test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Screenshots using STO client

thedragon3456thedragon3456 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
long time reader, first time poster.
ok, i have the downloaded STO client. i dont know if that matters or not. but i've been trying to take a screenshot and i can't seem to find it in any of my files. in fact when i looked, there didnt seem to be any files at all. how do i find the screenshot files and how do i take a screenshot?
Post edited by thedragon3456 on

Comments

• matthian1701matthian1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    All you have to do is hit your PRINTSCREEN button and the game will take and save a screenshot.

The location, for me at least, is: C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\screenshots

Here's a screenie I just took :cool:

http://i.imgur.com/UoJwg.jpg
  • avitrekavitrek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Assuming you just installed it without changing the location, try here:

Program Files\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live

In that folder, SHOULD be a folder of Screenshots, assuming you have already taken some, of course.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Linkie on how to do them if you need something more detailed:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3956204#post3956204
  • thedragon3456thedragon3456 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    avitrek wrote: »
    Assuming you just installed it without changing the location, try here:

Program Files\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live

In that folder, SHOULD be a folder of Screenshots, assuming you have already taken some, of course.

yeah i looked for this file and i couldn't find it. :(
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If you installed the game via Steam the directory should be:

...Steam/steamapps/common/startrekonline/Star Trek Online/Live/screenshots (for screenshots taken on HOLODECK)

...Steam/steamapps/common/startrekonline/Star Trek Online/Playtest/screenshots (for screenshots taken on TRIBBLE)

...Steam/steamapps/common/startrekonline/Star Trek Online/Beta/screenshots (for screenshots taken on REDSHIRT)

Also for some reason some installs seem to default to taking screenshots in .tga format instead of .jpg

You may want to check your keybinds to make sure which setting it's on. Just /screenshot will take the screenshot in .tga format, and /screenshot_jpg will take the shot in .jpg. To manually assign your PrtScrn key to take .jpg format screenshots, enter this command:

/bind SysRq screenshot_jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • thedragon3456thedragon3456 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    All you have to do is hit your PRINTSCREEN button and the game will take and save a screenshot.

The location, for me at least, is: C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\screenshots

Here's a screenie I just took :cool:

http://i.imgur.com/UoJwg.jpg

Hey thanks for the help. i didnt have that folder so i had to make one. but it works great now. thanks again.
  • shar487ashar487a Member Posts: 1,292 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've been using Ctrl-PrintScreen to capture screens onto the clipboard, then pasting them in MS-Paint to edit / crop. :)

EDIT: Closed for necroing an old thread. Remember, if a thread has been inactive for 30 days, you should not post to it. Feel free to create a new thread on the subject if you would like to discuss further :) ~BranFlakes
This discussion has been closed.