test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Star Trek Online Boxed version

indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
I was thinking about buying the boxed edition, but was wondering what, if anything you get with it. Do you get C-Store points or any special items?

Thanks!
Post edited by indyshark on

Comments

• Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    most of the boxes offer something special but there is not just one box type. you would have to look at the box itself as there were different versions offering different bonuses, and different rewards from the unique supplier.
  • Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    different rewards from the unique supplier.

Per recent discussion, the supplier rewards may have finally been turned off.
  • Options
    matthian1701matthian1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    indyshark wrote: »
    I was thinking about buying the boxed edition, but was wondering what, if anything you get with it. Do you get C-Store points or any special items?

Thanks!

I don't know if the in-game rewards are still valid, but the collector's edition ($14 on Amazon) has an awesome heavy-duty Starfleet pin and an art book.
  • Options
    indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    That's interesting! I wonder what else you get in terms of the game.
  • Options
    soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    indyshark wrote: »
    That's interesting! I wonder what else you get in terms of the game.

I already had the game, but I wanted the Collector's Edition cdkey for one of the in-game items it comes with, so I bought it off eBay just 4 days ago.

It cost US$11 and you get a tribble for buffs, some costumes for your toons and the Red Matter Capacitor in-game. I noticed my inventory space was also increased. Also, came with a "subscription", although not sure why there's a subscription associated with that for a free to play game, but whatever.

The person in eBay can just send you the code if you don't want the box, which was the case for me since I hate any kind of physical boxes. I just wanted the code/cdkey that was inside the Collector's Edition box.
  • Options
    krayuskorianiskrayuskorianis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    When I got it a few months back, I got it off Amazon for $11.98.

What came with it was the DS9 and TNG uniforms, Red Matter Capcitor and the Borg Bridge Officer for both Federation and the Klingon Defense Force.

In the box was the Combadge, 3 10 day trial codes and the Art of Star Trek Online/Manual/CD holder book.

The Product Key gave me 30 days and I believe 400 Cryptic Points as well like a day later, not sure if that's true now with Zen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i3-2100 3.10GHz
    8GB Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM CL9
    ASUS DirectCU II GTX 660 OC 2GB GDDR5
  • Options
    logicalspocklogicalspock Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I got it off of Amazon for about $5 last year. It came with a red matter capacitor and some uniforms I already had (TOS and TNG).

My original Amazon box (not collectors edition) came with a Borg BO unlock for my entire account.

If you can find the original Target edition, it comes with the T-116 (or whatever it is) sniper rifle.
  • Options
    data3ohdata3oh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    All mine came with was a 30 Day free trail :(... And it says Atari on the box...

Not a fan of the PWE account linking