test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

just tried to log on... it's not up?

captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
and got this lovely little message

So if STO is Closed what are your hours of operations and when will the sliding door work again?
lHut1H2.jpg
"I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
Post edited by captw on

Comments

• Options
    sdkraustsdkraust Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I am on no problem
    I also but my Blue Armored EV suit up on the exchange. I'm keeping my Sonic Mk XII Split Beam Rifle.
  • Options
    reynolds354reynolds354 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    gone to lunch lol
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    good news is it's not closed anymore, bad news is waiting... again.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • Options
    perfectself82perfectself82 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    captw wrote: »
    and got this lovely little message

So if STO is Closed what are your hours of operations and when will the sliding door work again?

I too am looking at this screen.

Edit: Still says closed for me as of now.
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It is up, but its struggling. I actually met a queue window while trying to log in on a character. The server is full.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    all these times when it's down for routine maintenance they never for one thought about UPGRADING it's capacity or getting a bigger one?
    lHut1H2.jpg
  • Options
    blitzsthblitzsth Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I managed to log in, pick my character, start loading and then BAM "server is not responding" and I got to 188 secs before banging my head against the wall.
  • Options
    highteehightee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Lol loaded in to game, saw my holstered weapon thought cool :) clicked fleet holdings tab.. poof disconnected.

Oh well always busy first few days of new stuff
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sierrafortunesierrafortune Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    captw wrote: »
    all these times when it's down for routine maintenance they never for one thought about UPGRADING it's capacity or getting a bigger one?

They've been doing this constantly, but they shot themselves in the foot by implementing it at the same time as they were doing another form of maintenance I think.
  • Options
    highteehightee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ok now in que 9 of 891 so far lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    perfectself82perfectself82 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well I got in, was 89 of 843 in queue, soon as I loaded in I got dropped and had to log in again.
  • Options
    supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Server is back up however character list selection the original issue is still apparent
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Time to take those launch server supports out of storage and plug 'em in.
  • Options
    captnukemcaptnukem Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    62 out of 1301 arggg
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    1 step forward 2 steps back got to map loading screen and server not responding.
  • Options
    captainpetey001captainpetey001 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    My peeve isn't much the queue, but the fact that I've got a LTS and I'm still stuck in a queue in the thousands. So much for LTS'rs going to the front of the line.

EDIT: I actually got in and was greeted with "server not responding." Going on 3 minutes now.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    you should jump the queue i went straight in at 44 out of 1000
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2012
    Sorry guys, my fault. I wanted to celebrate Season 6's launch, so I brought in a bunch of champagne. The server hamsters don't know their limit apparently. Couple of them are on the way to the hospital to get their intsy stomachs pumped. We've brought in some temporary gophers to take their places until the hamsters can get back on the widdle feet.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    kandorouskandorous Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Sorry guys, my fault. I wanted to celebrate Season 6's launch, so I brought in a bunch of champagne. The server hamsters don't know their limit apparently. Couple of them are on the way to the hospital to get their intsy stomachs pumped. We've brought in some temporary gophers to take their places until the hamsters can get back on the widdle feet.

why did you do this

i wanted to play some star trek
  • Options
    meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Might one inquire, why preparations weren't made for the obvious onslaught of additional traffic, that a Season update might cause? It's not like this sort of thing is new... It's happened on every... single... season... update for the past 2.5 years.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    divvydenddivvydend Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited July 2012

LOL but seriously what is the problem. Are you pushing a patch as I am not seeing it when I fire up the Launcher?

BTW why am I showing as an Ensign? I'm VA
  • Options
    haglahayhaglahay Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The lag is so great that I cannot transfer anything to or from any inventory. AND it just took 10 minutes to beam up to my ship. This game is awesome.
  • Options
    husnock1husnock1 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sdkraust wrote: »
    I am on no problem
    I also but my Blue Armored EV suit up on the exchange. I'm keeping my Sonic Mk XII Split Beam Rifle.

Whoa, whoa, WHOA, waitaminute, time out, HOLD THE PHONE!

There's SONIC weapons now?!? Can I haz a pic, pretty please?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sc0rpi0besc0rpi0be Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    best thing yet I thought gold members didn't have to Que :confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    revenisrevenis Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    just be glad your able to play... i got in at the start and was dc'd loading a map, now 752 of 4513
  • Options
    phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sc0rpi0be wrote: »
    best thing yet I thought gold members didn't have to Que :confused:

http://sto.perfectworld.com/about/freetoplay/features-matrix
    They're given priority login (thus if there's 100 Gold and 1000 Silvers trying to login before you and you're a gold you will be placed #101 out of 1101 in line).
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • Options
    edited July 2012

LMAO, this is why we love you man. still at 175 out of 4832 lol. Can we shift the blame to bran?? :P, just got through the wait just for a DC to happen >.<
    lHut1H2.jpg
  • Options
    meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm stuck in the queue, with my own position seemingly being the same, while the queue grows larger, and larger...
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    hellfyre81hellfyre81 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    STO is still offline. Sat in the queue for an infuriatingly long time, watched the queue build to over 10k, then got kicked, then it said it was down for maintenance, now it is giving this stupid queue again. Over 5000 people trying to log in at the same time should not be this big an issue unless of course this a ploy to make people subscribe and get rid of the free to play aspect.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    after waiting in this line forever and ever, I got to this screen of DOOOM
    lHut1H2.jpg