test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Loading..." +10 minutes & still waiting!

glenntleglenntle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
Why does "Loading..." take so long? :confused:

If you are not sure, please refrain from guessing; I'm a 20 year IT veteran & I have all kinds of guesses.

I'm not asking for a guess, I'm asking someone who Knows! A GM/Mod/Dev or someone who knows what processes are going on besides; loading a Character Selection Screen, because that should only take seconds! :eek:

Loading with a progress bar of whatever the heck is taking so long would be informative and greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks in advance for your KNOWLEDGE.
Post edited by glenntle on

Comments

• thoroonthoroon Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    20 Years knowing IT ... sorry for being impolite, but you should know after these 20 years:
    Just saying something is not working, won't lead to any solution without guessing.
    There are hundreds of possibilities, the most reasonable your firewall.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mickelntekmickelntek Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    well ther are 2 things that can cause this
    1 the game is downloading new data
    2 the game crashed

PS the game has sort of a loading bar its the large numbers at the right side.
  • glenntleglenntle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    mickelntek wrote: »
    2 the game crashed

No it finally loads; this latest one using ~100% CPU for 20 minutes.
    There is no numbers anywhere on the screen after CRYPTIC, that only displays "Loading..." and the StarTrek Badge/Symbol.

I believe it is doing a system assessment test of the computer, it at least does the Video Card, if not System I/O; Local Storage, network and CPU, thanks to sysinternals process viewer and other tools. :D
  • glenntleglenntle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    mickelntek wrote: »
    2 the game crashed

Not downloading as Net i/o near zero, not crashed as Loading finally finishes. Hmm guesses. :(

Firewall, yes it is up and set to block baddies. :P

I use PeerBlock firewall that uses iblocklist level 1 list with the following settings:
    The best Solution to this Problem (& funny now the search engine has hits for "Loading...") IS:
    "I am stuck in a never ending loading screen, how do I fix this? "
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    thoroon wrote: »
    There are hundreds of possibilities, the most reasonable your firewall.

What happens when your ping is 60ms ,you have a 120mpps internet connection ,firewall and AV turned off ,the game installed on a ssd and you have to wait like 5 minutes to load ESD or your bridge?
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    20 year IT vet and you're using Peerblock?

You actually click on those "Want to protect yourself from the FBI?" links over at demonoid and TPB, don;t you?