test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where are the TNG Season 1 pants?

stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
The TNG season 1 pants had color piping at the bottom :

Example: http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j22/zipkirk1966/fullbody.jpg

We don't have this option so we can't make an authentic TNG Season 1 uniform using the new top we just got access to.
Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
Post edited by stararmy on

Comments

• eagledracoeagledraco Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I don't know why Cryptic cuts corners and doesn't release matching pants and shoes with each uniform top sometimes.

Guess they think existing pant options are good enough and they move on to the next costume to create. Or maybe since the Season-1 Top is free they couldnt justify the cost of matching pants for free also.
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    And the Skant!
  • stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It might just be an oversight, since most pictures of the characters don't focus on the pants.

On a related note, I would love it if they would also finally fix the TWOK uniforms to be screen accurate with appropriate rank choices.

I sent a tweet to Brandon so hopefully he'll look at this thread and pass this on to the devs.

I imagine the existing TNG split bottom pants could be modified to TNG season 1 pants without too much dev time since they'd just have to add the color piping.
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • aldo1rainealdo1raine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    For the love of pete, chill out. If there was a list of things screwed up in this game "the wrong pants" is not important.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nerf Klinks, Buff Rommies
  • beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The TNG-S1 pants have always been missing. (I had the TNG uniforms via a collectors edition). I was disappointed that they don't have the "onesie" for female characters.
    This is the TNG Season 1 pants thread. If you want to moan about PVP, please use a PVP thread.

As for skants, that would be awesome.

I had kind of thought the TNG Season 1 uniform, TNG dress uniforms (non movie ones), and the skants would show up in the fabled Galaxy pack with a TNG replica interior. But I'm happy even for bits and pieces.

But without the TNG season 1 pants, we can't make a TNG season 1 uniform yet. :/
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So. Please tell me how to read this thread any other way than ... The Devs give you a free thing, THINGS actually. A new uniform top, a sash, a hairstyle and a Title. All free just for talking to an NPC in game.

Your response to getting this free stuff is , "You didn't give us enough ! We want Season one Next Gen Pants Too !!!"

This thread is ridiculous. The words "Ungrateful" and "Entitled" come to mind when I look at this thread.

Are you the sort of people who when you got an X Wing Toy as a gift when you were a kid sat and said "But BUT !!! You didn't get me Luke Skywalkwer to fly it !!!"

Because that is exactly the kind of ungrateful you are all sounding right now.

For my part , I will simply say

"HEY !!! Thanks Devs, for giving me something for FREE !!"
  • sierrafortunesierrafortune Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    hippiejon wrote: »
    So. Please tell me how to read this thread any other way than ... The Devs give you a free thing, THINGS actually. A new uniform top, a sash, a hairstyle and a Title. All free just for talking to an NPC in game.

Your response to getting this free stuff is , "You didn't give us enough ! We want Season one Next Gen Pants Too !!!"

This thread is ridiculous. The words "Ungrateful" and "Entitled" come to mind when I look at this thread.

Are you the sort of people who when you got an X Wing Toy as a gift when you were a kid sat and said "But BUT !!! You didn't get me Luke Skywalkwer to fly it !!!"

Because that is exactly the kind of ungrateful you are all sounding right now.

For my part , I will simply say

"HEY !!! Thanks Devs, for giving me something for FREE !!"

This is why we can't have nice things.

I would like the pants/skant, but that it was a free giveaway I'm not complaining any. Maybe they'll do a C-Store version that has more detail with a TNG Pack.
  • lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited July 2012
    The pants will be part of the 30th yeah anniversary of TNG.
  • stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm afraid if we don't get the matching pants in game within the next couple weeks, they'll be forgotten and never make it into the game. Cryptic tends not to go back and fix older items due to time constraints so it's probably now or never.
  • beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    hippiejon wrote: »

You seem to be reading it as "ZOMG NO PANTS I WILL RAGEQUIT AND UNINSTALL."

When it could merely be a request for pants that would complete the uniform. Pants that have been missing since the inclusion of the TNG uniforms in the CE box.

I'm sorry if a simple "it would be nice if we had pants" strikes you as furry-grade BAWWWING. Personally I find your reaction to the thread more disproportionate than a request for pants, but to each his own.
    I was really hoping the TNG vice admiral C-store update would include the corrected pants for the TNG season 1 uniform, but it didn't.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The DS9 Admiral pants give more of a "onsie" look but there's no uniform with correct color piping on the pant cuffs.
  • aethon3050aethon3050 Member Posts: 599 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Solomon Grundy want pants too!
  • novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Shouldn't it be relatively simple to modify the Season 1 Admiral pants into Season 1 pants since they have the piping? ...It's probably hellishly complicated or something, isn't it.
  • cormorancormoran Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Make sure the devs know about it. Especially since they're on the cstore now.

I remember when the TOS clothes were first out they cut corners on the female version so we ended up with just the male shirt and a generic skirt. They eventually fixed it, giving us the proper one piece version, but only because we let them know that what they provided wasn't good enough.

The way they've done the female TOS uniform shows us that they can make the TNG onesy uniform with properly matching top and pant options.
  • infammableinfammable Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yup, first thing I thought when I saw this thread was TNG S1 Admiral pants with piping.
    aethon3050 wrote: »
    Solomon Grundy want pants too!
    OMFG, FTW!
    Because it's the sound that steel shod boots make on the deck plating of a real warship. As opposed [to] the cushy carpeting on the Federation luxury liners.
    Archived post on the origin of the word "Klink"
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i'll give this thread my +1

there are no matching pants and the Admiral Pants only lack the color options (why limit colors anywhere anyway?!)

also PLEASE fix the TNG Badges... damn clipping makes them unusable
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    zerobang wrote: »
    i'll give this thread my +1

there are no matching pants and the Admiral Pants only lack the color options (why limit colors anywhere anyway?!)

also PLEASE fix the TNG Badges... damn clipping makes them unusable

Are you by chance playing a female with the breast slider at more than 75%?

Because the likelier fix I'd see there is to restrict the breast slider. It looks bizarre at above 75% in most outfits anyway.
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Are you by chance playing a female with the breast slider at more than 75%?

Because the likelier fix I'd see there is to restrict the breast slider. It looks bizarre at above 75% in most outfits anyway.

Yes and No.

Yes i am also talking about the Problem that the female Breast Slider has.

But the Badge also clips badly with male Characters as soon as you do any of the various Stances, like Aim or Crouch, with or without Weapon Holstered.

Usually people just don't notice it because here you have to turn your camera around and the arms are blocking the view a bit... (and usually you focus your eyes on the weapon in hand).

No NOT a high priority issue, but one that is around for 2 years now, how low priority can it get to not get fixed at all?
    Also if they want to sell these new TNG Uniforms they should better make sure that those Badges that belong to the new shiny C-Store item are working properly.

Not being able to max out your females toons breast slider surely is for some nerds a buy or no buy decision maker.

The joke here is that the Alternate Future Badge is working flawlessly, with all of the above, just because it is placed like 10 pixels higher on the Body, just copy & paste those 3D coordinates and the problem would likely be solved.
    If you know where to look this can't take more than 10 minutes, including Q&A.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]