test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

2 Fleet Currencies?

reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
Okay I am confused. We have 2 new currencies instead of just 1? Which comes from where, and which purchases what? I certainly don't want to grind out a ton of A, only to find that what I want is bought with B.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    cptwilliam2cptwilliam2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You grind for fleet marks to add to the fleet grind, and all the resources (Dilithium, Expertise, etc) added give you fleet credits that you can spend on the items you're grinding for.

Some items (ships) will cost you Fleet Credits as well as Zen (real cash).

This needs a flow chart...
    Join Legends Memorial, a chat channel to share stories about the legends of Trek who are no longer with us.
  • Options
    rayusrayus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If you're talking about Fleet Marks & Credits...

Marks are earned through completing missions, and are used in Starbase projects. Contributing towards Starbase projects earns you Fleet Credits which you use to purchase equipment & ships when available.
  • Options
    aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You grind for fleet marks to add to the fleet grind, and all the resources (Dilithium, Expertise, etc) added give you fleet credits that you can spend on the items you're grinding for.

It begs the question why we simply aren't just earning Fleet Marks from the other "currencies" and from the missions. Why both have to be converted to credits is a bit baffling, yet another convoluted currency exchange system, it's becoming the norm around here.
  • Options
    cptwilliam2cptwilliam2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    aexrael wrote: »
    It begs the question why we simply aren't just earning Fleet Marks from the other "currencies" and from the missions. Why both have to be converted to credits is a bit baffling, yet another convoluted currency exchange system, it's becoming the norm around here.

But then the content would be less gated, exposing the lack of actual content. ;)
    Join Legends Memorial, a chat channel to share stories about the legends of Trek who are no longer with us.
  • Options
    shookyangshookyang Member Posts: 1,122
    edited July 2012
    I thought we were supposed to be able to exchange expertise (formerly BOFF xp) for Fleet Credits.

Where do I do that?
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If there's something STO really, really needs, is more forms of currency.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If there's something STO really, really needs, is more forms of currency.

NO!!! Don't give them any ideas! :P
  • Options
    skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    shookyang wrote: »
    I thought we were supposed to be able to exchange expertise (formerly BOFF xp) for Fleet Credits.

Where do I do that?

Hit ctrl+g and I think it's the second tab and then click on the Contributions tab. Only some projects will require expertise points so one of those must be running and then you have to get in before anyone else, which is the big problem since everyone has a ton of expertise points. I've hardly been able to contribute at all to fleet projects because they have all already been fully contributed to by other members. Then it's just waiting on the timer to expire for a new project to start and hope that you are online and bring up the contribution tab as soon as another project starts to be able to actually contribute. There's gotta be a better way to earn Fleet Credits than this.
  • Options
    omgajjerotomgajjerot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Is it really currency if it cannot be spent on anything?

Seems like complaining for the sake of complaining, They needed a way to tie fleet-based stf-like activities to building a starbase, Marks do that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darren0kitlordarren0kitlor Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2012

No, it just needs to be retconned.

Who thought this convoluted grind+cash option is a good idea aside from accounting?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]