test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Failing Queue system.

kiarasenakiarasena Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Now I know why I left Perfect World International.. Because the game system fails..:(

Yet, when I downloaded this game, I did not expect it to be so full of bugs after Season 6 came out.. :(
Same goes for PWE buying things, or doing the money-related stuff, it's TRIBBLE with in-game prices.

Anyway.. I just bought a shuttle in-game, and wanted to do the Vault Event. Instead, the stupid system puts me in a Infected Ground Queue while I was 100% sure to have clicked The Vault.
I don't want to do Infected Ground, and leave the team. But.. guess what?
The moronic penalty prevents me from joining anything for an hour. :mad::mad:

PWE, and also Cryptic, do me a favor, while I still want to make this post..
Fix the queue system and stop turning Cryptic's STO money-related things into a fail system after buying/joining Cryptic, and also Cryptic guys, start fixing stuff. (And yes, 1000 of people are calling it a failure in-game after things were bought or PWE joined in. To quote an in-gamer "it's craptic", would you guys from PWE and Cryptic like people to see the game as a failure? Or enjoy playing?)

Oh, and another quote.. "they're greedy for money so don't care much if things go bad in-game", i'm wondering.. are things added for the money? Or to improve the fun of gaming?

Thanks for your time.

Kind regards,
Kara
Post edited by kiarasena on

Comments

• yggdrayurilyggdrayuril Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    PWE doesn't do anything with the game's actual mechanics however, they just control the money that allows you to play the game, and Z-Store pricing and item additions. This is likely just a bug Cryptic had on accident, or perhaps the event ended and it queue'd you into something else.
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    kiarasena wrote: »
    Anyway.. I just bought a shuttle in-game, and wanted to do the Vault Event. Instead, the stupid system puts me in a Infected Ground Queue while I was 100% sure to have clicked The Vault.

Yup, that's a current bug that a few folks have pointed out. It's defaulting to either that one or Cure Ground. Even if you have unselected ground events.

Work around is to click on the event that you want and then pull up the details first of the event to make sure you're looking at the right one.

You may have to do it a couple of times until the game pays attention.

Feel free to insult me for providing you with a work around. That appears to be allowed here and is quickly becoming the norm.

Hope that helps if it matters any more.
  • kiarasenakiarasena Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yup, that's a current bug that a few folks have pointed out. It's defaulting to either that one or Cure Ground. Even if you have unselected ground events.

Work around is to click on the event that you want and then pull up the details first of the event to make sure you're looking at the right one.

You may have to do it a couple of times until the game pays attention.

Feel free to insult me for providing you with a work around. That appears to be allowed here and is quickly becoming the norm.

Hope that helps if it matters any more.

Hehe. :P

At least someone with usefull info showing up. :o
  • metlmetl Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    kiarasena wrote: »
    Now I know why I left Perfect World International.. Because the game system fails..:(

Yet, when I downloaded this game, I did not expect it to be owned by PWE. :(

I don't want to do Infected Ground, and leave the team. But.. guess what?
    The moronic penalty prevents me from joining anything for an hour. :mad::mad:

PWE, and also Cryptic, do me a favor, while i'm still on my nice side to make this post..
    Fix the queue system and stop turning Cryptic's STO into a fail game after buying it. (And yes, 1000 of people are calling it a failure in-game after it was sold. To quote an in-gamer "it's craptic", would you guys from PWE like people to see the game as a failure? Or enjoy playing?)

Thanks for your time.

Kind regards,
    Kara

Nevermind.
  • logicalspocklogicalspock Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Cryptic has always released seasons full of bugs. It has nothing to do with PWE.

I would be surprised if other MMOs are much better. It is just a law of software development economics. For an online game, the economics dictate that it is better to get new features out there, even if they are full of bugs, because so long as you do not corrupt user data, there is nothing critical on the line and it is easy to release a fix for it since the game requires internet access and forces patches.

On the other hand, if you are going to release a program that is going to be responsible for the guidance system on an unmanned probe or monitoring the core temperature of a nuclear reactor, it is better to spend five years to make sure the code is solid than release it prematurely and hope for the best.