test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please give us fleet marks for other missions

captpeacemakercaptpeacemaker Member Posts: 230 Arc User
There are only about 5 PvE events that are available that offer fleet marks. Yes, you get them from the Tholian ground mission, but only during the Fleet Event.

We should be earning Fleet Marks from completing the other missions in the game as long as we are on a team that includes another fleet mate.

You could argue that the other missions in the game are not related to fleet activities, but if you can join a PvE queue and earn fleet marks, even with no one else on your fleet with you, I dont really see the difference.

Essentially, what is going to happen is that all of our time is going to be spent replaying the same missions to earn 10-15 fleet marks each, over and over.

STFs, plot missions, exploration, patrols, PvP and all of that is going to become irrelevant in the pursuit of Fleet Marks if we dont get them for these missions.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Thowchum
Legendary Starfleet Captain
Fleet Leader, The Abductors
STO Forum Member since December 2010
Welcome to Star Trek Online, where our motto is 'Peace through Superior Firepower.'
Post edited by captpeacemaker on

Comments

• keldakinckeldakinc Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    At some point in the near future, they're going to give us the ability to trade in Commendation XP for Fleet Marks. Any Commendation XP you have over 100,000 in a particular category (Diplomacy/Marauding, Espionage, Science, etc.) can be converted to an amount of Fleet Marks. I haven't heard any official word as to when they're going to implement this system or what sort of exchange rate they'll put in place, though I'm sure there are plenty of people on this forum that are better informed and might be able to give solid answers.
  • avantgarde01avantgarde01 Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The rumor is that the CXP exchange rate is going to be 1000 to 1. Not much to get excited about really.
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    yea all the old content has be made usless why stf when u can grind fleet marks.

if not missions they should add fleet marks to stf that way there would be a reason to play them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aarons6aarons6 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i have to agree, everything should give fleet marks.. even if its 5 or so on completion maybe more if you play on elite.
    edited July 2012
    The rumor is that the CXP exchange rate is going to be 1000 to 1. Not much to get excited about really.

If that really is the case, that's horrible. Even those that have Rank 4 in several categories are only going to get a handful of Fleet Marks when all is said and done. Personally, I think a 100:1 exchange rate is about right. I could even live with a 250:1 rate. Any more than that and it becomes an exercise in futility.
    edited July 2012
    keldakinc wrote: »
    If that really is the case, that's horrible. Even those that have Rank 4 in several categories are only going to get a handful of Fleet Marks when all is said and done. Personally, I think a 100:1 exchange rate is about right. I could even live with a 250:1 rate. Any more than that and it becomes an exercise in futility.

Yes. Basically asking you to exchange 1-2 weeks worth of work (50k CXP), for 10-20 mins worth of work (50 Flt Mks). :rolleyes:

What kills me about that is having a glut of fleet marks won't make a considerable difference. You can only run 3 main projects at a time, and the two special. Along with that are the other resources needed to start a project and, last but not least, the 20 hour time gate. Plus, if you're in a large fleet, you're competing with others to even donate your fleet marks in the first place.
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think they should give fleet marks for the PvP missions
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
    edited July 2012
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    I think they should give fleet marks for the PvP missions

I suspect they're going to but not with PvP as it currently exists. They are probably looking to add new PvP scenarios as part of the daily fleet events. So PvP colony invasion, PvP Starbase Incursion, PvP Fleet blockade and etc.
  • kimmerakimmera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    They are much more likely to start off conservative. If they are too generous, then it would be really hard for them to scale it back again without much louder complaining.
    edited July 2012
    Yes. Basically asking you to exchange 1-2 weeks worth of work (50k CXP), for 10-20 mins worth of work (50 Flt Mks).

Exactly. It's been said that upgrading a starbase to Tier 5 is going to take at least several months. I don't know about anyone else, but the prospect of grinding the same few missions day after day for the next several months sounds very unappealing to me.

Hopefully, they'll either put the Commendation XP to Fleet Mark exchange rate lower than 1000:1 or at least give us more opportunities to obtain them through missions, STFs, PVP, or more events.
  • thepleasuredomethepleasuredome Member Posts: 308
    edited July 2012
    Exactly. Fleet marks should be given for pvp...more for winning, less for loosing.

Arawn - SOB
    OP *is* the new balance whether you know it or not! Gecko says so.
    Season 6 - Wallets Under Siege now online! U buy nao!
    Arawn & Ihasa
    OP *is* the new balance, whether you know it or not! Gecko says so.
    Season 7 - Exodus, available online. U buy nao!
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/738221-monetizing-perfect-world-s-latest-update
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Marks for PvP - Yes

Marks for STFs - Given people are grinding Marks now, nobody has time for STFs, and many of us still have yet to get a single Mk12 set. And many people still have long ways to go in reaching those absured 300 STF runs for those accolades.

DOFF missions for Marks - Heard they are in the works, but expecting them to be unrewarding since they obviously want us to grind.

Yeah, when I heard that in the accolade channel, we were all like :eek:.

Yeah 30 Marks for months of work, not an even deal.
  • yggdrayurilyggdrayuril Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I imagine the "low" gain of Fleet Marks is intentional. After all, they want the Starbases to be major undertakings, and the idea is probably only very large Fleets will get them - they probably don't intend for small (or one-person) fleets to get quite that high.

While you might think getting, for example, 10 marks in 15 minutes is good if you consider if you had say, 30 people online in your Fleet doing that, you made 300 marks for your Fleet and that's enough for a T0 project right there.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I imagine the "low" gain of Fleet Marks is intentional. After all, they want the Starbases to be major undertakings, and the idea is probably only very large Fleets will get them - they probably don't intend for small (or one-person) fleets to get quite that high.

While you might think getting, for example, 10 marks in 15 minutes is good if you consider if you had say, 30 people online in your Fleet doing that, you made 300 marks for your Fleet and that's enough for a T0 project right there.

Well you can easily get 1000 marks with Nukara.

But yeah, this system is not made for small fleets at all. My own fleets is stopping at Tier 1. We might try Tier 2, maybe 3 at best. But not 4 or 5. We just don't have the time or the resources to do that kind of grinding.
  • dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Honestly, I think there should be a vendor on every starbase (regardless of tier) that sells everything needed for starbases for fleet marks.

This would make FMs universally and continuously useful and handily avoid the hangup of not being able to find that annoyingly rare widget needed to start a project.

With the time gates on earning FMs, this wouldn't even speed up the projects very much.
  • praghaspraghas Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I would like a more solo-friendly way of getting them. I don't always like to group, not always in the mood, and not always on a computer than can support group play. I'd like a way to earn them that I can do solo all of the time, not just for two hours a day, two hours that I may or may not be online.
    Cloaking generators break down at first sign of language.
    edited July 2012
    It is easy to get Fleet Marks on Nukara during the Fleet Mark Event, but it would be great if they'd give us a way to get Fleet Marks without having to be online during this two hour window. I have a 9-5 job and a family, so it can be hard to schedule my online time with that window.

kimmera wrote: »
    They are much more likely to start off conservative. If they are too generous, then it would be really hard for them to scale it back again without much louder complaining.

Well said. Let's see how the next few weeks play out and see what they change. Fingers crossed it works out for everyone.
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Anything team played should give me fleet marks, if played with a member of my fleet. These grind missions are some of the worst content of the game and the rewards are quite inconsistent.

I want to earn fleet marks playing with my fleet, when playing some of the best content of the game, whether it's FEs or Foundry or great episodes.

Cryptic has given us a reason to team to play lackluster content, with no real incentive to team to play the good stuff. It's dumb.

These 5 man missions are trash, and I have to be in a mood for brainless button mashing to enjoy them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captpeacemakercaptpeacemaker Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    My fleet is finding very little reason to do anything else except continuously grind the same 5 or so PvE missions that give Fleet Marks, so that we can progress through the starbase fleet assignments.

Spending time running any other mission right now is a waste of time.

We should get fleet marks for any mission we run, along side XP and the others.

At least give us some conversion method of BO Skill Pts to Fleet Marks... geez I have like 10 million BO XP points just sitting there wasting away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Thowchum
    Legendary Starfleet Captain
    Fleet Leader, The Abductors
    STO Forum Member since December 2010
    Welcome to Star Trek Online, where our motto is 'Peace through Superior Firepower.'
  • tesseracttoxxtesseracttoxx Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I don't like having to grind the same missions hundreds of times. It would be cool if the regular episode missions gave 5 fleet marks or so on completion. It would encourage more people to play and replay the episodic content.