Please give us this as a skin for the atrox carrier

darkphoxydarkphoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Federation Discussion
Post edited by darkphoxy on

Comments

• Options
    cusashorncusashorn Member Posts: 461
    edited July 2012
    Oh hey I remember the Typhon class from the Star Trek: Invasion game on the Playstation.

Really ugly ship.
    "My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
    -The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    qweeble#7491 qweeble Member Posts: 164 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2012
    If the windows are any indication of size, this is far too small to be a variant of the Atrox.
    I make space ships!
    Twitter! STO_JamJamz
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I'm trying to think back to the ship's size in the game. I remember one level had you controlling a turret while fighting off a borg invasion. Yeah, they were using fighters and dropships, silly, right? The ship itself wasn't too much bigger than an Intrepid class science vessel. Sure, it was really thick, bit not really "big".
    "My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    cusashorn wrote: »
    I'm trying to think back to the ship's size in the game. I remember one level had you controlling a turret while fighting off a borg invasion. Yeah, they were using fighters and dropships, silly, right? The ship itself wasn't too much bigger than an Intrepid class science vessel. Sure, it was really thick, bit not really "big".

Was not much bigger than the engineering section of a Sovereign-class (theres a good scene in the intro cutscene that shows the scale rather well.)

EDIT: Here it is:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/playstation/star-trek-invasion/screenshots/gameShotId,410172/
    7NGGeUP.png

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, that's right. It's about the size of the Defiant.

No way would it be comparable to the Atrox in size.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    And No Way would that have 2 Bays.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • Options
    amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    And No Way would that have 2 Bays.

That thing carries 26 fighters. Two bays would give you 12 fighters out at a time, just under half the total complement. It could most assuredly have 2 hangar bays.
    7NGGeUP.png

• Options
    dknight0001dknight0001 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited July 2012
    That thing carries 26 fighters. Two bays would give you 12 fighters out at a time, just under half the total complement. It could most assuredly have 2 hangar bays.

If we're going by memory Beta logic than the Akira holds 40 with an extra 25 various shuttles and worker bees. And that has a single hanger.

What I'd prefer is the Valkyrie Fighters over the peregrines.

You can't just use 6 Fighters make 1 bay as a logical argument since that's a game balance restriction.

Also do they have the rights to the Typhon class since it's from another game?
    I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. :confused:
    If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
    When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If we're going by memory Beta logic than the Akira holds 40 with an extra 25 various shuttles and worker bees. And that has a single hanger.

You can't just use 6 Fighters make 1 bay as a logical argument since that's a game balance restriction.

no, they dont. they also dont have rights to the Valkyrie's....

god everytime i see that word when associated with fighters i think of Robotech/Macross.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited July 2012

They must have rights to Typhoon since us KDF players have destroyed millions of them in Pi Canis Sorties and Empire Defenses LOL. They are like the ultimate boss for normal KDF PvE LOL... NOT THE TYPHOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    zokiro12zokiro12 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Typhon. Not typhoon. If anything, I think they should have the Typhon class as a flight deck cruiser for lower level Federation characters, in order to give them a little experience with fighter control for when they finally receive an Atrox.