test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Classic Battle Cruiser for high levels

farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Klingon Discussion
Its already in the game. I say bring it out. I want to cruise the stars at high level. With my classic D7 or K'T'inga Battle Cruiser. That way the KDF can have another ship at high levels with minor work to bring it.
Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Five bucks says probably for the same reason why we can;t have a T5 connie.

CBS won't allow the connie. Wanna bet it's the same for a T5 D7?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Five bucks says probably for the same reason why we can;t have a T5 connie.

CBS won't allow the connie. Wanna bet it's the same for a T5 D7?

I just read the T5 Connie thing on another post. I can see why they won't allow it. Since it would be an older "weaker" ship whooping up a newer modern ship.

Oh well that won't stop me from trying it. I will see what I can do with my K'T'inga once I get to end levels. If fail, I will have the current ship as well to play with.

• Options
    horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Even if it isn't a D-7 or true canon I'd be impressed to see a new design that seems derivative of proven Klingon shipbuilding conventions. If a design works they stick to it? If it resembles anything it's an Odyssey. I'm done with my engineer until they offer a cruiser that doesn't move like a gutted turtle tripping on it's trailing intestines. If the Bortasqu had dropped about 5000 hull in trade for a 10-12 degree turn I would have been interested
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• Options
    rebel230rebel230 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I would give anything for a tier 5+ D7/ K'tinga.
  • Options
    kolbrandrkolbrandr Member Posts: 266
    edited June 2012
    You guys need to man the hell up. I run my K'tinga in STF's. It's a little more difficult, but a good pilot can do just fine.

It's the price you pay for rolling in style. Stop whining for a refit, fellow warriors. The K'tinga is fine, even at high levels, if you're willing to make it work.

A Connie might be a bit more difficult to make work, however. If I ever drop c-points on fed TRIBBLE, I may give it a try someday.
  • Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I can;t believe I;m going to write this but....

But I want to roll in my 5.0 :)

or how ever the line goes.

I bought the TOS connie way back when. Played with it for like 30 minutes and never looked back.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    kolbrandr wrote: »
    You guys need to man the hell up. I run my K'tinga in STF's. It's a little more difficult, but a good pilot can do just fine.

It's the price you pay for rolling in style. Stop whining for a refit, fellow warriors. The K'tinga is fine, even at high levels, if you're willing to make it work.

A Connie might be a bit more difficult to make work, however. If I ever drop c-points on fed TRIBBLE, I may give it a try someday.

I'm going to man up. Currently I just outfitted my K'T'inga with more powerful weapons from R&D. I spent most of the weekend farming the items for newer weapons. Going to see how long I can go with it. Granted I just started with it, however this will really test me. And in time I will show what a D7 / K'T'inga can do at high levels.

• Options
    kolbrandrkolbrandr Member Posts: 266
    edited June 2012
    farmallm wrote: »
    I'm going to man up. Currently I just outfitted my K'T'inga with more powerful weapons from R&D. I spent most of the weekend farming the items for newer weapons. Going to see how long I can go with it. Granted I just started with it, however this will really test me. And in time I will show what a D7 / K'T'inga can do at high levels.

Beef up plasma an kinetic resists, then fly that sucker like a bird of prey! I used a K'tinga to run STF's for my mkXI honor guard gear.
  • Options
    hellsfire6hellsfire6 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Even if it isn't a D-7 or true canon I'd be impressed to see a new design that seems derivative of proven Klingon shipbuilding conventions. If a design works they stick to it? If it resembles anything it's an Odyssey. I'm done with my engineer until they offer a cruiser that doesn't move like a gutted turtle tripping on it's trailing intestines. If the Bortasqu had dropped about 5000 hull in trade for a 10-12 degree turn I would have been interested

Basically Emergency Power to Inertial Dampers

My build has this power x2 ( and EptS x2 and EptW x2)

- Ding - Vor'char retrofit 30 degree/second turn rate. :eek:

If I transfer my set up to the command (4 x eng/2 sci/4 tac console) Bortasqu I get around 18 degrees per second. :D
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Kinda bites that my beloved BATTLEcruiser is a healer- why no CDR or Lt. CDR Tac officer ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    dknight0001dknight0001 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited July 2012
    Guys we're getting a T5 K'tinga with Starbases.

@lordmalak1 Well known fact that Cruisers are Engineer focused, why not try the Kar'fi, Cruier turn rate, Agressive Tactical BOFF layout, and can launch Fighters.

I think the Battlecruisers are designed around the premise that you can't attack when your dead so they can last through the whole fight.
    I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. :confused:
    If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
    When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
  • Options
    gehmorgehmor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I was pretty happy to hear we've got a T5 K'Tinga coming up. While I'm an inveterate BOP pilot, there's just something about the D7/K'Tinga.

It fits with canon, too. You still see K'Tinga's in TNG and DS9, so presumably it's a proven hull that they just keep shoehorning new disruptors into. :D

Hi! I used to be JBHemlock. There's already one of those in PWE. I play the Klingon Kerr, but there's already a Kerr in PWE, too. So I'm Gehmor, my Cardassian alt. Just picture me with a plate of gagh.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    lol, I leave Fed Shipyard thread about "I want my old / classic lower tier ship". And first thing I see in Klingon Shipyard is... :D