test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Captains Table: ACCESS DENIED!!!!!!!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Federation Discussion
I have been subscribed to the game for over 400 days. Now 405 days. The advertised Veteran award is an accolade, The captains Yaght, and the Captains Table access code (from C-store).

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~<GM Jahia>

what!?

Several veteran players (on pay per year) have told me they have access to it and it is advertised as a lifetime and 400 day veteran award...so why.......why do I not have it....and this is surely false advertising?

I feel customer support is badly run and I am denied something that...others seemingly have in my situation.

Please send any feedback relating to this issue...as I have had several people in game tell me different stories. Has anyone else (not on lifetime) been given access to it/denied access?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I'm a monthly payer who's been with the game since open beta and I have been to the captains table on one of my thirteen toons, once. Very over rated. I mean it is pretty and all but there is nothing to do there. It's not even an active social zone. Maybe I have been there twice. Not sure if I went there with one of my Klings. It's that memorable.

I certainly hope that Cryptic fixes your issue, and that they make the Captain's Table a place with some incentive to hang out in. Maybe give it a bunch of minigames with one good one that is exclusive to the Captain's Table, make it a place where you can get missions that payout exclusive gear you can't get anywhere else. Just give it something that will draw players to hang out there.
    edited April 2011
    Just as a matter of interest, you have claimed or tried to claim, the (free) access code thingy from the C-store haven't you?

Personally I didnt even know there was a code to get in until I looked around the store.
    edited April 2011
    Dirlettia wrote:
    Just as a matter of interest, you have claimed or tried to claim, the (free) access code thingy from the C-store haven't you?

Personally I didnt even know there was a code to get in until I looked around the store.

That's the first thing I did yeah. But Atari support say I cannot have access unless I buy a lifetime membership:-(
    There is nothing listed on c-stor for me at all
    edited April 2011
    That's the first thing I did yeah. But Atari support say I cannot have access unless I buy a lifetime membership:-(
    There is nothing listed on c-stor for me at all

If you have access to the valiant accolade/title/yacht etc. Put in another ticket, stating according to this page http://www.startrekonline.com/veteran_rewards you should have it. And point out the ticket number where they told you it was lifetime only (this will kindly point out someone is misinformed). That should get you the response ya need :)
    edited April 2011
    Yeah..I have the in game accolade...which clearly states:

"you have unlocked:

*access to the Captains Table"

but they tell me I do not have it and never will unless I fork out £160 odd! not good enough. That's terrible. I logged on to a chat with atari support with this info and they cut me off:-(

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TERRIBLE

and they refuse to help. I will submit yet another ticket.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~<GM Jahia>
    edited April 2011
    Not to bum you out or anything, but there isn't anything to do at the table. I've been a lifetimer since before the table was introduced, and I have to say its pretty pointless. I think I have been there all of 3 times.
    edited April 2011
    It clearly states that the 400 day veteran award include the captains table access:
    http://www.startrekonline.com/veteran_rewards
    I have been active for 405 days and the accolade states:

400 Days

* Valiant Accolade and Title.
    * FREE Full Respec.
    * FREE Access to The Captain’s Table.
    * FREE Vanity Ship – Captain’s Yacht.
    * A 5% Captain and Officer Skill Point Boost up to Lieutenant Commander 6.

I had someone tell me I don't have access due to the fact I'm not a lifetime subscriber. Yet I have friens who pay monthly and have access and they DO NOT HAVE lifetime subs. please help...and do not reply to this ticket saying it is resolved...as it is not and I still do not have this item (the access code on c-store that allowes access). I spend a great deal of money on this game and it feels like my money is taken and product is not delivered.
    edited April 2011
    boglejam wrote: »
    Not to bum you out or anything, but there isn't anything to do at the table. I've been a lifetimer since before the table was introduced, and I have to say its pretty pointless. I think I have been there all of 3 times.

bless ya mate. It does seem that the table is pretty useless...that's not to say it will always be the case. Be it a small item or a large...the game and all the advertisements clearly state that I should have this. I have been here since Open BETA and would like to think my money is as good as those who have it.

I don't have the table now...but as a result, what other items/awards/abilities are going to be denied. Why is it me and people paying monthly subs getting it?
    You let one thing pass and then something else doesn't get given, the fact is...I'm a really big star trek fan and liked the idea of the table and really want to know I will get things that are promised me

Although, I do appreciate your attempt at making me feel better about not having it mate:-)
    edited April 2011
    bless ya mate. It does seem that the table is pretty useless...that's not to say it will always be the case. Be it a small item or a large...the game and all the advertisements clearly state that I should have this. I have been here since Open BETA and would like to think my money is as good as those who have it.

I don't have the table now...but as a result, what other items/awards/abilities are going to be denied. Why is it me and people paying monthly subs getting it?
    You let one thing pass and then something else doesn't get given, the fact is...I'm a really big star trek fan and liked the idea of the table and really want to know I will get things that are promised me

Although, I do appreciate your attempt at making me feel better about not having it mate:-)

I would though edit your post you made with the submitted ticket just to be on the safe side (don't want people to report yah for postin that stuff =X)

But good luck and let us know if it works out :) (Don't actually paste their reply obviously hehe) I got a feeling it will this time though because you obviously pointed out you should have it but don't :)
    edited April 2011
    I can't get reported for showing what I write on my Ticket. I will not type in what individuals say or name anyone. Just upset at the way support is treating the issue:-(. Thanks for your kind words my friend:-)
    edited April 2011
    Have you open a new ticket and gave them the link to the Vet Reward page showing that at 400 days you get acess tot he captain table? If not i wouls suggest doing that or next time your in game ask for a GM response
    edited April 2011
    Have you open a new ticket and gave them the link to the Vet Reward page showing that at 400 days you get acess tot he captain table? If not i wouls suggest doing that or next time your in game ask for a GM response

yes he did :p
  • starfleet45starfleet45 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Can anyone tell me how to get to the Table. I have looked everywhere!! Let me know!!
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Can anyone tell me how to get to the Table. I have looked everywhere!! Let me know!!

Glowing White Nebula in Sol Space and Qo'Nos space called Aenigma Nebula. Just fly towards it and press f to activate it.
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Archived Post has a point
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I did a double-take when I saw the op was moderated by Jahia citing the Atari Rules. *the kind of double-take that had me actually think this might not be a zombie and that we had gone back to Atari overnight*

New forum, same old lack of an automatic 30 day auto-lock on topics.
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2012

First you have to claim special Access Codes from the C-Store for the character. It which be under the Legacy Tab (I think). Once you have claimed the Access Codes, the white nebula area near ESD will now have the visible names of "Aeniga Nebula". That's the door you use to get to the Captain's Table.