test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starbase Development

angelus214angelus214 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
Im struggling to understand the exact progression of Starbases. I get that fleet members dontate to projects and projects get XP in specific areas but how does that turn into fleet xp

thanks
Untitled_1.jpg

Executive Officer of Alpha Squadron
Post edited by angelus214 on

Comments

• mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If by fleet xp you mean the top row labeled Starbase XP, I would like to know as well.

if you;re talking about that box omn the left hand side, those you get for completing the fleet wide starbase projects I believe.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You need to earn 10K points in any one of the three catagory's (Mil/Eng/Sci) in order to advance to Tier One of Starbase Building. (from Zero)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    You need to earn 10K points in any one of the three catagory's (Mil/Eng/Sci) in order to advance to Tier One of Starbase Building. (from Zero)

Exactly, complete a project, get fleet xp.

This is why they said it's a long term goal. :)
    gHF1ABR.jpg
    edited July 2012
    So in other words, you have to complete one of the class tiers to get the 1k in starbase points to complete one of those tiers.

if you complete three of the tactical tiers, do you have a tier 3 starbase then? or do you have to do one of each for example?

thanks
  • angelus214angelus214 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ok so from your reasoning once my fleet reaches military tier 1 we are given Fleet XP which we can put towards the project for Starbase Tier 1.

But how many XP. Do we have to have completed just one tier in one branch before we can advance or do we have to complete all 3 sub-tiers before we can advance the starbase to tier 1
    Untitled_1.jpg

Executive Officer of Alpha Squadron
  • carl104carl104 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think what they're saying is tha as soon as all three types hit teir 1 your creditedwith 10K fleet XP which instantly takes your starbase to teir 1.
    edited July 2012
    Ain't this fun?

Another thread said for every project we complete, we get 1k in Starbase XP.

edit: Linkie: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=287101
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This is what I know:

There are 15 blocks. 5 tactical, 5 science, 5 engie. Each block gives 1000 starbase XP. So, one full block is enough to give a tier 1 starbase, 3 full blocks (whether it is one from each group, 3 from he same group, or two from one group and one from another) is enough for tier 2 base, and it takes 13 blocks to get tier 5 base. Each block fills up with 10 missions.
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • bds007bds007 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's for every Tier in the specialty (Military, Science, Engineering) that you earn the 1k Fleet XP. Not for every project.
  • haglahayhaglahay Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Wow, this is boneheaded. In COH you at least got a starter room for nothing that you could decorate.
  • dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    haglahay wrote: »
    Wow, this is boneheaded. In COH you at least got a starter room for nothing that you could decorate.

Hard to believe that same people that made the amazing base system in CoH are responsible for this train wreck isn't it?
  • haglahayhaglahay Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Man, I cannot tell you how many hundreds of hours I spent on my base. I got more than a few "best base ever" comments, which always made the effort worth it.
  • darren0kitlordarren0kitlor Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Due to ongoing war efforts, interior decorators were phased out of Starfleet's Deep Space Facility Construction Corps in favor of engineers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    That is so true...
    Due to ongoing war efforts, interior decorators were phased out of Starfleet's Deep Space Facility Construction Corps in favor of engineers.
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • darren0kitlordarren0kitlor Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    truewarper wrote: »
    That is so true...

The forums are more fun if we roleplay design limitations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ain't this fun?

Another thread said for every project we complete, we get 1k in Starbase XP.

edit: Linkie: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=287101

Just to be clear.

You earn 10'000 military for example.

you get the ability to build a shipyard 1 (a holding).

You build shipyard 1 and it gives you 1000 starbase XP for doing so and you now get a project to construct a tier 1 starbase.

To get a tier 2 base you need 4000 starbase XP (it was originally 3000 on tribble). So you need to build 3 other holdings.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited July 2012

you still get a room for nothing. in fact you get 4 with the lower levels.

the decorations are unlocked as you go along. thats just part of it this system.

one of the reasons for the lack of customization is they want to put missions inside your starbase at some point. the more control we have over where things go, the more complex it is to set up NPC's in bases that are no longer uniform and less likely they can make missions there.