test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

More Shuttle Weapons in store?

lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
Given that we now have shuttle/fighter craft that come with Tetryon Beam Arrays, Tetryon Turrets, and/or Quantum Torpedoes-S, what are the prospects of seeing such weapons available either in the Dilithium Store or as mission rewards?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The Vault is the best mission for Shuttle weapons.
  • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The Vault awards Phaser and Disruptor weapons, but I was speaking about the "new" Quantum Torpedo-S and Tetryon Turret-S available with the Catian Stalker fighter and the Tetryon Beam Array-S available with the Tholian Widow fighter. I would love to be able to purchase or earn these weapons separately from the fighters that they currently come bundled with, even if I have to pay 20k Dilithium for them.
  • lyanaarlyanaar Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hi,

is there a difference between a Type S Tetryon turret and a normal one? I can equip rare/very rare MK XII turrets/torps/whatever on my fighters. oh btw...serious question (no sarcasm, irony intended)

cheers
  • wildmousexwildmousex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Just slightly off topic - Delta Flyer + Borg set = funny stuff right there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Me playing UT2k4 (red guy) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz0DnP7wXnU
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It would be nice if we had a varitey of shuttle-only weapons.

But it just occurred to me, basically they are just sticking an S on an already existing item and calling it new. Really be nice if there was an actual difference between shuttle and starship equipment. Like shuttle weapons being far weaker than their shipboard counterparts. (Of course for us there be no difference, except probably a starship not being easily damaged as it currently is now).
  • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    At present, the main differences are that Shuttle weapons scale with the player's level, and Shuttle Beam Arrays have a 360 degree field of fire instead of 250 degrees (to make up for the lack of an aft weapon slot).

Given this, I would definitely like to see the Tetryon Beam Array-S available for purchase (and perhaps also Antiproton Beam Array-S as well). We already have Phaser, Disruptor, Plasma, and Polaron versions after all.

As far as distinguishing Shuttle weapons from Starship weapons in the future, perhaps they could have a higher rate of fire (resulting in more proc chances), but moderately lower DPS.