test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Seaon 6 prepatch incoming, if you exit game you will download 3.5GB

trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I wonder if this means that this Thursday Season 6 will hit? I remember prepatches from other seasons happen sometimes a few days before the big patch.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
Post edited by trhrangerxml on

Comments

• shapeywhelmshapeywhelm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    almost every single test weekend (where you can earn the rewards) has seen the season hit that week.
  • nyiadnyiad Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Interesting..too bad STO hasn't been working for me ... :(
  • sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Maybe its because you don't know Korean.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
  • bds007bds007 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If you played on Tribble this weekend... patching only takes a few seconds.
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I haven;t gotten squat.
  • sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    almost every single test weekend (where you can earn the rewards) has seen the season hit that week.

Very true. Worst case, would be hitting the live servers next week.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This is blooming to be another Season 4 disaster. Cryptic is rushing it again. They need to fix the many problems first.
  • commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's a bit of a misconception. The patch will register as 3.5GB, but the download will be smaller.
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    This is blooming to be another Season 4 disaster. Cryptic is rushing it again. They need to fix the many problems first.

We can hope its not. I mean i only did some of the ground stuff and the only bug i hit after the most recent patch was that the medium mission about tholian science reports wasnt working and they'll have had 3 days to fix the bugs IF it comes out thursday.
    Untitled_1.jpg

Executive Officer of Alpha Squadron
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's a bit of a misconception. The patch will register as 3.5GB, but the download will be smaller.

what he ^^ said.
    The 3.5gb will be the total size of the files being patched, not the amount that needs downloaded to patch.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • nyiadnyiad Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well apparently some people (now me) can't even log into the game...the launcher is broken yay.
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Going now for me.

Looks like it is taking it from the tribble install as it has yet to download anything. That;s good since I;m on a starbucks network and they have a very low limit.

edit: Yup, nothing downloaded. Looks like it took it all from the tribble install.
  • roth30roth30 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Anybody know what the big patch is for??
  • commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm sure it was mentioned.

It's a pre-patch for the release of Season 6. And the patch is 3GB; the actual download is less.
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    ok thanks, had alook around could not see anything about it. Still getting use to this new site. lol
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

I don't think that's fair at all, we weren't playing the newest version. If you listen to the podcasts and interviews with the devs, they clearly said that the patch of season 6 to be playtested was a few versions behind of the current build they were working on in the office. They needed something stable with all of the major functions in, not a semi-broken new build.

Relax, it's all good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Season 6: Quality be damned! Let's ship this baby out NOW! :P
  • eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    dunno where you got 3.5GB was just over 1GB for me and took under a couple of mins to do. Anyway they can still deploy graphics etc to holodeck/users without changing or enabling code. Over on PWI they often preloaded graphics for upcoming patches months before they actually enabled the new locations in game.
  • bds007bds007 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    topset wrote: »
    I don't think that's fair at all, we weren't playing the newest version. If you listen to the podcasts and interviews with the devs, they clearly said that the patch of season 6 to be playtested was a few versions behind of the current build they were working on in the office. They needed something stable with all of the major functions in, not a semi-broken new build.

Relax, it's all good.

We will have to see if you right by the size of the patch on Thursday (prediction) because like Mike, I didn't download anything new from this past weekend's Tribble edition.
    edited July 2012
    eiledon wrote: »
    dunno where you got 3.5GB was just over 1GB for me and took under a couple of mins to do.

They probably haven't been on Trizibibble in a bit.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
  • eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    that makes sense sovvy. I didnt actually time the download but it despite it saying 1117mb for me I am sure it downloaded far less than that.
  • crypticvyper#7920 crypticvyper Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Mine was 408 KB Dl'd patching 1117 MB of material..

Love how people read the amount of game content to be patched instead of the actual DL size below the amount being patched.

STO Forum Account Creation Date: June 9, 2008 (Perpetual Entertainment at the time)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pestalence_XC
    Proud member of Xenocorp

"Listen, and understand. That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead." - Kyle Reese, 'Terminator'
  • victorstillwatervictorstillwater Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Just a question, because I'm patching right now...

I got disconnected from server, then exited the game, then the launcher just opened and began patching. Is this normal behavior for the patching process?
    edited July 2012
    First, You looked at the amount of game content being patched... NOT the actual size of the Download UNDER the amount to be patched.

Such as an example, my game stated 1117 MB patch..

However the DL was only 408 KB that patched 1117 MB of STO content on my machine..

so my ACTUAL DL content was 408 KB not 1117 MB.

STO Forum Account Creation Date: June 9, 2008 (Perpetual Entertainment at the time)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pestalence_XC
    Proud member of Xenocorp

"Listen, and understand. That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead." - Kyle Reese, 'Terminator'
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Its normal for the pre-patching process for new season releases. The regular patching process takes place before you can launch the game via the launcher.
  • victorstillwatervictorstillwater Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    nynik wrote: »
    Its normal for the pre-patching process for new season releases. The regular patching process takes place before you can launch the game via the launcher.

Thank you for the info. Just got worried, is all. :D I switch games a lot, and I've not encountered a launcher that autopatches when you exit the actual game without a prompt.
    edited July 2012
    Why does it keep repatching after every quit though?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    Just a question, because I'm patching right now...

I got disconnected from server, then exited the game, then the launcher just opened and began patching. Is this normal behavior for the patching process?

For STO, Yes.. they normally do this to prep people's games with unaccessable content until the live servers are ready...

Usually in preparation for a major update (much like the upcoming Season 6) however the only anouncement so far has been that the Zen conversion will be activated on Thursday.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pestalence_XC
    Proud member of Xenocorp

• foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    looking forward to this. I checked ou my attack ship on Tribble and the bump to consoles and hull are sweet.

Can't wait until my fleet starts cranking out the fleet +1 ships too. :D
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    408kb patc when u exit hummmmm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]