test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

End game bops??

jofjayjofjay Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Klingon Discussion
So I finally crossed over to the KDF and I am loving my Hegh'ta heavy!! I have some zen to burn but where is my tier 5 ship? The B'rel just seems gimmicky to me and I don't see it as an upgrade. Anybody have any ideas or know if maybe there's a refit coming anytime soon?
Post edited by jofjay on

Comments

• Options
    hawks3052hawks3052 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If you can get it try a fleet retrofit. Otherway KDF will get not much in the near future. Every goody goes to the Federation these days.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Yeah looks like I can get another console slot out of a fleet bop, better than nothing I guess
  • Options
    thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Here!

Home Movies of a BOP that thinks its an end game Marmot! I mean ship! I mean get some popcorn and watch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4YuCfIESZE&feature=plcp
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I started out as a Hegta user myself, then decided to go with the B'rel. At first I also thought it was a little gimicky, but once I built it right (all torps no energy weapons) I found I like it much better then my Hegta since I stay cloaked and fire. Getting used to killing someone with only projectiles may seem difficult at first but gets easy with practice.

Check this excellent thread out before you decide against giving the B'rel a try. Also keep in mind it was buffed a little with season 6 too.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=258010
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The way I figure it, the main reason to get the B'rel retrofit is to get the enhanced battlecloak, which allows you to use skills and torpedoes while cloaked. This is useful if you don't mind killing enemies with torp spam and focusing on assisting your allies instead of strafing the TRIBBLE out of the enemy.

If you're gonna stick with burst damage setups and otherwise conventional hit-and-run tactics, the enhanced cloak is. . .useful, but not worth the 2k Zen in my personal opinion. Then again, I haven't tried it, so I'm just speculating from what I see via the stats and whatnot. It doesn't have an extra tac console slot, no extra BO skill slots, 3k less hull and 200 more shield points, and a slightly better turn rate. Unless you're gonna use the advantages of the enhanced cloak religiously, it's not worth it.
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
  • Options
    travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jofjay wrote: »
    Yeah looks like I can get another console slot out of a fleet bop, better than nothing I guess

Well, consider this. You'll likely be paying 2k zen along with the fleet credit that you grinded for. . .for a console slot and a few extra hullpoints. That ship seems identical to the stats of the Hegh'ta in almost every other way. The Ning'tao gives you an extra BO skillslot, but at the cost of 8k hullpoints, which spells the difference between surviving a hit to the hull or dying from it. 16k hullpoints on a 'Tier 5' ship scares me. . .it just does. The dang Hegh'ta is flimsy enough as it is, at least from my perspective.

I say just save your money and dilithium until Cryptic/PWE decides to stop jerking BoP captains around with this garbage.
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    marc8219 wrote: »
    I started out as a Hegta user myself, then decided to go with the B'rel. At first I also thought it was a little gimicky, but once I built it right (all torps no energy weapons) I found I like it much better then my Hegta since I stay cloaked and fire. Getting used to killing someone with only projectiles may seem difficult at first but gets easy with practice.

Check this excellent thread out before you decide against giving the B'rel a try. Also keep in mind it was buffed a little with season 6 too.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=258010

I just don't think a torp boat is my play style, maybe I'd think different if I pvp'd more but it's hard to do from the que/kerrat is usually empty when i show up and i'm not in a fleet right now just running stf's mostly.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Well, consider this. You'll likely be paying 2k zen along with the fleet credit that you grinded for. . .for a console slot and a few extra hullpoints. That ship seems identical to the stats of the Hegh'ta in almost every other way. The Ning'tao gives you an extra BO skillslot, but at the cost of 8k hullpoints, which spells the difference between surviving a hit to the hull or dying from it. 16k hullpoints on a 'Tier 5' ship scares me. . .it just does. The dang Hegh'ta is flimsy enough as it is, at least from my perspective.

I say just save your money and dilithium until Cryptic/PWE decides to stop jerking BoP captains around with this garbage.

For now I will probably just save like you say, might come in handy when we're all Federation!! Haven't been here very long but it all seems a little biased to me I dunno.