test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How rare is the Kobiyashi Maru Mission?

azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
Until today, I have not seen this mission since the DOFF system got revamped a month ago. So how rare is this mission supposed to be?

It's just as frustrating as doing 8 months of STFs and not even completing a single mk12 set.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• matteo716maikaimatteo716maikai Member Posts: 823
    edited July 2012
    woah theres a mission?
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    woah theres a mission?

Yeah, but its VERY RARE.

I stumbled on it on one of my characters at Starfleet Academy, the last time I saw it, it was in Beta Ursae a month ago, after the last DOFF revamp.

Don't understand why they made it so rare. Wouldn't have made more sense to have it on a long cooldown, and have the mission administered by an NPC at the Academy?
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I;ve only seen it at SFA. Got it there yesterday but it;s been a long while since the last time I saw it.

Granted I;m not doing missions at SFA outside of recruitments so I;m not looking for it. I may have missed it.
  • kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, but its VERY RARE.

I stumbled on it on one of my characters at Starfleet Academy, the last time I saw it, it was in Beta Ursae a month ago, after the last DOFF revamp.

Don't understand why they made it so rare. Wouldn't have made more sense to have it on a long cooldown, and have the mission administered by an NPC at the Academy?

Given the STFs, I guess the Devs like people being miserable.

Naw, it should be rare. Its like the SATs they run them twice a year. So don't oversleep or you have to wait 6 months to take them again. I've only seen it on SFA a few times across all my toons. I was lucky and got a Crit the first time I saw it and unlocked the title.
  • skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    What is this mission? Is it spelled right in the thread title? I couldn't find anything on it on stowiki. What is the reward for it?
    edited July 2012
    skurf wrote: »
    What is this mission? Is it spelled right in the thread title? I couldn't find anything on it on stowiki. What is the reward for it?

Linkie: http://www.stowiki.org/Assignment:_Engage_in_a_Kobayashi_Maru_Simulation

Hope this helps
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Until today, I have not seen this mission since the DOFF system got revamped a month ago. So how rare is this mission supposed to be?

It's just as frustrating as doing 8 months of STFs and not even completing a single mk12 set.

Rare enough that I've never seen it across 5 alts.

I have heard of folks finding it from time to time.. but it's up there at #2 hardest to find DOFF assignment, coming up close right behind #1 - Reclaim Borg Drones
  • omgajjerotomgajjerot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Wait a minute, how long has that been there?

I've visited SFA every other day grinding doffs/getting recruitments and have never heard of it up until now, let alone seen it.

Does it reward anything special on critical? Or is it just in for flavor?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    omgajjerot wrote: »
    Does it reward anything special on critical? Or is it just in for flavor?

Just the title.
  • grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Am I missing something because this missions doesnt seem cool enough to even worry about. Seems like people are just hung up on the title.
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    Am I missing something because this missions doesnt seem cool enough to even worry about. Seems like people are just hung up on the title.

It's the title. And the lore of being able to do it.
  • defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'd just like to add that a couple of days ago checking in to the Klingon Acadamy I had a look at my missions and one of them was Undertake a Command Training Simulation in which I had to assign a crew to take part in simulation to assault the USS Kobayashi Maru while it was being guarded by a certain Federation starship.

I was lucky enough to crit it first time and now my KDF avatar carries the title "Kobayashi Killer":D

I checked a couple of times earlier today and didn;t see it.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I was actually suprised at the success rate of doing this assignment after I put in all my doffs. It is the Kobayashi Maru simulation. This is the simulation that required Kirk to reprogram the assignment to win. In other words, the only person who completed it had to cheat in order to win. Getting about a 25% crit success and 75% success rate makes it not the Kobayashi Maru simulation, but a watered down version that almost anyone can beat. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind having the Cheating Death title. :p
  • aestuaestu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Kobayshi Maru is at SFA only, but it only appears in the personal tab - not in the zone tab.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]