test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best ways to make ECs?

amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
So, I'm trying to save up for a Tuffli-class (coincidentally, if anyone has one and you dont care about the price I have about 8mill EC + contraband Ill give you for it), and I'm wondering what the best way to raise ECs is. I want to avoid making Mk XII consoles, as I dont have the doff set up to make it profitable.
7NGGeUP.png

Post edited by amayakitsune on

Comments

• bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited July 2012
    So, I'm trying to save up for a Tuffli-class (coincidentally, if anyone has one and you dont care about the price I have about 8mill EC + contraband Ill give you for it), and I'm wondering what the best way to raise ECs is. I want to avoid making Mk XII consoles, as I dont have the doff set up to make it profitable.

If you don't want to make the consoles just do the mission and sell the artifact. Do the Academy DOFF recruit missions and sell the white ones. If you're a Klingon can do the Pi Canis missions until you're blue in the face. Sell all the junk to a vendor or the exchange, whichever will get you more EC.

The problem with that is that you'll be only be able to make about 2 million a week. I don't know what the Tuffli goes for, but 2mil/week isn't going to be much help if the ship you want is selling for north of 100 Mill.
  • amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Last I checked on Tuffli's they were at 59mill (or there abouts).
    7NGGeUP.png

• reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    There's always crafting. Buy uncommon unreplicatables off the Exchange, turn them into Mk XI Phaser Relays and Antiproton Regulators, sell them back at twice what you paid for materials. Paid for my D'Kora that way.
  • verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    At the moment, White Doffs are at a premium, (All Federation) Colonists ive seen go for 75k+ each, Prisoners 90k +, Refugees 225k+, ive seen some white doffs go for 500k and sell
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    There are many ways to make a lot of credits.

You have to think differently : what would people want as soon as possible or what would people want without the time to grind for it?

Playing all your missions in elite mode is the most obvious way to maximize your profit. But it's not the only one. I can make 15M or more in a week if I want to, and I don't play 8h a day. :D

So my only advice will be : play smart, have fun but try to make profit with your fun, it's the best way to farm ECs.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • romuzariiromuzarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I just got my 7th green console in a row from the console assignment, and right now I have what I consider ideal or near ideal odds - 24/37/39. I'm getting real sick of this **** so, ya know, I suggest not even bothering with it like you're planning. Oh and yeah, oooooh yeah I'm getting alllll the good **** right now as greens and it'll just go right back to sci consoles the instant it's a ****ing purple.

Anywho!
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    romuzarii wrote: »
    I just got my 7th green console in a row from the console assignment,

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=293151

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=291481

Plus others. I just buy the strange alien thingie, nuke it and then resell it for about 500k ec a shot. Still making money and unless you price it too high, it's pretty much guaranteed.

The holonovel into Hamlet characters has a higher rate of return because it's percentages are better (I get purples frequently) but with the exchange nuked, I;m holding off on those.

edit Hey we can say thingie :)
  • sdkraustsdkraust Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I do:
    Tour the Galaxy (2-3 Times). Can do this 2 times a day if you're on that much. I usually get 1.
    Exchange trades
    Sell my Refugees / Any Doffs that are selling well right now.
    Rare Particle traces (don't always sell, I have some where there are only 2-4 in the exchange and they're 500K ea but nobody buys).
    Selling Rare commodities (Jevonite works well, Contraband not so much anymore)

I don't know much about Strange Alien Artifacts because I either never got the initial quest started (or I did and threw the first SAA away) or I just suck and never get any from the few Artifact missions I do (I'm trying to max out Diplomacy right now so I don't do those Doff missions much)

In my free time I do STFs and throw the Junk into the replicator. Everything else turned int Dil (Unless I get Prototypes I need 3x more for Mk XII Turrets).

Also the best 3 STFs to Pug IMO are
    KASE
    KAGE
    Infected Space
  • captainkirk300captainkirk300 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Me? I just wait till the tour the galaxy events on yah it's boring but I get like 600 thousand when I'm done with it