test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Contributing Data Samples

cloudinfinitycloudinfinity Member Posts: 59 Arc User
Dear Developers,

I beg you, please fix how one can contribute data samples to fleet projects. Currently, it must be done one sample at a time. For me, a person in a very small fleet of five friends, this takes forever (especially if I'm the only person online at the time). Can you please ad a slider that lets you choose how many of a specific particle you can contribute?

Last night it took me nearly 20 minutes to contribute 250 data samples... and my mouse and fingers were both crying from all of the clicking.

I never ask for much in this game, but this would really be appreciated.

Thanks!
Post edited by cloudinfinity on

Comments

• vyristykinvyristykin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I definitely agree here. The mechanism for contributing data samples needs to be streamlined to make it less of a burden on my poor mouse finger. It's just not fun.
  • zmihaie80zmihaie80 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    what the hell happened when they got to the point of adding an amount to contribute slider to data samples and particle traces .. they brains froze or something!?

adding 250 data samples requires 750 mouse clicks, that's if U don't missclick
    or 500 mouse clicks + 250times pressing ESC key
    this is insane :(
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ^^^^
    Agreed. I really don't understand why the decision was made at the system/UI level to ONLY have data sample contribution work this way. There no logical reason dat sample contribution shouldn't work the same was as commodities or Fleet Marks, etc.

It really ends up being hard on your mouse too (not to mention your sanuity). I thought Crptic made a big deal that they play their own games? If that's the case, HOW did the decision to make data sample contrinbution work like it does get past the whiteboarding stage?
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Aye, I would like to see a slider available.

7 to 12 duty officer contributions weren't too bad, but 250 times for each individual sample?

I can understand the devs choice in making it a single donation at a time that gives all fleeties a chance to donate which is good for the overly large fleets. But even some of them would probably find a slider useful.
  • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    IMO, there are better ways than a deliberately obstructive and tedious interface to meet the goal of letting more people in a fleet contribute.

(Besides, if there's anything that MMOs have proven, it's that people will do whatever they were going to do anyway, no matter how hideously grindy you make it.)

PPS: My even darker, more cynical side wonders if they're trying to condition us to the sort of "gameplay" I've heard mentioned in articles about other Korean-model games, where you just sit and mindlessly pull the slot machine lever, er, open boxes over and over.
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    OH YES!!!

This NEEDS to be fixed! Please add the slider. No one wants to get carpal tunnel and stop playing the game. Plus, I don't like going back and forth to choose some other data sample than using the default top one.

Thanks. :)
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • cloudinfinitycloudinfinity Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    lol... glad I'm not the only one!
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    maybe multiples of 10 ??
    Live long and Prosper
  • blackmarch0blackmarch0 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Agreeing with all the above posts.

This definitely needs fixing.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    the thought applies to ANYTHING that you can stack. it's annoying to have to buy the damn Saurian Brandy 10 times when you can do it once.
    Spock.jpg

• haglahayhaglahay Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Agreed with everyone. This needs to be done ASAP.