost? :eek:
  • capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm confused.
    So if i am ejected from a fleet, i keep the fleet credits i've earned. But, i can never spend them?
    So all the resources i've used in creating those credits are lost? :eek:

It's just your position on the leaderboard that will be at 0. Your credits are simply another currency; and are available to you no matter which fleet you are in.
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    foundrelic wrote: »

This isn't accurate, is it? I distinctly remember the developers stating that your Fleet Credit score followed you around and would never reset. Your "contributions" to that new Fleet will reset, but your Fleet Credits are different.

So you could join a new fleet and spend your Fleet Credits in their stores.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • capcushcapcush Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Think of Fleet credits as an individual system where your fleet marks are another much like Dylithiumm to Zen when you donate a fleet mark the corresponding Fleet credits become yours alone.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Actually, I am not sure if your Lifetime Fleet Credit gets reset to zero. From your perspective it does, but I don't know if it the data is still in your old fleet. So it is possible that the Leaderboard can show all the former fleet members that have contributed to the Starbase.
  • morgansmithmorgansmith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    are we talking about fleet MARKS or Credits?
    [SIGPIC]stats of my ship coming soon[/SIGPIC]
  • yggdrayurilyggdrayuril Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Credits or Marks will follow with you, you just have to join a new Fleet to use them/get more.

From what I hear, people are booting people because (for some reason) they dislike people instant filling projects. I can't imagine why - sure T0 projects are pretty easy, but it isn't like your Starbase is going to be Tier 0 forever...
  • thoroonthoroon Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    "Wutz dis? Betta den me? no wai!" ... common sense *jk*

I'm quite happy with the fleet I'm in. Since most people are leveling up (and don't play fleet events), the demand for fleet marks is very high. So I don't even consider contributing something else, as bad as I am :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2012
    I think some folks may have Fleet Credit and Leaderboard status confused.

Fleet Credit that you earn is yours forever, until you spend it. It is not attached to the fleet in any way, and if you leave (or are kicked) then that Fleet Credit stays with you. If you left a fleet with 50,000 Fleet Credit and join another fleet, you can immediately spend your 50,000 Fleet Credit at your new fleet's stores (if they allow it and have provisions).

Your Leaderboard score is a running tally of the amount of Fleet Credit you have earned with that fleet. So in the case above, the fleet you left would show you as having contributed 50,000 on their leaderboard, even after you were no longer a part of that Fleet. Your entry stays there forever, it just never grows because you're not in that fleet.

When you arrive at your new fleet, your Leaderboard score will say 0, even though you have 50,000 earned. This is because those Fleet Credits were earned with a different fleet. Once you start earning, your Leaderboard status will begin to rise with your new fleet.

I hope that explains it all.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited July 2012
    Credits or Marks will follow with you, you just have to join a new Fleet to use them/get more.

From what I hear, people are booting people because (for some reason) they dislike people instant filling projects. I can't imagine why - sure T0 projects are pretty easy, but it isn't like your Starbase is going to be Tier 0 forever...

this i can kind of understand , in the 12th for example members are only allowed to donate 10% towards each project , so everyone gets a chance to get fleet credits , if this guys sat and hogged everything and filled all projects up without giving others a chance i can see why he'd have been kicked
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
  • phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    rrincy wrote: »
    this i can kind of understand , in the 12th for example members are only allowed to donate 10% towards each project , so everyone gets a chance to get fleet credits , if this guys sat and hogged everything and filled all projects up without giving others a chance i can see why he'd have been kicked

If the OP violated fleet rules that's one thing but considering the expense of projects it'd be a major strategical error to kick out your big contributors: 1) bad press for all recruitment and current members, 2) you will now get the final goal slower.

This is why I let even the newest recruits donate as much as they want in my fleet -- though the provisioned stores are not immediately opened up to them to prevent someone getting a huge amount of credits in one fleet and then joining just to buy up all the items in mine.
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
    edited July 2012
    I suppose , but larger fleets with a lot of members need such things in place to make sure everyone has a fair chance at getting credits
    12th Fleet
  • picard99picard99 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Cryptic should really remove whole leaderboard thing.It should be private and some people just get so envy when you play more that they do and so earn more fleet marks.
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    What I don't get is why the rewards dialogue tells me I've earned Fleet Credits and "Lifetime" Fleet Credits. There doesn't seem to be a difference, and I only get the amount once...
    edited July 2012
    felderburg wrote: »
    What I don't get is why the rewards dialogue tells me I've earned Fleet Credits and "Lifetime" Fleet Credits. There doesn't seem to be a difference, and I only get the amount once...

fleet credits are the ones you earn in that fleet and count on the scoreboard , while lifetime ones are the actual currency that you keep from fleet to fleet

i think
    12th Fleet
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    rrincy wrote: »
    fleet credits are the ones you earn in that fleet and count on the scoreboard , while lifetime ones are the actual currency that you keep from fleet to fleet

i think

Fleet Credits are yours to keep. It goes up and down depending on what you purchase and contribute. Lifetime Fleet credits are what your fleet sees. They only go up. However, going to another fleet will make it appear like your lifetime fleet credits reset since your previous lifetime fleet credits only count towards your previous fleet. I suppose if you go back to your previous fleet, then your lifetime fleet credits will continue to go up again instead of going back to 0.
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    picard99 wrote: »
    Cryptic should really remove whole leaderboard thing.It should be private and some people just get so envy when you play more that they do and so earn more fleet marks.

Yeah I totally agree with this. There is not point in having a leader board other than to generate internal fleet politics.
  • deyvaddeyvad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Lifetime Fleet Credit is like your HighScore.

They may mute it to stop the confusion, it's basically useless as of now. Who knows what they plan to do with that highscore eventualy.
  • doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Even if you keep your fleet credits, the douche fleet still has the resources poured into their starbase to help them rank it up. I like the fact your name stays in their leaderboard as a haunting reminder they kicked a good contributor. Assuming that contributor was falsely kicked.
    STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
    Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader
  • teufeldritchteufeldritch Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Regarding fleets only allowing ppl to contribute so much... of course a fleet can set whatever rules they want, it's their fleet afterall, but in my opinion it should be first come first serve. If a person only plays 1 day a week & only for 30 min that 1 day is it my fault they can't contribute? No. It's not my fault they play very little & it's not my fault they don't earn Fleet marks.

Why should I & the rest of the Fleet(& the Starbase too I suppose) be punished because someone doesn't play & donate much? You want to contribute to the developement of the Starbase? Then get your bootie in the game & earn some Fleet Marks. I would think a fleet would want their SB built as fast as possible & if they have some good earners contributing towards that then those good earners shouldn't be punished for helping the fleet achieve it's goal.

Then again wtf do I know? Not much. *shrug*
  • darthconnor1701darthconnor1701 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think some ppl in these fleets need to get over themselves. Nothings even up for grabs and I've seen and heard ppl getting into fights cause one guy wants to try to make the fleet progress asap and another wants everyone to have a chance to contribute something. I mean really whats the highest any fleet is currently on with tiers and theres already infighting. I know I have a friend that has a ton of credits dilithium and lots of extras packed away and he was told to contribute as much as he was willing. He did this and got a huge amount of fleet credits and was leading the next highest by 75k and got into a fight with fleet mates over it and was actually kicked cause he had done what one officer told him he could.

I know everyone needs to get points in to get up the new currency to buy the new toys but I think alot of fleets don't even really know what they are doing and are kicking cause they don't like others being leader of the pack for whatever reason be it a good one or just some hurt ego that they wanted the lead. Personal I think alot need to take a time out and just relax as there seems to be a ton of points needed to get to the top so I'd assume even if you don't get many at the beginning any decent fleet will have plenty of time for all members to get in on it.

Saying that I see the other side with the guy that either isn't on that much or isn't on at the right hours and hasn't gotten any or atleast not many points due to Real life time constraints. To be honest here fleets should be sending out mails about what the leader or leadership has determined to be the course they want to take with this. Limits on what you cna contribute and how much or how many points per day your allowed to advance.

Aint blaming the Devs though I think they didnt exactly think everything through but as we are all humans its a common problem to have a great idea and not see all the twist and turns said idea can take. No man ...Noone can think of everything and get it right the first time everytime.

Honestly I think the best solution is private fleet missions that each member can do once the projects have gone to their timers and your waiting on them to complete. My idea is that for 90 (or however many deemed right for the this type of mission) fleet marks you get to go to your fleet page and while the timer is going on a project you can get double shifts buff for the project you've chosen. Turning in the tokens would give you the same reward that donating to the project would have but with this everyone even when all projects are on timers gets rewarded and for doing this, you get a buff that can either lower the timer on the project for _x_ minutes or gets a _x_ percent increase on awarded Fleet base Experience earned for completing the projects. With something like that everyone even if you miss the timer or have a ton of fleet mates that are on at the right time to donate don't have to worry about being completely left out just cause they don't play as much or they don't play at the right time to catch the projects open for them.

Not saying this idea is the perfect one but its the best I can come up with at 3am rofl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    For the largest fleets there's a very simple solution already in-game regarding fleet credits: special projects. These take up many resources so one person can't dominate it all day, and each project is a mere 30 minutes. Do enough of them and it may even affect fleet progression!
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jkstocbr wrote: »
    Yeah I totally agree with this. There is not point in having a leader board other than to generate internal fleet politics.

Agree. Make it viewable only by the fleet leader or make it selectable who can view by rank. It might be good for the leader to see who contributed what but the minuses outweigh the pluses for the leaderboard to be viewable by all without a choice of options.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    and was actually kicked cause he had done what one officer told him he could.

This is why I'm rather surprised more fleets don't have forums. Having everything out in the open and in writing seems like common sense to me.

1. Come up with a policy
    2. Announce and discuss it
    3. Follow it