test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tholian Lock Box Available

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited September 2012 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Read more about the new Tholian Lock Box in Season 6 Dev Blog #13 and in the new FAQ. Also, purchase a Master Key from the C-Store today to unlock one and claim its contents.

Link to the news article.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Help me help you guys TAKE my money. Fix the exchange already so I can buy those Tholian boxes. The exchanged hasn't worked for the vast majority of players since Season 6. That means, the few people that do manage to post and have their items viewed on the exchange, are charging a fortune for everything.

Yeah, people can post and browse, but the problem is that once you post something, 99% of the time your item won't be viewed by others when they browse the exchange That's why the prices of all items are ridiculous right now.

Fix the exchange so you can TAKE MY MONEY!

EDIT: Apparently it's only if you search for "All" that the Exchange is broken. If I search for "Contraband" in all, only a few highly priced ones will show up, but if I select the "Commodities" option then search for "Contraband", it'll show all available items. It's annoying not being able to search ALL, but instead having to go to each category, but it's a workaround until it gets fixed.
  • Options
    xenor002xenor002 Member Posts: 424
    edited July 2012
    Can we get the Exchange and Foundry fixed please? :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
    I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
    Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I got 3 in 1 mission-these baby's spawn faster than the green ones. If it wasn't for the 'chance' to get something nice I might buy a couple keys. Guarantee me a console and you'll get a customer.

Anyone know the payout percentage on the consoles ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sooo the FAQ doesnt tell us when this lock box finishes can someone please tell me when they will end?
  • Options
    soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The new Phased Tetryon Dual Heavy Cannons can NOT be equipped on the Armitage. The Armitage is capable of equipping any other DHC in the game, even the description of the ship itself says it can equip Cannons.

Please fix the new Phased weapons so they can be equipped on the Armitage.
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Nice to see all that feedback on lockboxes was listened to again... So many issues to fix and you give us more TRIBBLE, thats all a lockbox is. Time to get your priorities sorted and get this game back on track instead of money grubbing...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,799 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I did a brief investigation of the Lobi store, to see if the money and time I would invest would pay off.

Sadly, my investigation did not go every well!

The first item I purchase is the weapon.

And the first time I did so, it wasn't a great deal of lobi, I had it within 4-5 boxes.

But this time, the price is not acceptable!

15 for the Ferengi Whip, 50 for the Tholian Sword!
    That's over 3 times as much!

I was also considering getting the Tholian Silk Scarf, but the price is 100.

That was when I snapped the Lobi vendor's spine in half, then left the mess for someone else to clean up.

If you're so interested in making money, why not sell us the Lobi crystals direct?

This random loot stuff got old fast long before the lockboxes came out and introducing it as paid content isn't going to make me any more interested in STO.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    tilarta wrote: »
    I did a brief investigation of the Lobi store, ...

Did you take into account that you get -at a minimum- 4 lobi in these boxes compared to just 1 in the Ferengi boxes?
  • Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2012
    I called it!

Although I had a moment of doubt when Cryptic announced that there wasn't going to be a Tholian Lock Box. But I'm glad to see they were lying through their teeth.
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    Nice to see all that feedback on lockboxes was listened to again... So many issues to fix and you give us more TRIBBLE, thats all a lockbox is. Time to get your priorities sorted and get this game back on track instead of money grubbing...
    Does PWE's ordering Cryptic to do this mean nothing to you? PWE is the one who wants the money that badly after all.

Cryptic did learn a lot, but they can only do so much with orders. What they did with this version is give more good rewards, and less junk. It's not much of an improvement, but it's an improvement nonetheless.

And may I remind you, the ones who make lockboxes and those who fix issues in code are not the same people...
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    corbormitecorbormite Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The opening post in this thread says

"Read more about the new Tholian Lock Box in Season 6 Dev Blog #13 and in the new FAQ. Also, purchase a Master Key from the C-Store today to unlock one and claim its contents."

I did, looked pretty cool so I spent the 125 zen (I'd bought with hard earned dilithium) on a key and whoopee I received a standard duty officer pack and 4 lobi crystals.

What's the point? Seriously disappointed. I have too many duty officers already and I can get them for nothing pretty easily.

I wasn't expecting the best stuff, I know it's a chance, but at least something I can't get without any effort already would have been nice!

Why mix rubbish in with the good stuff listed?

Honestly, I'd been in 2 minds whether or not to become a paying player. This nonsense has made my mind up for me.

CorborMite
  • Options
    logandarklighterlogandarklighter Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    trek21 wrote: »
    Does PWE's ordering Cryptic to do this mean nothing to you? PWE is the one who wants the money that badly after all.

Cryptic did learn a lot, but they can only do so much with orders. What they did with this version is give more good rewards, and less junk. It's not much of an improvement, but it's an improvement nonetheless.

And may I remind you, the ones who make lockboxes and those who fix issues in code are not the same people...

Well why don't we just cut to the chase and never refer to Cryptic ever again? I'm dead serious - not being facetious.

"There is no Cryptic, only Zu... er... PWE!"

And yeah - Prioritizing more lockbox TRIBBLE over fixing the foundry and exchange?

(SARC) SHOCK!!! WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT WOULD HAPPEN!! (/SARC)

I'm not a paying customer since January and that's not going to change for the foreseeable future. And nothing surprises me when it comes to PWE anymore. There's no lowest level they won't sink to.

Who'd have EVER thought I'd be missing Atari! :mad:
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    nynik wrote: »
    Did you take into account that you get -at a minimum- 4 lobi in these boxes compared to just 1 in the Ferengi boxes?

Yes, I did take that into account.

On average, the Ferengi lockboxes yielded around 3-4 crystals each.

So nothing changes and my statement stands.

Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I agree they are way too stingy with their rewards.

As for comparing 4 lobi to 1, didn't they say that was a mistake? Or was that just spin.

I certainly hope all this lockbox money is going to put some more servers in to releave the bottlenecks at ESD and DS9.
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    illcadia wrote: »
    I called it!

Although I had a moment of doubt when Cryptic announced that there wasn't going to be a Tholian Lock Box. But I'm glad to see they were lying through their teeth.

I never saw this. Can you post a link, please?
  • Options
    strifey79strifey79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Too bad that these boxes drop though, cause there are still people out there that can't afford one penny at these kind of games. I wonder when PWE starts taking in account that not EVERYBODY can pay for the item mall even though you can trade Dilithium for Zen, it's ridiciously expensive not to mention that this way it's more of a Pay 2 Win then Free to Play :) This is my opinion though.
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well why don't we just cut to the chase and never refer to Cryptic ever again? I'm dead serious - not being facetious.

"There is no Cryptic, only Zu... er... PWE!"

And yeah - Prioritizing more lockbox TRIBBLE over fixing the foundry and exchange?

(SARC) SHOCK!!! WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT WOULD HAPPEN!! (/SARC)

I'm not a paying customer since January and that's not going to change for the foreseeable future. And nothing surprises me when it comes to PWE anymore. There's no lowest level they won't sink to.

Who'd have EVER thought I'd be missing Atari! :mad:
    My point is, people are targeting Cryptic for any and all issues, with a high level of misblaming.

The issue here is many are knee-jerk blaming Cryptic for a lot of their issues... with little-to-no consideration/thought that PWE is behind some of them.

I'm simply trying to help shift some of that blame onto PWE, because they are responible for some of the issues. And that way, Cryptic doesn't get as much needless/inaccurate blaming.

It's not much help, but it's better than nothing.
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    thoroonthoroon Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's quite simple: Companies make money, and they do it the way everyone does it:
    With as few as possible invested generate as much as you can.

So, if you don't like Boxes, don't buy keys, don't be dissappointed.
    Or jump on the waggon:
    Keys raised in price on the exchange within 2 hours from 1.2mio over 2mio each.
    Boxes (bought for 200 Dilithium each) sold for 250K each after patch, 2 hours later still 120K each.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    strifey79strifey79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hmm around 120k each isn't too bad :) What is the EC Cap for none payers btw?!?
  • Options
    thoroonthoroon Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    10mio for silver, 1 billion EC for Gold (cap for silver can be raised via Z-store option).

Current prices:
    Keys - 1.7 Mio each
    Boxes - 43K each

Still best buck per dilithium atm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    karmapointkarmapoint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ok, I can't lie...

The rewards of the Tholian box looks better, with ships, with all shine stuff and everything. I opened two or three and find some nice items

But the Lobi store can be better. I have enough lobi cristals to buy something better, but I can't because all Lobi are around with six or seven toons. If you place this worse toon-bounded lobi cristal in each box, is better to replace with fleet marks. At least, we have a better use.
    Brasilis Elite Squad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?
  • Options
    zishir2012zishir2012 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Shame on you!

Lock Boxes ...? If i knew that as i started my Lifetimeaccount Aeons ago i wouldnt have started to play the game.

Now i sell my account, **** you PW and everybody working for you criminal TRIBBLE!
  • Options
    grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    tilarta wrote: »
    I did a brief investigation of the Lobi store, to see if the money and time I would invest would pay off.

Sadly, my investigation did not go every well!

The first item I purchase is the weapon.

And the first time I did so, it wasn't a great deal of lobi, I had it within 4-5 boxes.

But this time, the price is not acceptable!

I was also considering getting the Tholian Silk Scarf, but the price is 100.

That was when I snapped the Lobi vendor's spine in half, then left the mess for someone else to clean up.

If you're so interested in making money, why not sell us the Lobi crystals direct?

This random loot stuff got old fast long before the lockboxes came out and introducing it as paid content isn't going to make me any more interested in STO.
    the fact that you were even considering purchasing a Scarf for zen is somewhat VERY worrying ( and yes it is zen cause you are paying that to get the lobi.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Well, they're not going to do it, but a 1:1 ratio would be acceptable.

1 zen=1 lobi.

Would make acquiring those items a lot more practical then buying keys and opening box after box.

• Options
    falty1979falty1979 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    zishir2012 wrote: »
    Shame on you!

Lock Boxes ...? If i knew that as i started my Lifetimeaccount Aeons ago i wouldnt have started to play the game.

Now i sell my account, **** you PW and everybody working for you criminal TRIBBLE!

GOLD and lock box dont work together. Thats right. People which pay montly feeds feel more worse.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    falty1979 wrote: »
    GOLD and lock box dont work together. Thats right. People which pay montly feeds feel more worse.

how can you feel more worse...it's just worse
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    falty1979falty1979 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    neoakiraii wrote: »

They have stoped to pay and have nothing.
  • Options
    chairmanmeowmixchairmanmeowmix Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    neoakiraii wrote: »

He just means that he feels much more badderer than before. :D
  • Options
    erocenerocen Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I understand the need to generate revenue for F2P, but lockboxes do not seem like the correct way to go. Instead of introducing gambling to this game in the form of these boxes, it would be preferable to introduce the items from lockboxes to the C-Store instead. PWE are turning Star Trek Online into a gambling simulator rather than an MMO. Someone at Cryptic really needs to feedback the negativity around lockboxes to PWE management otherwise the player base will shrink as we all become jaded by the lack of any meaningful content to the game.