test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Roleplaying / Drozana Station

fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Ten Forward
I am a fairly new player and I am interested in roleplaying in STO. There are no roleplaying realms, which is no problem and I have found Drozana Station as a roleplaying hub.

First I have some questions. Can I use lokal chat for In Character talking? Is there a special IC channel? Further how is open or free roleplay looked upon? I mean just having a conversation with someone. Is that OK, or should I join a roleplaying fleet?

Like I said Drozana Station looks like a roleplaying hub, are there more places that are used as a roleplaying hub. I could imagine Hathron on Bajor, DS9 and ESD. The problem is they are also main quest hub and/or have bank mail and exchange, everybody goes there.

On Drozana Station I have found roleplayers, but also players that use fire extinguers, place themself in odd places, behave crazy. In short it feels a bit like Goldshire in WoW. Why is that? Because some people roleplay, other players want to be there and do wierd things.
Post edited by fovrel on

Comments

• nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Drozana is like the seedy underbelly of an old bridge, it's where all the crazies and 40-something year old men pretending to be TRIBBLE slave girls hang out.
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    fovrel wrote: »
    Because some people roleplay, other players want to be idiots

Fixed. Unfortunately.

Welcome to STO by the way. :)

As an answer, start reading with this thread:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=303541

But yes you're right, that's pretty much the hub for roleplay. (Or rollplay if you're using Google tranalate)
  • quiverboxquiverbox Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm still not sure why everyone thinks so poorly of Drozana. It may be seedy-- sure the lights flicker constantly, and the HOLO-Leta is creepy, and it usually has some players goofing off-- but DS9 seems to attract *******s. As in bigots. Perhaps this is just my own personal experience?
  • captrayvenwingcaptrayvenwing Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i hate to use this line but unfortunaly it so fits.

"A more wretched hive of scum and villiany does not exist"

Drozana is as discribed above. it is the dark seedy underside of roleplaying in STO. If your looking for more actual story content and the ability to truly create a character who is more than just "beer swilling, TRIBBLE watching, aimless chat" than i would suggest you join a good RP fleet.

They will teach you the ins and outs of RP. the Social Etiquette that will ensure you will be able to join some of the best RP guilds on any game. lets face it Drozana is the worst teacher for those skills.

I would suggest you come check out the fleet im in. The Trust Fleet

To give you an Idea of what we are doing.

We have a fleet that has continuity. Everything that has happened to the fleet has an impact on where it goes in the RP future.

We have started developing custom story arc's. These arcs are a complete series of episodes that culminate into an over all story. We utilise the foundry to allow us to tell the story while allowing the players to still RP and have special effects. IE the story calls for the Ship to be damamged. kind of cool when the bridge shakes and falmes pop up when it should!

We have some serious villans who sometimes win against the fleet. there by truely making them a threat. our villians are not Col. Klink.

We also have outside the Arc RP where you can continue to stay in char if you wish. We have even run STF and such in char which is kind of cool.

We also run those out of char so you wont feel to over whelmed in RP.

Our fleet is also part of a larger RP Fleet orginization. We have interfleet RP events.

Anyway. come hang with us. youll learn to RP and have contact with some of the best RP fleets in game.

So just come hang with us and heck just read our forums for some of the stories. i think youll be impressed
    The Account formally known as Rayvenwing
    Actual Join Date : Feb 2010

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starjumpersixstarjumpersix Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Drozana is effectively the Moon Guard Goldshire of STO. My advice? GTFO there and run to DS9. There are people that hang out there to RP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sup?
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    quiverbox wrote: »
    I'm still not sure why everyone thinks so poorly of Drozana. It may be seedy-- sure the lights flicker constantly, and the HOLO-Leta is creepy, and it usually has some players goofing off-- but DS9 seems to attract *******s. As in bigots. Perhaps this is just my own personal experience?

Nah, I've seen it just about every time I head there to turn in contraband and get trading missions myself. I think it has to do with the fact it's the STFer hangout. Not saying all STFers are total jerks, I know a few that are pretty cool. But when that's the only place in the game they get their end game gear, there will always be a handful of them that do nothing but look down on others because they think they're godlike.
  • mandrake45mandrake45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    As an STFer, buying new STF gear is one of my less common reasons for visiting a starbase/social zone

I hit DS9 for the contraband missions, the academies for doff recruitment/grinding and which ever is most convenient for general banking/restocking. Which is sometimes Drozna, less running around than the other Eta E bases.
    Having trouble with ground STFs? Looking for help?

Join the STFHelp channel
    edited July 2012
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Agreed - in all honestly, roleplay or not, the zonechat at Drozana is far better than some of the absolute garbage I've seen discussed at DS9 - sewage like 'my country is better than yours'.

thats because zone chat is full of that nonsense. i turned mine off shortly after joining game in mar 2010. haven't missed it yet lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Agreed - in all honestly, roleplay or not, the zonechat at Drozana is far better than some of the absolute garbage I've seen discussed at DS9 - sewage like 'my country is better than yours'.

There's a reason I turn off zone chat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sup?
  • joenatljoenatl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think the last time I was there was to cash out some lobi. otherwise I don't touch that place. Anywhere with a holo-leeta is somewhere I avoid.
  • retunred4goodretunred4good Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Drozana Station. You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. (Except DS9, perhaps.)
    -It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-- Mark Twain.
  • judeconnorsjudeconnors Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    thats because zone chat is full of that nonsense. i turned mine off shortly after joining game in mar 2010. haven't missed it yet lol

Get this man some Chateau Picard!

I learned to take zone chat off early on, as well. I guess that's why I don't see this stupidity.
  • mandrake45mandrake45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I keep zone in my team chat tab as I find that it's useful there when running with pugs. Other than that, I pay it little attention.
    Having trouble with ground STFs? Looking for help?

Join the STFHelp channel
    edited July 2012
    Drozana Station. You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. (Except DS9, perhaps.)

I think i said that already LOL
    Get this man some Chateau Picard!

I learned to take zone chat off early on, as well. I guess that's why I don't see this stupidity.
    There's a reason I turn off zone chat.

Takes some wine.

Two people who think like me...

great minds and all that 8D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • retunred4goodretunred4good Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think i said that already LOL

Oops, quite right. :o Just woke up; kinda slow at the moment.
    -It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-- Mark Twain.
    edited July 2012

Takes some wine.

Two people who think like me...

great minds and all that 8D

Something I learned a looooong time ago. Saved what was left of my sanity. Then it was sold on Ebay for $20.00 by a fleet officer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sup?
    edited July 2012
    Oops, quite right. :o Just woke up; kinda slow at the moment.

Thats alright. I love ya anyway 8D
    Something I learned a looooong time ago. Saved what was left of my sanity. Then it was sold on Ebay for $20.00 by a fleet officer.

Next time you see it on Ebay let me know i'll slide you a few bucks just so you can get it back. Even if all you do is dust it off on occasion and keep it packed up in a box of tissue the rest of the time 8D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012

Next time you see it on Ebay let me know i'll slide you a few bucks just so you can get it back. Even if all you do is dust it off on occasion and keep it packed up in a box of tissue the rest of the time 8D

The officer got more than it was worth. It was already in tatters from some years before. It's not worth getting back. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sup?