test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

S6 - Diplomatic Orders - Undine Dreadnought

walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
Anyone else finding the Undine Dreadnought at the end of Diplomatic Orders to be a pain in the backside to kill? Its hull points seem to be normal but the shields are barely dented even after reinforcements arrive. It's like they're an order of magnitude too strong.

I'm playing on Advanced at lvl 4.
http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
Post edited by walshicus on

Comments

• diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's working as expected, it's a tough one, read the bridge officer dialogs. :)
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »
    It's working as expected, it's a tough one, read the bridge officer dialogs. :)

Well, it seems about ten times harder *now* than it did the last five times I ran the mission on previous characters. Have you ran it post-Season 6?

It's not a tough fight - the Dreadnought's DPS and hull is normal compared to what (I remember) it used to be. It's just the shield strength.
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    That's kinda working as intended. This is a high-level enemy, literally supposed to be 40 levels tougher than you are. You're in a Miranda (or should be), and the reinforcement ships are only at the ship level above you... all of which is many levels below the Dreadnought.

So I think it's sort of a challenge in the first place :) The only thing that's off is the weapon damage of the Dreadnought, because it should easily kill off one or two of us.
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm just not sure it is working as intended. I'm regularly running Elite STFs on my main character, but on this lieutenent grade mission I'm finding it hard to get the DPS needed to actually take down this ship.

If it's tough for me, what chance does a new player have?
  • nyiadnyiad Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Its shields have always been like that to what I recall...always remember the shields....man how that was annoying. Once a shield was down, *bam* it's screwed :P .
  • pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Even on the "normal" setting that dreadnought is a challenge to dent. Good luck.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have managed to get it down to 25% only in elite mode before the allied ships come in. It's the kind of challenges i enjoy. :D
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.