test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Veteran skin not for Galaxy-X?

altexistaltexist Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Federation Discussion
So I just hit 900 days, so I went to get my new shinny for sticking around for so long. But what did I find? A big ?slap in the face? to Galaxy-X Captains. Because it seems that cryptic did not bother to add this perk for the Galaxy-X. NO SKIN FOR YOU!!!

Really? Needless to say I am a disappointed by this.
Post edited by altexist on

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    you mean the hull material? yeah it's buggy as heck from what I've heard.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    altexist wrote: »
    So I just hit 900 days, so I went to get my new shinny for sticking around for so long. But what did I find? A big ?slap in the face? to Galaxy-X Captains. Because it seems that cryptic did not bother to add this perk for the Galaxy-X. NO SKIN FOR YOU!!!

Really? Needless to say I am a disappointed by this.

When I first got the 900 day ... I put it on my Gal X ... Looks good.

When I tried to do another one today ... no dice.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The materials still bugged. Some days it goes on any and all Fed and KDF ships (excluding the allied and lockbox ships), and some days it doesn't.

So no slap in the face. Just a bug that needs fixing.
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    suricattasuricatta Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's not all that to be honest, on some ships, like the Defiant, you can barely even notice it.
  • Options
    januhulljanuhull Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ironically, the best looking ships with the 900 day skin are the Light Cruisers. You can't stick it on a Connie, but the Cent/Shi/Miranda takes it, and actually manages to look pretty good doing it.
  • Options
    lordtrekkielordtrekkie Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm hoping this gets fixed, I'd love to put this skin on the Gal-X.
  • Options
    sotaudisotaudi Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    you mean the hull material? yeah it's buggy as heck from what I've heard.
    trek21 wrote: »
    The materials still bugged. Some days it goes on any and all Fed and KDF ships (excluding the allied and lockbox ships), and some days it doesn't.

So no slap in the face. Just a bug that needs fixing.

There is another thread saying that the Type 6 material is not working on the Armitage, so the bug is likely related to the Veteran reward material being added, but it looks like it is affecting more than just this material.

I hit 900 days two days ago, and I went in to check the new material. I was specifically interested in how it looked on my Armitage, and I was specifically interested in comparing it to the Type 6 material. At that time, I had no problem with either material. I compared the new material to each type and specifically to the Type 6 several times before deciding on going with the Veteran material. I then added it to several of my other ships, including my Odyssey. Thus, at least at the time, it was working fine for me. I don't have the Gal-X, but someone above mentioned adding it to one.

As trek21 said, it is not a slap in the face. It is a bug. Even if it wasn't, I can't put it on my Atrox or my Stalker Stealth Fighter. I cannot put it on my Connie. People who own them cannot put it on their lock box ships. It is not like the Gal-X would have been being singled out if it didn't work, and, as stated, someone said they could put it on theirs.
  • Options
    altexistaltexist Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i was kidding baout the "slap in the face."

but i just checked. still not working..

I guess i got thrown under the bus..... kidding!
  • Options
    kbflordkruegkbflordkrueg Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hm, I got the skins last week and was able to put them on all my ships, including the one Fed I have with a GalaxyX...maybe the update bugged them too?
    Yeah, yeah, I know it's highly unlikely the S6 update would bug out things that weren't actually updated like that, right...? :rolleyes:
    Lord Krueg
    KBF CO
    We are the Dead
    join date Aug 2008