test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Freelance looking for a casual fleet

obsidiusrexobsidiusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Earth Spacedock
Let me preface this to set peoples' expectations:

I used to be a supergroup leader in another game, and it was almost a full-time job on top of my full-time job. I was part of a fleet om which I was a co-leader, but it has become mostly vacant.

I work full-time, I go to school part-time, and I'm a parent. And occasionally... I play STO (LT member).

So I'm looking to join up with a fleet. Needless to say I'm a casual player; I've never done an STF, and I prefer not to use TeamSpeak or voice chat. However, I will work for your fleet, because I want to be part of a fleet with a decent starbase. I won't mind putting loot towards a starbase if it's going to be beneficial to the fleet. I'll run fleet content when I come across it.

Let me know if you're interested in having me in your fleet. I know what I'm doing (not my first MMO, vet player, etc.), I just don't have a ton of time to dedicate to a ton of gameplay, but I can at least put towards a good starbase while earning some Fleet Marks on the side.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.
Post edited by obsidiusrex on

Comments

• troubiltroubil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

I used to be a supergroup leader in another game, and it was almost a full-time job on top of my full-time job. I was part of a fleet om which I was a co-leader, but it has become mostly vacant.

I work full-time, I go to school part-time, and I'm a parent. And occasionally... I play STO (LT member).

So I'm looking to join up with a fleet. Needless to say I'm a casual player; I've never done an STF, and I prefer not to use TeamSpeak or voice chat. However, I will work for your fleet, because I want to be part of a fleet with a decent starbase. I won't mind putting loot towards a starbase if it's going to be beneficial to the fleet. I'll run fleet content when I come across it.

Let me know if you're interested in having me in your fleet. I know what I'm doing (not my first MMO, vet player, etc.), I just don't have a ton of time to dedicate to a ton of gameplay, but I can at least put towards a good starbase while earning some Fleet Marks on the side.

Hello obsidiusrex,

It's possible the Blacksheep might fit in with what you're looking for. Though we aren't a huge fleet, we do have a pretty active group of core players. Our starbase is making pretty good progress so far, and I've been very impressed with how much our members have been contributing towards it.

I understand you prefer not to use voice chat. We do not mandate that our members use voice chat, but we do have a Vent server available for those that do.

Also, no member is forced to participate in activities they don't enjoy. Prefer not to do STF's? Not a problem.

Some places you can get a little more info about us:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=302261
    http://fedblacksheep.enjin.com/

Or you can send an in-game message to @Troubl and I'd be happy to answer any questions. Take care!
    Member of the Blacksheep
    "Who's interfering? We're... taking over." :cool: -Captain James T. Kirk (A Piece of the Action)
  • davidtbradforddavidtbradford Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Hello obsidiusrex,

Caspian Division sounds like a good fit for you. Our fleet has a range of people that match your description, and we understand there is a thing such as real life. We are a fairly decent sized fleet with approximately 150+ members, and we have multiple ways of communication with our fleet (Vent, Website, Twitter, In Game Private Channel, etc). We are making tremendous progress with our Starbase, in all of our divisions (Caspian Division - Federation, Royal Marque - Federation, House of Caspian - Klingon)

Many of our members do not want to speak on vent and only use the chat window to communicate, but regardless it is not mandated that our members use voice chat. In the event you would like to be on Vent with us, we do have a Vent server available, and the information is on our website after you register.

Also, no member is forced to participate in activities they don't enjoy. Prefer not to do STF's? Not a problem.

Some places you can get a little more info about us:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=322161
    http://www.caspian-division.com/

Or you can send an in-game message to @David_T_Bradford and I'd be happy to answer any questions. Take care!
  • zeroniuszeronius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If you haven't found a fleet yet, 47th Recon Division maybe what you're looking for. We're a small fleet, 20 or so fairly active players. The only requirement I have for joining the fleet is that you be respectful of others. That said you free to do whatever it is that you find fun whenever your able to login. There are no mandatory events and fleet voice comms aren't used.

You can send me an in-game mail @darrendragon if your interested.
  • troubiltroubil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    <Looking at davidtbradford's post... then up to mine... then back to david's...> I wonder if I have a case for copyright infringement? :D :P
    Member of the Blacksheep
    "Who's interfering? We're... taking over." :cool: -Captain James T. Kirk (A Piece of the Action)
  • mikec1013mikec1013 Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hey,
    Another you might consider is 349th Assault Task Force. We are a fleet of casual players who are mostly around to assist others with missions and leveling. We have a team speak server, but I couldn't tell you what it is. I've never used it.
    If you're looking for somewhere to put your experience and commodities to good use, you might find us a good fit.
  • captspadecaptspade Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hey there obsidiusrex!

Foreign Skies might be the place for you. We are a very laid back casual fleet. We are small ATM (6 members) with people who are in the same place as you. We want to just build friendships and have fun playing games! :) We have NO applications, just ask and we will add you. All we ask of our members is to be nice and respectful to each other. We do have a forum and voice chat BUT it is not mandatory to use these, its just there if people wish to use them.

We are also planing on spreading out to other games like Blacklight: Retribution, Mechwarrior Online, World of Tanks. You won't have to play these mind you, they are just other free to play options just to enjoy our love of games with our friends!

If you are at all interested, feel free to PM me here, or send a mail in game to me (@Capt.Spade) and I can add you to the fleet. Or just PM me if you have any questions.

I hope you find the best fleet that fits you, good luck and I will see you among the stars! :D
  • dorusnonndorusnonn Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I won't say much! Our recruiting thread and sites will do the work for me ;) !

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=321711

Timelords are a relatively small and casual Fleet ... just what you need!

Regards,
    Adm. Dorus
    Being here since 2011 Spring
  • latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I invite you to check out the 44th. Casual, age 18+. We have teamspeak server available, but it's not absolutely required for members to use. Currently, we have a tier 1 starbase, and will have transwarp capability within the hour of the time of this post. Come see if we are a good fit.

startrek.44thfleet.com
    edited July 2012
    Nightmare Force would be glad to add you to our ranks. you can check us out at:

http://nightmareforce.shivtr.com/

Or contact us ingame:
    @cleomouri
    @ragev1rus
    @ironhead1022
  • obsidiusrexobsidiusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Thanks everyone, you've given me some options to consider! I'll probably make a decision in the next few days, so if any other fleets want to speak up, please let me know. Thanks :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
    And remember to follow the rules.