test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Blacksheep - casual fleet

troubiltroubil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Earth Spacedock
The Blacksheep is a casual fleet with a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. We're "a collection of misfits and screwballs"; a social group with a slight Star Trek addiction.

We are on STO because we have a love for Star Trek, and we want to have fun. If it's not fun, then why do it?

Some of the features of the Blacksheep:

Casual Fleet - We understand that real life events take priority over computer games, and because of this you can't be on here any time you choose. We are a relaxed and fun group. There are no mandatory meetings; no mandatory events; no mandatory fleet uniform. We do have a fleet uniform and patch, but wearing them is strictly your decision.

Simple yet organized - We know that some rules must be in place to keep things running smooth, so we have a simple, streamlined code we go by, overseen by the Fleet Council, our governing body. Even if some of our leadership were away for an extended period, the fleet would still run smooth. We have members who love to help, and always try to answer questions.

Open to most - Star Trek Online consists of players of all ages from all over the world. We are looking for players with a good attitude, who like to help others, and want to have a good time. We know that age doesn't always reflect a person's maturity: there are minors that have traits far beyond their years, and there are seniors that you would believe are still in elementary school. If you like helping others, treat people with courtesy, and looking to have fun, you will probably fit right in no matter the age.

Fleet tools - We have a web site that contains a Forum, Gallery, News area, and more. With all the contributions our members are making, the fleet starbase is progressing nicely; our starbase provides you with more opportunities for daily missions, Duty Officers, fleet ships, personal equipment, and more. We have a global chat channel and a Vent server for fleet use. The web site allows our members to exchange ideas and information and gives another outlet to have a good time. Preview our site at: http://fedblacksheep.enjin.com/

No heavy-handed recruiting - You will never see us shout out spam recruiting messages, and we will never send blind invites. When we run across people who seem like they would fit in with the Blacksheep, we might chat with them and inquire if they would be interested. We would rather go slow and treat people as we would want to be treated and find good folks, than blindly go on a recruiting blitz.

We are not looking to become the largest, fastest growing group. Rather, we want quality people who wish to have a good time in a relaxed atmosphere. It is our hope that by maintaining this philosophy, we will strengthen with a caliber of individuals you rarely see.

If you are interested in joining or want more information, register on our site and post a message on the forum at:
http://fedblacksheep.enjin.com and click on the "Join the Blacksheep" button across the top of the site, or feel free send an in-game message to @Troubl.

Wishing you fair winds and smooth sailing,

The Blacksheep
Member of the Blacksheep
"Who's interfering? We're... taking over." :cool: -Captain James T. Kirk (A Piece of the Action)
Post edited by troubil on

Comments

• Options
    renegadesteverenegadesteve Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Do you guys do STFs runs?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Do you guys do STFs runs?

We have quite a few members that love doing STF's. Normally, they don't have a scheduled time of doing them, they will simply shout in text "Who wants to do Stabase Fleet Defense with me?" and a bunch of people will chime in.

As a casual fleet, no one ever HAS to do an STF... they can do whatever type of thing they enjoy on STO.
    Member of the Blacksheep
    "Who's interfering? We're... taking over." :cool: -Captain James T. Kirk (A Piece of the Action)
  • Options
    renegadesteverenegadesteve Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So how does this fleet feel about doing foundry maps? Do you guys make some on your own?
  • Options
    kaliskannykaliskanny Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Do you guys do fleet events?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    So how does this fleet feel about doing foundry maps? Do you guys make some on your own?
    We have members that love doing Foundry missions as well as making them. If Foundry is your thing, you'll find people to either do them with you or go through your mission.
    Member of the Blacksheep
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    kaliskanny wrote: »
    Do you guys do fleet events?

We don't have any scheduled events set in stone, but there are member that like to do STF's and the new Starbase Fleet Events on a regular basis. Also, there are members that ocassionally set up "custom" fleet events... just fun things for people to jump into.
    Member of the Blacksheep
  • Options
    captblackaccaptblackac Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ~S~

The more members that are on, the more events that are created. It is just plain fun that we have all the time. With the different time zones, the members that we have,you can always fins a BlackSheep member on.
  • Options
    aentaaenta Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    people who like foundry, check
    people who like stf, check
    people who like jsut hanging around, check
    people who like roleplay, yeah...we REALLY have that covered =D
    people who like other stuff, check

pretty much Blacksheep has it all.
    plus, how many fleets do you know of that have a council that runs it, most still have the 1 leader than then some officers thing. a council makes it so we can always replace leaders who go inactive, thus we always have a working leadership

now if only these forums would let me post pictures..
  • Options
    echosinsanityechosinsanity Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Theres somthing for pretty much everybody.
    Being a 900 day vet, this is the best fleet I've found in this part of the galaxy.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    It's been great meeting all the new members that have been coming into the Blacksheep!

We are still taking new members, so if you have any questions feel free to ask. We are happy to help when able!
    Member of the Blacksheep
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    For information on how to join the Blacksheep, or to submit a question, go to this link:
    http://fedblacksheep.enjin.com/joinhere
    Member of the Blacksheep
  • Options
    xemesisxemesis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I've been in blacksheep for about two months now. It is my second fleet. The main thing i enjoy about the fleet is the respect people give. Not just to fellow members but to other players. I played solo for quite awhile after leaving my last fleet, and received hundreds of random fleet invites. I joined blacksheep because i was actually recruited. I got asked if i have a minute, then asked a few questions about what i enjoy doing, if i like doing stf's or foundries. That tiny act of respect got me into the fleet, and the awesomness of the members is what keeps me there.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    xemesis wrote: »
    I've been in blacksheep for about two months now. It is my second fleet. The main thing i enjoy about the fleet is the respect people give. Not just to fellow members but to other players. I played solo for quite awhile after leaving my last fleet, and received hundreds of random fleet invites. I joined blacksheep because i was actually recruited. I got asked if i have a minute, then asked a few questions about what i enjoy doing, if i like doing stf's or foundries. That tiny act of respect got me into the fleet, and the awesomness of the members is what keeps me there.

Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you were approached in a courteous manner, as we frown upon blind invites and spam messages. We try to treat others as we would want to be treated.

Though we are a casual fleet, we know there must be some rules in place to set guidelines and keep things running smooth, and our Article 1 states:
    This is a game, and we are here because we want to have fun. If it's not fun, then why do it? We shall encourage people's enjoyment of the game by being friendly, helpful and respectful... and a little humor never hurts! People who maintain these ideals are always welcome within the ranks of the Blacksheep.

It's great having you in the fleet, and again thank you for your comments!
    Member of the Blacksheep
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Again, I'd like to thank the folks for posting their comments about the Blacksheep, and it's been a pleasure responding to the in-game messages I've been receiving.

Also, I want to thank our members for the outstanding job they're doing on the fleet starbase... more and more features are being unlocked thanks to their contributions. It's progressing very nicely!
    Member of the Blacksheep
  • Options
    commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Sent @Troubl a friend invite. Talk to me when you're on please.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Sent @Troubl a friend invite. Talk to me when you're on please.

Was a pleasure chatting with you today, and welcome to the fleet!
    Member of the Blacksheep
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    ~S~

We do our very best for all our members.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    ~S~

The New season 7 will be out soon and the Blacksheep are ready. Space Station is at Tier 3, thanks to our very active Membership. We are very supportive in what the membership wants in all area's of the building and the planning our Fleet's next action. There will be a Blacksheep Embassy with the opening of season 7.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I just wanted to let folks know that even though we haven't be posting often in this thread, we are still welcoming new members. Hope everyone's enjoying Season 7!
    Member of the Blacksheep
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    For those of you that celebrate Thanksgiving Day, I hope you had a good one! See you in-game! :)
    Member of the Blacksheep
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    ~S~

With the season 7 out and most of the bugs fixed, we are still growing and always looking for new members.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    On behalf of the Blacksheep, I'd like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas! Hope your holidays are wonderful!

I'd like to commend our old-time members who continously help out new STO members, and want to welcome the great group of new members who are in the fleet. It's always a pleasure playing the game with all of you!
    Member of the Blacksheep
  • Options
    wiipewiipe Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What level shipyard does the fleet currently have? Is the starbase still progressing?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    wiipe wrote: »
    What level shipyard does the fleet currently have? Is the starbase still progressing?

Currently, our fleet shipyard is Tier 3, and our overall Fleet Level is 11.

Progress continues in all areas of the starbase, but has slowed due to the low dilithium prices as of late. People are taking advantage of that to convert their dilithium into Zen points, so we are focusing on projects that require less dilithium.

As always, our members are doing a great job contributing towards the starbase, and it's to their credit that the base is where it's at today!
    Member of the Blacksheep