test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fire at will works at it's own will

biscuitmannbiscuitmann Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Tribble - Bug Reports
I use 7 beam arrays and one fore cannon, and every time i use beam fire at will, the beams either don't fire at all, or only a few fire. At first i thought it might be because of lack of weapon power, but i raised it all the way to about 115 and the same happened :(. If no one else has this problem maybe it is the ship (Idk y it would be) so just incase i was using Marauder Patrol Cruiser
Post edited by biscuitmann on

Comments

• mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It probably is the power. When you fire, what is the weapon power at?

Normally you can only fire 3 or 4 weapons at once.
  • kingofhearts888kingofhearts888 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    not sure where that is coming from, i've always used 8 beams at once and its extremely effective...

But hes right, fire at will isn't working properly on tribble, once you hit the skill, all beams stop firing until the skill is over
  • dpimmdpimm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    fire at will will not fire to the sides it is only working in the forward and aft 90 degree arcs.
    makes it useless for arrays.
    has nothing to do with power mine was 115 when it would not fire, it was acting like the enemy was not in the arrays firing arc
  • biscuitmannbiscuitmann Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well i can't really test it now since the server is down right now but i do kno that at around 115 if i use it and the beams dnt fire at all the power doesnt move. But if only some do the power is about halved but there's enough left to shoot at least two more and it only shoots the fore beams.

Also if im between two ships the fore will shoot the ship in front and the aft will shoot the one in the back and sometimes other targets DIRECTLY in front or behind me. But if im facing them with my side it doesnt shoot at all
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2012
    I'm not able to reproduce this as explained above, although there may be some unexpected behavior going on with FAW in other ways that are being misinterpreted. For example, if you have a target in your foreward firing arc, but are only using Cannons in your foreward weapon banks, FAW will not activate until you target something within the firing arc of any beam arrays you have slotted in your rear banks.

Can you all give thorough explanations of exactly which weapons you have slotted in which weapon slots aboard your ships? Include torpedoes/mines, even though they shouldn't be affecting this.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • biscuitmannbiscuitmann Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm not able to reproduce this as explained above, although there may be some unexpected behavior going on with FAW in other ways that are being misinterpreted. For example, if you have a target in your foreward firing arc, but are only using Cannons in your foreward weapon banks, FAW will not activate until you target something within the firing arc of any beam arrays you have slotted in your rear banks.

Can you all give thorough explanations of exactly which weapons you have slotted in which weapon slots aboard your ships? Include torpedoes/mines, even though they shouldn't be affecting this.
    Fore: x1 AP cannon x3 AP Beam array

Aft: x4 AP Beam Array
  • kingofhearts888kingofhearts888 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i reproduced this on my bortasqe just a little while ago, when i use FAW, my Beam arrays act like Dual beam arrays, with an arc of only 90'

im using a tactical bortasqe with 8 disruptor MK XII beam arrays and FAW rank 2
  • designationxr377designationxr377 Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Experiencing as well on a Sci Ody:

For:
    1 x Photon Torp
    1 x Beam Bank
    2 x Beam Array

Aft:
    1 x Photon Torp
    3 x Beam Array

All I know is it has something to do with the current target and its position. You can activate all the beams, but they will not fire at anything unless the current target is in their arc. They still have cool downs as if they are firing. Quick tabbing to any other target in range has freed up the beams and they begin firing as usual.

Power is not the issue.
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    can NOT reproduce either...

BFAW 1 (ensign slot) working as intended for MVAM Prometheus

3x Phaser Dual Beam Bank front
    2x Phaser Beam Bank back

oh and all guns on AUTO FIRE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • endeavor00endeavor00 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Sci Oddy
    FAW2 assigned to my Breen Tactical Officer

Weapons:
    Slot 1: Borg Q Torp Launcher MkXI
    Slots 2 - 8: Plasma-Disruptor Hybrid Beam Arrays

Auto fire is on. Able to reproduce 100% of the time in No Win Scenario.