test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Verdict Interviews BranFlakes

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
I was recently interviewed by The Verdict podcast. Check out the interview here.

Link to the podcast.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    th3gr4ndnagu5th3gr4ndnagu5 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    More of the same old same old T5 connie talk, but still absolutely *no* mention of the Excalibur/Vesper/Exeter.

/le sigh

Also Brandon said he thought the NW beta invites would be random. I thought previous betas were in part based upon when you purchased your sub(as in, the earlier you bought your LT sub the earlier you got your invite). Is this not going to be the case going forward?

The.Grand.Nagus
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    flywizflywiz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Dang speakers are acting up, so, I couldn't listen. Hopefully you guys can answer. If there is a T5 Connie, could we use the Exeter skin with it?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    flywiz wrote: »
    Dang speakers are acting up, so, I couldn't listen. Hopefully you guys can answer. If there is a T5 Connie, could we use the Exeter skin with it?

CBS said no T5 connie; that isnt in question. However the Excal/Vesper/Exeter arent connies, so they should go in the fleet store with the other low level ships getting T5 versions.

The.Grand.Nagus
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    flywizflywiz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    CBS said no T5 connie; that isnt in question. However the Excal/Vesper/Exeter arent connies, so they should go in the fleet store with the other low level ships getting T5 versions.

:D Terrific! I love the Exeter's skin, and would love to have a T5 of it.

Wait, but I still don't understand; Why no T5 connie? Connies are already in the game, why not have one as a T5? Why did they allow the Gal-X as a T5, but you can't have the connie as one?
  • Options
    edited July 2012

Wait, but I still don't understand; Why no T5 connie? Connies are already in the game, why not have one as a T5? Why did they allow the Gal-X as a T5, but you can't have the connie as one?

I cant tell you the specific reason because it has never been fully explained. All we have been told for sure is that CBS will not allow a T5 connie. However, as previously stated, the Excal/Vesper/Exeter are *not* connies, so there is no reason they should not be in the fleet store.

The.Grand.Nagus
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cworth1cworth1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Because CBS said so is why and that is really all there is to it.

And you can be lucky you got the Connie at all as from what I have read CBS was against the ship even going into the game at all.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I love the connie, but yeah i can see why it's not a T5 ship, being as in the show it was gone after we last saw the Enterprise A fly off into the sunset, and would have ended up being a Redshirt ship like the Miranda class (the ship class that people who sleep with admiral's daughter's get assign to).:P

but yeah the Exeter, Excalibur, and Vesper class should be a T5 fleet ship, at least just take the connie skin for that. I always liked the Exeter and it would be a shame to not see that ship again. :(
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    matteo716maikaimatteo716maikai Member Posts: 823
    edited July 2012

Also Brandon said he thought the NW beta invites would be random. I thought previous betas were in part based upon when you purchased your sub(as in, the earlier you bought your LT sub the earlier you got your invite). Is this not going to be the case going forward?

wait, i thought it was a "perk" of being lifetime to get the NW beta. are saying its not only a "chance" to get the NW beta when you buy the lifetime?
  • Options
    cworth1cworth1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    wait, i thought it was a "perk" of being lifetime to get the NW beta. are saying its not only a "chance" to get the NW beta when you buy the lifetime?

No it is not a lifetime exclusive perk.

You will get the invite along with thousands of others they will be randomly inviting throughout the beta.You will just get first shot at getting in.

Just like Blizzard did with the promo they did...buy a year of WoW subscription and get Diablo 3 free and a Mists of Pandaria Beta invite.

They were not exclusive invite but they got in first before Blizz started handing them out randomly to others who signed up for the beta.

Same deal here.

I got my beta for MoP a week after the very last year long subscription player had their invite handed out.
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    always with the tier 5 connie :rolleyes:

so the guy who made alpha is taking over pvp? interesting
  • Options
    willuk23willuk23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    err going out on a limb whats a connie?
  • Options
    reallydumbpwereallydumbpwe Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    She's this cute little redhead I used to date in...umm... nevermind.
    Connie = Constitution Class Starship... Enterprise from the movie era and TOS
  • Options
    startuxstartux Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    More of the same old same old T5 connie talk, but still absolutely *no* mention of the Excalibur/Vesper/Exeter.

/le sigh

Good question, from reading the post over on the Neverwinter forum it sounds very much the same odds as those who got their keys from Torchlight 2 and perhaps Pax East.
  • Options
    havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    always with the tier 5 connie :rolleyes:

so the guy who made alpha is taking over pvp? interesting

uh, someone is taking over pvp???
  • Options
    camryboycamryboy Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Are you guy going to ever make it possiable for us to land a ship or crash a ship on to the planet surface??? or fly a shuttle through the atmosphere?? I thi that should be explored like being able to Land a craft on a planet surface making this game even more unque than any other Star Trek game ever made.
  • Options
    willuk23willuk23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    thanks was confussed there for awhile
  • Options
    linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Neverwinter is 100% Free to Play.
  • Options
    kar1972kar1972 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So many things, so many cool stuff, cool enemies, cool missions, cool, cool, cool.

But, the same bugs, the same problems, no one cares to talk about it.

C-Store bugs in particular, where some unfortunate guy(s) buy something that is account wide and only manages to unlock for 1 character.

Come on guys, this is really cool. New stuff, new content, no one can deny that, but why not to try fix a bit more in solving bugs and problems that last for months?

Please fix the C-Store, fix the lag, fix those tiny things that really spoils the fun of it.
    :cool:
    SFX Fleet Captain Kar
    Me on the Web
  • Options
    startuxstartux Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    linyive wrote: »

He's talking about the closed beta(s), not the final product :).
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    linyive wrote: »

I understand that. My question is will the people from STO and Champs who get into the beta be invited based upon their purchase date.

The.Grand.Nagus
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    morgansmithmorgansmith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I would have loved to hear that interview. However...
    "And Snappy the alligator "Hey Every body!" /click_stop WTF is that annoying crud?

tell me they don't have that TRIBBLE talk all through the interview?
    [SIGPIC]stats of my ship coming soon[/SIGPIC]