test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Even More Good News For Us Marvel Fans

nyiadnyiad Member Posts: 220 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Ten Forward
Recently released info on the already knows films and now two more have been added ot the list. The years 2013-2014 so far will be great years to go to the movies!

http://marvel.com/news/story/19067/sdcc_2012_guardians_ant-man_films_on_the_way
  1. Thor: The Dark World
  2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  3. Iron Man 3
  4. Guardians of the Galaxy
  5. Ant-Man
Post edited by nyiad on

Comments

• davidjay1972davidjay1972 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I can see a Guardians of the Galaxy movie, but Ant-Man? Really? He was one of the original five Avengers and didn't make the cut for that movie. Which Ant-Man they gonna do, Hank Pym or Scott Lang?
    =/\= Vice Adm Sulak =/\=
    USS Mustang
    NX-93134-D
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ant-man? Ant-man?! Uuuh.... I guess we can look forward to upskirt shots.... Ant-man? Really? Ant-man?!
  • sierrafortunesierrafortune Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Where's the love for Aquaman Fans? :P
  • xenor002xenor002 Member Posts: 424
    edited July 2012
    Where's the love for Aquaman Fans? :P

Wrong franchise friend.

But I'd imagine the Pym Ant Man.

Now some very BAD NEWS:

For those who are a fan of the Marvel U(niverse) comics.... 9 titles will be cancelled in October for the "not reboot" reboot of that universe for the most part. This universe is the original that has been around for a long time but takes place right after Avengers vs X-Men occurs. Pretty much starting "new" after this event ends.

These titles so far include:
    Fantastic Four
    FF
    Captain America
    Mighty Thor
    Invincible Iron Man
    Incredible Hulk
    New Mutants
    Uncanny X-Men
    X-Men Legacy

Apaprently Uncanny Avengers will be taking over all of these titles. For me personally Mighty Thor, Invincible Iron Man, New Mutants, and Incredible Hulk will hit me hard...I loved those.

Apparently Avengers Academy might be ending very soon, but again for me personally I could care less..after the Fear Itself event that comic series went downhill fast and I pretty much hate all the characters involved.

But none the less it is sad to see some long-lasting series getting the can for a stupid cover-up reboot.

http://fans.marvel.com/go/thread/view/108222/29228029/Its_Cancellation_Time_!!!

This new direction Marvel is taking, called Marvel NOW has shaken up fans in a negative way already. Some are "ok" while others have been voicing many many concerns which have some merit. Info on Marvel NOW here: http://marvel.com/news/story/19038/who_will_shape_the_future_of_marvel_now

To sum that up: Avengers vs X-Men changes the world dramatically, and new enemies have emerged as well. Some people have redeemed themselves, others have doomed themselves..and some who have fallen literally are back in questionable ways. But mainly this is trying to merge the Ultimate Universe / Movies into the original Marvel Universe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
    I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
    Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Damn I thought most Star Trek fans were too smart to be mindless comic book movie zombies.

Marvel comics were fun when I was 12 years old, they don't turn out to be great movies that do the comics any justice, nor are they for adults.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    DC/Warner did try a live action "Teen" Aquaman series a few years back. To be honest the pilot wasn't the worst thing i've ever seen but I think they were hoping for another Smallville.. funnily enough Arthur was played by Justin Hartley who went on to be Oliver Queen/Green Arrow on Smallville for 5 years.

xenor - you should know by now - nothing stays dead in comics. I expect a bit of hype then the classic series will be rebooted as issue #1 - given Cap and Thor and Iron man movies this is tantamount to shooting themselves in the foot. They never learn.
    edited July 2012
    marc8219 wrote: »
    Damn I thought most Star Trek fans were too smart to be mindless comic book movie zombies.

Marvel comics were fun when I was 12 years old, they don't turn out to be great movies that do the comics any justice, nor are they for adults.

Good sir, are you here to simply...."Ferengi?"

Dec '07 Account
    I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I can see a Guardians of the Galaxy movie, but Ant-Man? Really? He was one of the original five Avengers and didn't make the cut for that movie. Which Ant-Man they gonna do, Hank Pym or Scott Lang?

Both Pym and Lang from the last update on the script. According to those writing the film, the reason he didn't feature in The Avengers film was down to them still working on the script. Ant-Man has been delayed quite a few times due to other commitments with those involved in it.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
    edited July 2012
    amosov78 wrote: »
    Both Pym and Lang from the last update on the script. According to those writing the film, the reason he didn't feature in The Avengers film was down to them still working on the script. Ant-Man has been delayed quite a few times due to other commitments with those involved in it.

I think we can all hope though that any of these movies don't turn into another Daredevil...though I think Marvel learned from that mistake and Disney will recognize what not to do haha.

Dec '07 Account
    edited July 2012
    The thing that's going to get me though is how CAptain America:Winter Soldier might end.

Dec '07 Account
  • darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ant-Man gets a movie? I'd rather see a Hawkeye movie myself.

Every time I think of Ant-Man I get reminded of classic SNL.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/superhero-party/2406

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
    edited July 2012
    That was, interesting.

Dec '07 Account