test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Damnit... I want to shoot this guy so bad.

mavairomavairo Member Posts: 579
edited July 2012 in PvP Gameplay
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=303411

DO NOT GIVE THEM IDEAS!

Yellowsnow pets.

Now we know they're coming.
Post edited by mavairo on

Comments

• dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    as long as they dont have sci skills or chronos. a pet that just deals damage is a refreshing change of pace. if they exist that means the likelihood of someone running actually dangerous pets like runabouts goes down.
  • mavairomavairo Member Posts: 579
    edited July 2012
    as long as they dont have sci skills or chronos. a pet that just deals damage is a refreshing change of pace. if they exist that means the likelihood of someone running actually dangerous pets like runabouts goes down.

I don't think you remember what makes a yellowsnow shuttle special.
    It carries a form of warp plasma.
  • matteo716maikaimatteo716maikai Member Posts: 823
    edited July 2012

the fighters are the "damage" dealers. that dude seemed to complain that his fighters die too quickly. so he wants damage dealing and longevity.

another pve'r wanting his cake and to **** it too.
  • webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    the fighters are the "damage" dealers. that dude seemed to complain that his fighters die too quickly. so he wants damage dealing and longevity.

Indeed. If he wants to fly that kind of a Carrier.. he should be pointed towards the Vor'quv and it's Bird of Prey pets. :rolleyes:

And I don't feel the fed side NEEDs another pet like that.. unless you can only aquire it IF you unlock the actual Shuttle first.. <.< Darn it.. that's a good Idea for Cryptic too isn't it? :(
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    webdeath wrote: »
    Indeed. If he wants to fly that kind of a Carrier.. he should be pointed towards the Vor'quv and it's Bird of Prey pets. :rolleyes:

And I don't feel the fed side NEEDs another pet like that.. unless you can only aquire it IF you unlock the actual Shuttle first.. <.< Darn it.. that's a good Idea for Cryptic too isn't it? :(

i did point out in that thread to think of the pvp, but was promptly told since pvp is being overhauled it doesnt matter.

-sighs-
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    mavairo wrote: »
    I don't think you remember what makes a yellowsnow shuttle special.
    It carries a form of warp plasma.

well im just amusing they would NEVER be CRAZY enough to give a pet WARPFREAKINGPLASMA. they wouldn't do that right?
  • naffoffpwenaffoffpwe Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    well im just amusing they would NEVER be CRAZY enough to give a pet WARPFREAKINGPLASMA. they wouldn't do that right?

No sane person would, so this being Cryptic, expect it before the end of summer :)
    The user formerly known as DogsBody.
    Here before PWE (and hopefully) here long after PWE is gone.

What this game needs is PvP, NOT PWE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    can anybody say for sure that the purple/ultraviolet pets don't have it already on tribble?
  • lintyuklintyuk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Maybe the pets, could have little detachable things, like their own pets, which in turn have little pets that break off with baby aceton assimilators.... with pets.

No Cappen, I doon't have the polygons
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Expected by no one since 2010
  • corsair114corsair114 Member Posts: 276
    edited July 2012
    I'm just waiting for Cryptic to release the Druid so I can polymorph into a bear which has a bear pet and can summon bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears and can root anything forever and heal the party.
  • gx4th23gx4th23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    mavairo wrote: »
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=303411

DO NOT GIVE THEM IDEAS!

Yellowsnow pets.

Now we know they're coming.

Wait Wait Wait....

So.... let's recap here...

Theta = green poo
    WP = blue poo
    New pets = yellow poo

OMG.... I can haz ship which generates poo of 3 different colors?

Mav, I'm gonna have to silence your campaign here. More poo, more colors, it's the American way!
    "No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." -Logimo
  • dunklestosisdunklestosis Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    lintyuk wrote: »
    Maybe the pets, could have little detachable things, like their own pets, which in turn have little pets that break off with baby aceton assimilators.... with pets.

Inception pets. Pets within pets within a pet. The Matryoshka class would be an appropriate name.
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    < hands Mav a fully charged Disruptor rifle>
    Go ahead, I know a Targ farmer.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • mavairomavairo Member Posts: 579
    edited July 2012
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    < hands Mav a fully charged Disruptor rifle>
    Go ahead, I know a Targ farmer.

Excellent.

I want to make a Safari out of this.
  • marctraiderzmarctraiderz Member Posts: 539 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    gx4th23 wrote: »
    Wait Wait Wait....

So.... let's recap here...

Theta = green poo
    WP = blue poo
    New pets = yellow poo

OMG.... I can haz ship which generates poo of 3 different colors?

Mav, I'm gonna have to silence your campaign here. More poo, more colors, it's the American way!

Actually theta is yellow, warp poo is blue/greenish so yellowstone pets shuld do purple poo!!
  • ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

What you describe already exists in the form of Fer'jai Frigates.
    edited July 2012
    What you describe already exists in the form of Fer'jai Frigates.

sadly the feds dont get those.
  • thishorizonthishorizon Member Posts: 1,158
    edited July 2012
    moar pets you say?

*off to best buy for that new graphics card*
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    How about self-replicating pets? Mines is for suckers like Benjamin Sisko. True Kirks launch self-replicating Hydra Runabouts. Every time you destroy one and another is still around, you spawn 2 new ones.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    lintyuk wrote: »

Detachable things ? Like when you detach wings from some insect ? I like that !
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    corsair114 wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for Cryptic to release the Druid so I can polymorph into a bear which has a bear pet and can summon bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears that summon more bears and can root anything forever and heal the party.

<--- DDO That way. :P
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shimmerlessshimmerless Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Until I see an in-game CGI Cesar Milan training a lone pet to stop abusing my integrated graphics card by barfing polygons on the living room rug, I won't accept any more of them in my Star Trek Online.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
  • dassemstodassemsto Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    moar pets you say?

*off to best buy for that new graphics card*

if only it would help... I'm set up with some pretty good hardware, but in C&H and the new Starbase defence it's all f'd up....
  • quiverboxquiverbox Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    corsair114 wrote: »

TRIBBLE that. I want the broken Druid that can wildshape into a Tarrasque. I eat your recursive bears!
  • broken1981broken1981 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    anyone have a pipe bomb? ill plant it up that carriers TRIBBLE.
    I can throw [Fireworks] at you and hope you catch on fire and burn to death lol