test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Building your Starbase

voyager10759voyager10759 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
I have just started to biuld my starbase but one thing that i can see is that to add duty officers or like mineral samples this is a verry long and borring process because you can only add 1 at a time their needs to be a way to add mutiple items at the same time a slider bar like is used for adding fleet marks and for the duty officers put a check box next to their name then you could just check the ones you want to add
Post edited by voyager10759 on

Comments

• Options
    virtueknight59virtueknight59 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I agree that would make things a lot easyer
  • Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Makes it worth it in the long run :)
  • Options
    vkfphoenixlordvkfphoenixlord Member Posts: 1,991 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I can see being able to add minerals like you can do with Fleet Marks - slide bar. But Doffs I can see adding them in smaller chunks so you can at least see who you are sending off.
  • Options
    hpcapulethpcapulet Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    My gripe is it eating so many doffs and rare particle traces each task. Somebody somewhere had dollar signs in their eyes when they came up with that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heir to the high pony of holier than thou, Guardian of the Sacred Mallet of Thwarting, and giver of Baptismal raspberries since 02/02/2010
  • Options
    sojournerxsojournerx Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have just started to biuld my starbase but one thing that i can see is that to add duty officers or like mineral samples this is a verry long and borring process because you can only add 1 at a time their needs to be a way to add mutiple items at the same time a slider bar like is used for adding fleet marks and for the duty officers put a check box next to their name then you could just check the ones you want to add

Agreed. That got old real fast. I'm kind of surprised that wasn't already addressed.
  • Options
    mickelntekmickelntek Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i just spend like 15 minures adding data sampels so yea it need to be changed.
  • Options
    thefirstnyb905thefirstnyb905 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    A slide bar on the particles would make sense.
    The coding to highlight Which officers are being sent of to the base would mean a bit of extra coding and another delay to going live

I have discussed the base building with the fleet I am in on the live server and the general consensus is that they probably would treat it like an ongoing DOFF mission so the one at a time would be annoying to say the least, and would mean any slow way of adding anything would be left up to the few that don't mind " grinding " as part of STO.
    Smile, it makes people wonder what you are up to. Especially the Ferengi...:cool:
  • Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    mickelntek wrote: »
    i just spend like 15 minures adding data sampels so yea it need to be changed.

I watched an episode of Buffy while doing it. Well part of one.

edit; And while Im thinking about it. has anyone put together a guide yet on building starbases? Like what each mission/assignment has for requirements? I haven't seen one discussed here on the forums yet.

reedit: A bit of a guide here if you want to start stocking up on doffs and commodities:

http://www.stowiki.org/Fleet_starbase#Requirements