test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starbase Projects: Limited Time?

cormorancormoran Member Posts: 440 Arc User
edited July 2012 in The Academy
Okay, fleet starbases are in, cool. However i didn't get to check out the starbases on tribble so i'm a little in the dark.

In choosing fleet projects i see one is LIMITED TIME. I'm unsure as to what this means exactly, does it mean it will only show up for a limited time, or does it mean we only have a limitted time to gather the materials after we start it?

If it's the former, does this mean some fleets will never see these upgrades again?
Post edited by cormoran on

Comments

• voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    that limited time project is until the 26th so it's not a really short window.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cormorancormoran Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    voicesdark wrote: »
    that limited time project is until the 26th so it's not a really short window.

That didn't really answer my question...

I didn't ask when it is limitted to, I asked what that limitted actually means.

Will that dissapear after that time if we don't choose it, or will it dissapear even if we do choose it and we've put dilithium into it?
  • ussmysticoneussmysticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It means, if you dont complete the project within the time window you wont get the unlock until they decide to turn it back on....
  • salenferretsalenferret Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The "limitied time" item right now is cool windows for your starbase. If you don't finish all the requirements for that project in time allotted for it, you won't be able to purchase it until later, where you'll be given the option to requeue up for it at that later time.

So limited time means just that... It's a limited time offer for you to do something. Do it during the time, or lose the option to do it.
  • capcushcapcush Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Just think of any thing with limited time as you may want it in your star base. i know for the KDF the windows in Ops make the room a whole lot more livable and likable. have not seen the federation one yet but im guessing that it looks good
  • trappa83trappa83 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Can someone please upload or link a screenshot of this?

Seems like it's missing for my fleet as far as I can hear via Teamspeak from my officers.
    I will check that once I am back at home.
  • pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    trappa83 wrote: »
    Can someone please upload or link a screenshot of this?

Seems like it's missing for my fleet as far as I can hear via Teamspeak from my officers.
    I will check that once I am back at home.

Release notes mention having to queue up at least one of the regular projects before the "Room with a View" special project will populate in the list to be chosen.

p.s. on topic - I think if you have the special project queued and being worked on by the 26th, you should be able to complete it. It just won't be available to start after the 26th.
  • latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Click here for Screenshot
    edited July 2012
    Once this has been completed, is there an option to open and close the blast doors (ala TOS blast shutters) or is the choice between permanently closed or permanently open?
    Fleet Advanced Research Vessel T6
    Commander Science, Lieutenant Commander Engineering, Lieutenant Commander Universal, Lieutenant Tactical, Ensign Science
  • starcommando101starcommando101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    its perma-open

Trust me it looks better that way. my fleet has it and it's so cool
    The Average PvP player
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1) Teamwork and timing is #1
    2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
    3) You are going to die, just get back up
  • cratchmastercratchmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Right now it seems to always be open
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    psyloaf wrote: »
    Once this has been completed, is there an option to open and close the blast doors (ala TOS blast shutters) or is the choice between permanently closed or permanently open?

I haven't found one. Would think that would be a requirement with all those crazy Klingons out there. ;)

There's a floating console marker about 20 feet up dead center on that room that I;ve been yet to figure out what it is for.
  • psyloafpsyloaf Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ok, thanks guys!
    I haven't found one. Would think that would be a requirement with all those crazy Klingons out there. ;)

There's a floating console marker about 20 feet up dead center on that room that I;ve been yet to figure out what it is for.

Aha! So I'm NOT the only one :D
    Fleet Advanced Research Vessel T6
    Commander Science, Lieutenant Commander Engineering, Lieutenant Commander Universal, Lieutenant Tactical, Ensign Science
  • cormorancormoran Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited July 2012

I think it's fairly obvious.

DISCO BALL UPGRADE! :eek:

Thanks for the answers everyone.
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    cormoran wrote: »
    I think it's fairly obvious.

DISCO BALL UPGRADE! :eek:

Thanks for the answers everyone.

I've heard rumors that there is in fact a disco ball waiting to be unlocked on the map.
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The Klingon one looks a helluva lot better with open windows, that's for damn sure.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    nynik wrote: »
    I've heard rumors that there is in fact a disco ball waiting to be unlocked on the map.

It's in the much talked about but denied to exist secret GM room.

edit: Come to think about it, that is a nice and big dance floor in the middle there. And with a nice big light right above it. I wonder if Cryptic put those there for that reason.
  • marogomarogo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Any chance we can get a official response on the following scenario?

If the Room with a View project is added as a special project to contribute towards, say 100k/200k dilithium filled. Will the project continue to exist and be completable after the 26th of July? Or will the project be removed / possible dilithium lost?
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    its perma-open

Trust me it looks better that way. my fleet has it and it's so cool

It's... ok. Good for parties and stuff maybe, but now that we've got the shutters open, I'm wanting another project to get a console switch so we can manually open/shut them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • jg2112jg2112 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's... ok. Good for parties and stuff maybe, but now that we've got the shutters open, I'm wanting another project to get a console switch so we can manually open/shut them.

Thanks Cryptic. It costs us nothing to build them, 200,000 dil to remove them, and even more if we want to switch.
  • sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Windows in the bottom left? Open.

Windows in the top right? Open.

Dilithium in the bank? Broke as(s) Feds.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.