rawskilzrawskilz Member Posts: 12 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Federation Discussion
OK so noob type question, how to check your ship's dps? :D
Post edited by rawskilz on

Comments

• Options
    dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You play with one hand, and write the numbers you see on paper with your second hand. Then after session, you take a hand calculator and use your math knowledge to get the numbers.
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • Options
    defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This is a program that will track combat in STO and other games as well. You will need to download the program as well as the STO plugin.

Thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showt ... p?t=274327
    Program: http://advancedcombattracker.com
    Plugin: http://denkbassin.de/sto/ACT.html

To use it, install program and plugin and go to STO and enter /CombatLog 1 in the chat window to activate logging, and /CombatLog 0 to turn off logging.

This will parse all space combat, don't know about ground, haven't tested as I don't do ground yet. Each 'encounter' within a mission is tracked so if you're in Khitomer, the initial cube would be the first encounter.

You will also need to install MySQL DB.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
  • Options
    skhcskhc Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If you need to know what your actual damage output in any given mission is, accounting for range, crits, energy drain what abilities you had active and when etc. you'll need to get a combat parser as defcon posted above.

If you just want to change a weapon/console/power levels etc. and want to see what it changed: Go into a system map (ie. Earth Orbit, outside DS9 etc) before you make the change, run your mouse over your weapon on the HUD and note the DPS. Then swap the weapon, console or whatever and note the DPS. It'll also show you what your theoretical DPS on each weapon will be if you activate your buffs (I say theoretical, because it doesn't account for crits, enemy resistances, energy drain etc. So your actual DPS will be different). This doesn't work in sector space.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    skhc wrote: »
    If you need to know what your actual damage output in any given mission is, accounting for range, crits, energy drain what abilities you had active and when etc. you'll need to get a combat parser as defcon posted above.

I tend to over-do evrything :O

Also, you can use a second monitor to display the tracker live for a mission also to see how certain combat techniques work as they unfold and how you are performing compared to others.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
  • Options
    skhcskhc Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    defcon1776 wrote: »
    I tend to over-do evrything :O

Lol. Didn't mean that as a criticism, was just saying you will need a parser (or edetic memory to memorise the numbers flying out) for actual damage output.

My method just gives you a theoretical number.
  • Options
    uxvorastrixuxvorastrix Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Just keep in mind that DPS drops for every second you aren't actually damaging something. Too many players think they've got the greatest ship build every with the highest DPS ever, but spend 1/2 their time out of the fight trying to repair their one-sided builds not realizing that this effectively cuts their DPS in half over the course of the entire fight.
    D&D DM/Player since 1982 - all versions except the despised 4e
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    skhc wrote: »
    Lol. Didn't mean that as a criticism

Never even crossed my mind. :cool: