test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't buy slots or access foundry

mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Greets:

I;m just going to throw this out once again in an attempt that a passing dev will see it. I've filed bug reports in the past ingame and they've gone off to limbo. I filed a Tech Support ticket recently and had a GM answer it saying I needed to file a bug report. Not sure why the ball got dropped there.

Copy and paste from the last ticket:

Greets:

I am having a problem with access the STO foundry. Previously I was able to purchase 2 starter packages for 8 slots by doing the "create a character- delete the character" walkaround discussed many times on their support forums.

When I try to access the foundry, one of two things happen.

- I have no slots and can't buy any new ones. When I click on the Buy Foundry Project Slots button, I am taken to buy page and I see Buy Starter Package option. When I try this, O get a purchase failed result at the bottom of the page.

- I have slots but I don;t. When this happens, I access the Buy Foundry Project Slots, I see I have my 8 slots and I see the option to buy extra slots. When I go into the editor though, I see that I have 1/0 slots available.

This is I believe the third request to have someone review this situation. Please see if you can resolve this issue. This issue was reported as being fixed in a recent patch and I was told in the support forums by branflakes that it was working. It clearly is not.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• morinonmorinon Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I too am having this issue, just wanted to start working on it and every time I attempt to buy slots, I get 'purchase failed'.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    yeah that bug only happens for "silver" players.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The confused GM said that they would pass it along to the bug report folks.

No mention about their broken tech support form though.
  • malrassamalrassa Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Managed to find a work around for this, although it's a little convoluted.

Based on other readings around here, I created a regular (NOT content development) character. Don't bother customizing it, you're just going to delete it anyway. Let it load, skipped the tutorial, logged out, logged in, deleted new regular character, went to content creation tab. It said I already had 8 Foundry slots (this may vary for you). I told it to buy four more anyway, for 10000 Dilithium. After that, it asked me to create a content creation character. Tried. Character couldn't be created.

Forced back to login screen with error. Logged back in. Clicked content creation tab. The buttons for creating content creation characters remained unlocked (this was new for me) Tried to create another character. Success! I've been tooling around in the Foundry for the last hour and a half.

Hope this helps some of you all too :) Oh. And I'm a silver character, though I was originally 'Subscribed'. I cut off my subscription right after the first month of live game play, right after open Beta.
    edited July 2012
    malrassa wrote: »
    Managed to find a work around for this, although it's a little convoluted.

Thanks but that's what I mentioned in the first post as the "create a character- delete the character" walkaround.

Also the next time you login, you can access it via the character you had created but you'll have 1/0 slots available when you get to the editor.
  • malrassamalrassa Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Says I still have 1/4 actually. Completely closed the client 3 times now. Guess I just got lucky.
    edited July 2012
    malrassa wrote: »
    Says I still have 1/4 actually. Completely closed the client 3 times now. Guess I just got lucky.

Must of. I check pretty much every time I log on.

Add to that the non existent zone chat and I'm just peachy. :)

edit: Thank you though for taking the time to respond.
    edited July 2012
    Just an update.

In my quest to get access to zone chat, it was suggested that one of the characters may be glitching the system. Since my newest character was the one that I created for the foundry, I went a head and deleted that one.

And now I;m back to being completely locked out of foundry. Can't even get to the editor with it's 1/0 slots.

Yup, lots of fun.

edit: Sig image changed until this is fixed.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hey Mike, have you ever thought of making up a new account just to use the Foundry? I know how silly that might sound, but it only took me less than a week to generate the 10K dilithium needed. That way you would have one account you play on and the other you use for mission building. I guess it would suck if you got the same result.
    NFA-banner.png
    edited July 2012
    Hey Mike, have you ever thought of making up a new account just to use the Foundry? I know how silly that might sound, but it only took me less than a week to generate the 10K dilithium needed. That way you would have one account you play on and the other you use for mission building. I guess it would suck if you got the same result.

Actually I have thought about that. If that;s what it's going to take to resolve this, gotta admit that I shouldn't have to take that step but if I must.....
  • theultimatefunkytheultimatefunky Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    man im so glad i dont get silver player bugs, :( i feel for you guys i rly do, the devs shud give silver players the same attention the gold and lifers get
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    man im so glad i dont get silver player bugs, :( i feel for you guys i rly do, the devs shud give silver players the same attention the gold and lifers get

Yeah well.....

By the way I give up on this. I'm assuming that the 20k in dil I spent on the slots is lost.

Just chalk it up to another long outstanding bug that seems to never get fixed.

DCUO is looking better and better right now.
  • cyrilmakcyrilmak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I am locked out as well, even though I BOUGHT slots before. This is BS. I also like how it says I registered July 2012 on the forums when I joined in 2008.
    Cyrilmak - Vice Admiral 50 - Starfleet Tactical Officer - Fleet Senior Member of: Council of Athena
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    Is Jul 2012 when you got your account for the NEW board?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited July 2012
    cyrilmak wrote: »
    I am locked out as well, even though I BOUGHT slots before. This is BS. I also like how it says I registered July 2012 on the forums when I joined in 2008.

Well right now everybody is locked out right now. I'd give you reference links but that appears to offend folks here and I can;t tell you to search either since that also offends folks so I guess you;re on your own on finding the threads.

The foundry has been down since season 6 came out. They recompiling the missions, founds some bugs and are testing the fixes while continuing to republish them. Of course telling you that will probably offend someone as well....

And we all have the same join date. The forums got merged, the database transfer got royally messed up and we've got what we've got.
    edited July 2012
    they didn't transfer board accounts at all. We had to make new accounts.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited July 2012
    they didn't transfer board accounts at all. We had to make new accounts.

That. I'm tired and internet access has been an issue for part of yesterday and today. I should have said linked accounts.
  • campbell3campbell3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Brother quit worrying about pissing some computer geek off, I mean, yeah I know this is mostly all they do with themselves, sit on the computer waiting to jump someone for asking a question they deem is wrong or stupid, say what you ant to say , respectfully of course, and out of all the doe heads who post some negative Nancy TRIBBLE, you will have some that are actually friendly and willing to help their Star Trek brothers (or sisters). Those who think they are better than others and can't wait to jump someones TRIBBLE for any little thing need to stop and think WWKD? What would Kirk do???.....
  • campbell3campbell3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well right now everybody is locked out right now. I'd give you reference links but that appears to offend folks here and I can;t tell you to search either since that also offends folks so I guess you;re on your own on finding the threads.

The foundry has been down since season 6 came out. They recompiling the missions, founds some bugs and are testing the fixes while continuing to republish them. Of course telling you that will probably offend someone as well....

And we all have the same join date. The forums got merged, the database transfer got royally messed up and we've got what we've got.

Brother quit worrying about pissing some computer geek off, I mean, yeah I know this is mostly all they do with themselves, sit on the computer waiting to jump someone for asking a question they deem is wrong or stupid, say what you ant to say , respectfully of course, and out of all the doe heads who post some negative Nancy TRIBBLE, you will have some that are actually friendly and willing to help their Star Trek brothers (or sisters). Those who think they are better than others and can't wait to jump someones TRIBBLE for any little thing need to stop and think WWKD? What would Kirk do???.....
  • cptjscptjs Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I can`t even get on the foundry
    edited July 2012
    cptjs wrote: »
    I can`t even get on the foundry

That's a different problem. The foundry is currently down.

Copied and pasted:

We're discussing (well complaining) about it in the recent patch discussion:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=327611

There;s also a timeline (more discussion and complaining) here:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=307171

Oh and this guy named his ship after it:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=322281

Hope this helps.

edit: There was another thread too but that'll get you started.

Hope this helps. Thanks by the way for searching first and not just starting yet another thread on the subject. :)
  • johndakorjohndakor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    weird thing, idk if foundry is down or what but for the last two or three months the 'create content' button is just grayed out, no character slots or screen. nothing, oh and whats worse is I am A FRIGGAN' GOLD MEMBER!!!
    so I already filed a report does any1 have ideas or what kind of issue this might be???
    edited July 2012
    johndakor wrote: »
    weird thing, idk if foundry is down or what but for the last two or three months the 'create content' button is just grayed out, no character slots or screen. nothing, oh and whats worse is I am A FRIGGAN' GOLD MEMBER!!!
    so I already filed a report does any1 have ideas or what kind of issue this might be???

The foundry has been completely off line since the start of Season 6.

Look up a couple of posts for links.
    edited August 2012
    Yes, I'm aware that the foundry editor is currently down.

One of the recent most patch notes mentioned that the issue of not being able to purchase additional slots was resolved. I am assuming that my issue is related to this.

I wanted to mention that during those few days where we had access again to the foundry editor, I still was not able to access it. In fact the problem has gotten worse as the previous "Create a character - delete the character" workaround no longer works either.

I would have reported this earlier but was unable to due to the poor customer service that I have received from an employee of this company.

Recent most tickets:

[System] [TicketCreated] Successfully submitted ticket ID #1,378,275. Another bug report

[System] [TicketCreated] Successfully submitted ticket ID #1,378,285. gm request for the slots - Still open

8/2/2012 about 7pm US Eastern time

edit: I don;t see mention of the slot issue in the regular patch release announcements. Maybe I;m just getting confused over if this got fixed or not.
  • toslover#1432 toslover Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The foundry has been completely off line since the start of Season 6.

That's not entirely true. :)

It went down on the 12th of July, then came back up on the 2nd of August, but it unfortunately went back down again on the 6th.

I know that four days doesn't really matter, but I just wanted to let people know who were unaware that it had been up at some point, short as it was. :)
    2rbz410.jpg
    edited August 2012
    It went down on the 12th of July, then came back up on the 2nd of August, but it unfortunately went back down again on the 6th.

I know that four days doesn't really matter, but I just wanted to let people know who were unaware that it had been up at some point, short as it was. :)

Agreed. For those reading, please review the thread dates.

Like I said I tried to report/update this earlier but was unable to do so. For the short period of time where the foundry editor was available, I still did not have access to it even though I;ve purchased two of the starter packages earlier.

I also stated that I gave up on this. The only reason why I am mentioning it is that it is listed in the patch notes. Kind of like how Mudd got fixed way back when but is still an issue for many.
This discussion has been closed.