test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone have a spare 300mil EC?

svetivanovasvetivanova Member Posts: 37 Arc User
edited July 2012 in The Academy
There, now that that is out of the way :P Whats the fastest way to grind EC? I do a few STF's when I'm able to, and sell what little loot I do manage to get that day, but it still amounts to...pretty much nothing.
Even repeated some of the Episode Missions, but even that doesn't do a whole lot.
Trying to save up for different items, like Antiproton Mag Regulators, is something that seems like it will take years to grind out, especially the way the price of them keep going up.
And thats just one example. So any helpful tips would be greatly apprieciated :D
Post edited by svetivanova on

Comments

• hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Use Dilithium.
    Craft.

If ec really is your only answer.

(1) Tour the Universe.
    (2) Get Good at Kerrat War Zone, win a lot, get purple drops, sell purple drops.
    (3) Get Good at Fleet Actions (Rom temple, Gorn Minefield, etc) Take 1st place a lot, get purple drops, sell purple drops.
    (4) Grind your Doffs up into Purple Quality. Sell Purple Doffs.
    (5) Scan the TRIBBLE out of all anomolies. Collect a bunch of Data Samples. Sell Data Samples. The Rares can be worth a LOT of ec. Methogenic Particle Trace (the Rare One) is worth over 100,000 ec a piece. Do this during Multi Phasic Events.
    (6) Play the exchange. Embrace the Rules of Aquisition and sit on the exchange buying low and selling high. I find this method terribly boring. But it works.

I am sure others will have other suggestions.
  • bohortonstobohortonsto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    use the doff system to get contraband, sell on the exchange, repeat. it's boring as hell but i got 80mil in a week when i wanted the ferengi ship
  • wfriedmanwfriedman Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Contraband from doff missions goes for about 50K these days...
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ya man, was gonna buy those mag regulators myself till I saw the price tag on the exchange. Am toying with the idea of building a bunch more and flooding the market with em.

CRAFT and SELL, repeat !!!

:cool:
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • nalonalo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    be careful not to pop ur cap if ur silver would suck very much to loose a large chunk of change ;)
  • bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    nalo wrote: »
    be careful not to pop ur cap if ur silver would suck very much to loose a large chunk of change ;)

That's a great point.

AFAIK, your personal bank doesn't overflow into your account bank. Deposit EC into your account bank when your personal has the potential to get an overload, and don't sell too much at one time for it to get that way.
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • dood98998dood98998 Member Posts: 389
    edited July 2012
    hippiejon wrote: »
    Use Dilithium.
    Craft.

If ec really is your only answer.

(1) Tour the Universe.
    (2) Get Good at Kerrat War Zone, win a lot, get purple drops, sell purple drops.
    (3) Get Good at Fleet Actions (Rom temple, Gorn Minefield, etc) Take 1st place a lot, get purple drops, sell purple drops.
    (4) Grind your Doffs up into Purple Quality. Sell Purple Doffs.
    (5) Scan the TRIBBLE out of all anomolies. Collect a bunch of Data Samples. Sell Data Samples. The Rares can be worth a LOT of ec. Methogenic Particle Trace (the Rare One) is worth over 100,000 ec a piece. Do this during Multi Phasic Events.
    (6) Play the exchange. Embrace the Rules of Aquisition and sit on the exchange buying low and selling high. I find this method terribly boring. But it works.

I am sure others will have other suggestions.

(7) Get Strange Alien Artifacts (from the Doff mission) sell for ~1mill, rinse and repeat.
    (8) Get a klink account. Hop in a Vo'Quv. Save up 60k dilth. buy advanced slavers. beat the contraband out of them! :D:D:D
    When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
    This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines :D
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    hippiejon wrote: »

This is what I spend most of my time here doing. I'm also doing support tickets and switch back and forth between the two windows.

Breaks things up a bit.

I shoot for 3m but can make a lot more in a single day.
  • svetivanovasvetivanova Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Thanks for all the advice, it will definitely get put to good use :D
  • joenatljoenatl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    grind dilithium, buy eight unreplicable materials a day, pop them onto the exchange and you can get about 45k-65k each (avg 400k per day). Also grind data samples, buy alien artifacts off the exchange and convert to power alien artifacts. 400-600k per profit every four hours. Look for support efforts in colonial regions, get refugees 120-280k per doff. doff trade missions for gamma quadrant commodities can get you anywhere from 60k-150k per batch. Doff officer cadre from the academy can get you about 200k. last week I've casually popped all those on the exchange and netted about 20 mill easy. Which is I think 1/2 the price of the antiproton mag.

Don't be afraid on the exchange to buy something that is posted at a price lower then the rest of the items and reposting it at the correct price. Also STF elite get you 1k per run.
  • sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Save up.

Buy resolve engi doffs.

Make consoles.

Throw computer out window when you get 5 greens in a row.

Rage on forum.

???

Profit?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
  • creamyzombiecreamyzombie Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Save up.

Buy resolve engi doffs.

Make consoles.

Throw computer out window when you get 5 greens in a row.

Rage on forum.

???

Profit?

I like the profit bit... by the way, did you want to buy some green consoles?
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    use the doff system to get contraband, sell on the exchange, repeat. it's boring as hell but i got 80mil in a week when i wanted the ferengi ship

80 million from selling contraband? In a week? Why can I smell burning pants?

80m EC = 1600 contraband

That's 228.5 contraband per day. That's impossible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • dood98998dood98998 Member Posts: 389
    edited July 2012
    topset wrote: »
    80 million from selling contraband? In a week? Why can I smell burning pants?

80m EC = 1600 contraband

That's 228.5 contraband per day. That's impossible.

He may have saved some of that up over time ;) . I think he was probably exaggerating, but seeing as 20 contraband= 1mill ec, you can realistically get 2-5 mill in one week from contraband, and thats assuming you just do doff missions and dont fly a carrier with advanced slavers like me ;)
    When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
    This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines :D
    edited July 2012
    If you sit on the exchange, you can get them dirt cheap from folks who aren;t aware that thy normally go for around 50k each.

It's not to the level that particle traces trade but I;ve seen it a couple of times previously
  • bohortonstobohortonsto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    dood98998 wrote: »
    He may have saved some of that up over time ;) . I think he was probably exaggerating, but seeing as 20 contraband= 1mill ec, you can realistically get 2-5 mill in one week from contraband, and thats assuming you just do doff missions and dont fly a carrier with advanced slavers like me ;)

10 charicters - 6 of them klink, and to be honist i had probibly 1200 in my banks to start with, just took a while to sell the off, and closer to 60k at the time, so yeh, cheated a bit but it's still a viable way to make some dough.

just off the top of my head you have; raid, confiscate, unortherised attack and inspect. assignments which basically means around 10 missions per 3 hours/ per character (if you really want to stress it) normally giving you contraband.
  • epsiloniaepsilonia Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yes, I do.
    Fleet Leader of the first completed T5 Shipyard on Holodeck (January 24, 2013)
    Part of the first team to beat the No Win Scenario (both KDF and Fed)
    It's been a long road, getting from there to here~
  • sjameshsjamesh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Dilithium is the way to go.
    Say NO to ARC!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    sjamesh wrote: »
    Dilithium is the way to go.

I have to disagree with that. Used to be but the most used dil -> uncommons -> sell on the exchange method has pretty much fallen apart. Uncommons are normally going for 50-55k each with stacks as low as 20-30k each on occasion.