test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Captains' database

blznfunblznfun Member Posts: 241 Arc User
Can we get the captains' database back? It may have been broke or buggy as all hell, but it is a useful tool that many cannot live without! I am sure there isn't much to implement it into the current website other that just a link that took you to the previous database....
jeremy-t_doff_signiture5635.jpg
=/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
Original Handle: the_orig_jean_luc_picard
Post edited by blznfun on

Comments

• capnbluddcapnbludd Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    blznfun wrote: »
    Can we get the captains' database back? It may have been broke or buggy as all hell, but it is a useful tool that many cannot live without! I am sure there isn't much to implement it into the current website other that just a link that took you to the previous database....

I'm curious to hear what there is about it you can't live without? It showed a bad picture, the headshot from the character editor save, had no info about your personal or ship items or inventory, and no boff info other than a list of names.

You were better off using screenshots with the UI function on to capture screens and save the pics for off line viewing or sharing, or snapping a pic with your phone.

An updated better version might be nice if it had better info, but I don't miss the old one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dec/2008
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The CORE connect system will almost certainly replace this feature.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• drikkehorndrikkehorn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I agree with the OP. Yeah, it was rudimentary, but it allowed me to look up people's chars from their account names, which was especially useful for auditing unwanted friend requests or figuring out RP things (one of my closest RP friends has like 30 chars and it's hard for me even to remember them all).
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    askray wrote: »

That was my understanding also. Any timeline for this? 6, 12, 18 months? Wild guess?
  • sharyssasharyssa Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jkstocbr wrote: »
    That was my understanding also. Any timeline for this? 6, 12, 18 months? Wild guess?

"soon (tm)"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blznfunblznfun Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    askray wrote: »

This is dependent upon the user entering their own data though correct?
    jeremy-t_doff_signiture5635.jpg
    =/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
    Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
    Original Handle: the_orig_jean_luc_picard