test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is Kerrat?

sdkraustsdkraust Member Posts: 524 Arc User
edited July 2012 in The Academy
I know its PVP, and I know you can get MK XII items rather easy (All common for me sadly) but why do these people always come to Kerrat, they just PVP each other it seems.
Post edited by sdkraust on

Comments

• Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Death by more ways than your imagination can come up with. It's not just a PvP zone, it's a PvPvE zone. Here is how it's supposed to work.

The mission is called "Encryption Error". You have to fly around and scan these Borg encryption nodes. Then once eight are scanned you have to destroy four Borg repair hulks. Mission complete. There's a lot of Borg to fight through, not too hard. The feds and KDF race to finish it first. That's how it is supposed to be done. That's the PvE part. But of course with Feds and KDF in one place it's also PvP. I always tell people not to cry if five Klingons decloak on top of them or spawn camp them (although I frown upon spawn camping). And if someone's complains that their 1v1 over the cracked planetoid is messed up by someone else, I just say "Welcome to Kerrat." It's a warzone, plain and simple. You can go there for the PvE, and get some good loot but unless your ready to expect a 5v1, don't go there for PvP.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    malevolence666malevolence666 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It is the place where FED players will ultimately get ganked by the Klingon players. :D
  • Options
    jhubellejhubelle Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've only ever actually seen a Klingon in there once.* Every other time I've only seen Starfleet. (Yes, that one Klingon did attempt to destroy us all, but he died in the attempt and we never saw him again.) It's a fun little warzone scenario though, and I like to use it when I've recently upgraded something on my ship (or changed to a new ship)... and for the warzone daily.

*It is possible they just hang out off on the side picking off stragglers. I try to stay at least near the group so we can all bail each other out if half a million Borg suddenly start shooting at one person.
  • Options
    ltcmdjamescoreltcmdjamescore Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Once upon a time...
    the Kerrat was the most played mission in STO. And I think that any other mission won't beat that, ever.
    izNBNFT.jpg
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    And then the feds will respawn, as the instance restarts, on top of the Klingons spawnpoint and commence to attack any KDF in sight until they iether drive the KDF away and all die themselves in the attempt, only to cry foul when the KDF (if they won) travel to the fed spawn point to camp them in retaliation.

Many KDF pride themselves on being able to escape the Cryptic bugged respawn/restart of Ker'rat. It is a good skill to have.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    ltcmdjamescoreltcmdjamescore Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, hit the Full Impulse and go to right before they can spot you. That was my way of beginning Kerrat. :D
    izNBNFT.jpg
  • Options
    redrickyredricky Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    To quote, I think, suessified, "Ker'rat is to PvP what Heinz Ketchup is to tomatoes." I think I got that right.