test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Exchange Not Working.

holyhelmetholyhelmet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Ok so since the servers been back up, I haven't been able to buy anything off the exchange except for a dam lockbox :eek:
Post edited by holyhelmet on

Comments

• mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yup, there's a couple of threads on this already. I can list items but they donrt show up via a search.
  • quvbaghquvbagh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I was compelled to headbutt my monitor. Thankfully I have a bit of restraint. I just won't be playing for a few days till they fix all this TRIBBLE. :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • adufauxadufaux Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've logged out after noticing this issue. As I primarily do DOff missions, samples, etc, the exchange is somewhat critical. I'm fairly patient, so I will wait a day or two to see if this is fixed. Also to note, the first couple of days after an update, the exchange market typically sees an outrageous increase of artificial pricing for easily acquired items, so a short wait for bug fixes and market stability will do some of us good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • svetivanovasvetivanova Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Thank you Cryptic/PWE for ****ing up yet again. Every time you do something to the game, you TRIBBLE something up.
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Since the upgrade I can't buy anything off the exchange, I have the EC, for example I am trying to buy a uncommon food item for 1,000EC I have over 500,000EC on the character in question and I won't let me buy it, I refreshed the exchange in case someone else bought it right when I was trying to and still it's there and even a few below the cheapest won't let me buy it. I have tried several different items from food to bridge officers and consoles and it won't let me. I have even tried on different characters and still it doesn't work. Has season 6 broken the exchange too?
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • adufauxadufaux Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Thank you Cryptic/PWE for ****ing up yet again. Every time you do something to the game, you TRIBBLE something up.

Well, there isn't a need to be so harsh. When on Tribble I ignored the exchange. There isn't much participation on the scale of what live servers see, so it typically goes unnoticed, or unreported for developers to correct any unforeseen issues. I imagine they are spread a bit thin with another development in progress.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've noticed this as well this morning - I couldn't buy the Romulan ale needed for my Bartender DOff assignment.

Strangely, I was able to sell a Purple Saurian BOff for 20,000 during that time.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • irobag520glirobag520gl Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I am experiencing this bug as well. Is there an ETA on a fix for this?
  • chk231chk231 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I tried selling some environmental suits, some Ferengi Outfit Boxes, couple of other things, and they didn't show up on the exchange. I can't search for them either; fleet modules aren't searchable too. I suppose we'll have to start making a list. Something is definitely buggy. Could just be lag, but I honestly have no idea. I encountered the same issues Thursday evening.
  • nexus2251nexus2251 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I resubscribed last night to avoid the queues after trying several times to login, only to get disconnected within a minute and pushed further down the queue.

I can login with the gold access now fine, but staying in is another matter, the game is laggy (I'm in the uk with a 30mb connection) and I am far to frequently dropped out to the in game login screen.

Plus trying to buy anything from the exchange at all is futile as your told you cannot purchase this item at this time constantly.

Please please emergency patch this...
  • rjcfoxtrotrjcfoxtrot Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    That probably explains why I couldn't look up items in an attempt to undercut prices effectively :cool:
  • milner62milner62 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Not to get off topic but I have see some people complain about the game queing them to log in and then they get kicked. While I had to que in last night I didnt today. I also didnt get booted either. I did have to log out and back in after some weird glitch that caused a looping audio that was around even after the new fleet mission was over. But logging back in last night resulted in no que to get in.

I have to say those that became a subscriber over that I think just threw their money away as its a rolling issue and not a problem for everyone.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Uk here as well and it seems fine to me.

try changing the proxy around on the launcher options. sometimes helps.
  • irobag520glirobag520gl Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I don't find the game unplayable, as I have managed so far. There are a few things though that are frustrating. The exchange being one, strange flickers in random places being another. And certain areas where I can't move and have to go elsewhere has also caused me to find work arounds.
  • tvlartvlar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I found that force-verifying files helped me with some lag issues and with a very slow launcher.

That didn't help with the Exchange problem, which I ran into as well..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I am able to log in and stay logged in just fine; but the game has been VERY laggy since the launch of S6.

The content has far exceeded my expectations, and I'm sure some of the bugs will get worked out, but the lag is my biggest worry.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited July 2012
    Hi Captains,

Just wanted to check-in to let you know we are aware of the issues with the in-game exchange and are working on a resolution. Thanks for your patience :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • andomiindandomiind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have noticed that this might not be a bug,
    I was used to use search trough the " ALL " tab part,
    Exchange seemingly works good for me,
    if Im more specific and choose the correct tabs,
    items I sell comes up there.

All though Ive noticed that the new sorting
    has a calculations I can not wrap my head around

I would also like to see to ignore certan items/things
    for example browsing trough DOFFs, Id like to only see FEDs

And a word of undercutting, Im all for it, its makes an interesting
    and fun market to experience and be interactive with.

I would how ever like to protect new comers, youngsters &
    also the occasional drunk persons etc
    Would be good if well known expensive items have a secure feature so
    you for example do not give away an item just because you forgot to put a extra zero.
  • skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    andomiind wrote: »
    I have noticed that this might not be a bug,
    I was used to use search trough the " ALL " tab part,
    Exchange seemingly works good for me,
    if Im more specific and choose the correct tabs,
    items I sell comes up there.

That is a bug. It's just an old bug and will probably never be fixed. The new bug actually makes purchasing items impossible. I will see many items for sale, but will get a message that says "unable to purchase item at this time." It happened on over half the items I tried to buy and seemed completely random on which items I could and could not buy.
  • andomiindandomiind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    skurf wrote: »
    That is a bug. It's just an old bug and will probably never be fixed. The new bug actually makes purchasing items impossible. I will see many items for sale, but will get a message that says "unable to purchase item at this time." It happened on over half the items I tried to buy and seemed completely random on which items I could and could not buy.

Ah so we do have gremlins,
    have not been in contact with them,
    hopefully they will be eradicated shortly
  • roth30roth30 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I cant select items to but they show up but i can not highlight them to buy.
  • bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Does anyone have an answer to this? I've tried soft log / hard log and neither worked for me. If anyone has found a workaround, could you please post it here?

*Edit:
    Nvm, I should've just gone to where I was supposed to be in the first place. My bad.
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • daedalus27daedalus27 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think all exisiting sales prior to the update are corrupted and you can't buy them. However sales placed on the exchange since the update are purchaseable (I have bought several items after going down the list). Unless the developers fix the issue, the exchange is going to take some time to fully work as the flawed sales expire and are removed.
  • batmansrbbatmansrb Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Since season 6 update I haven't been able to sell or buy anything. When I put an item on market (for 1 EC or 1 mil. EC to find it easyer if posted) on the refreshed list all stays the same...without my item on list...and not some random items ...ALL ITEMS.
    So no selling means no buying etc.
    My bank is now full because I have no idea what is going on with prices...are they real or not.
    So I guess that it is a BIG bug...not to be neglected and sorted out in few days...sort it out NOW...thousands of players must have similar or same isues...so do the math.
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    :eek:

Same problem here, i'm glad to know that is a recognized problem!

Now fix this quickly guys, quickly :eek:
  • tieberionetieberione Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Anyone Seen/Heard from any DEV's on when this issue (Exchange not working) is going to hopefully be resolved?
    Tieberion, Captain of the USS Excalibur NX-97000-B

• sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Biggest problem of course is that White quality duty officers are going to vanish entirely within a few days

and there is no way to get more (the recruitment missions never work)
    Live long and Prosper
  • wilsonfrontierwilsonfrontier Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It seems the whole exchanged is in some way bugged. You can do some transactions but not all. The results you get are much fewer than used to be. Nothing is selling because so few can actually buy even if they want to.
  • skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Also, its seems KDF and FED duty officers are indistinguishable now. The border of their portraits used to be the color of their quality on the bottom (white, green, blue, purple) and fade to either blue or red at the top to indicate which faction they are on. Now there is no fade and the border is entirely the color of their quality. How exactly are we supposed to tell them apart while searching the exchange?
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited July 2012