test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry Challenge #4 Discussion Thread

Foundry Challenge #4 : Ancient Treasures
This is the comments thread for Foundry Challenge #4 : Ancient Treasures.
We also have an Index of previous challenges HERE.

Feel free to link directly to the entry you are commenting on. And please remember: we're not here to tear each other up. Do not troll your fellow Captains, give feedback! Let the others know what you liked and disliked.

Let's get those creative juices flowing! :cool:
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• q403q403 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Brandon, one problem I have with this, "suggestions" for the ideas for the mission: people could have already scripted their mission and already are working on it. This makes it unfair; they get more time then anyone else.
    " Nature Decays, but latinum lasts forever."
    Original Handle: @Q400
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I probably should have put my question in this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited June 2012
    kirksplat wrote: »
    I probably should have put my question in this thread.

Yes, you should have :P I've removed the other one, but to answer the question: in the ballpark is fine :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited June 2012
    q403 wrote: »
    Brandon, one problem I have with this, "suggestions" for the ideas for the mission: people could have already scripted their mission and already are working on it. This makes it unfair; they get more time then anyone else.

This is a good point, and I will probably not do it again in the future. I was just trying to include the community :) The good thing is I only posted up the thread calling for ideas a week ago, and the idea I used was only submitted last Friday. Also, there is a rule in the challenge that covers this exact thing (because anyone could have already started working on maps to prep for using it in a future challenge), so I am depending on everyone being honest :smile:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited June 2012
    I understand what you were trying to do, and frankly I enjoy the way you include the community.

Thanks, and I appreciate the quick response.

Favorite Dev = BranFlakes
    edited June 2012
    q403 wrote: »
    I understand what you were trying to do, and frankly I enjoy the way you include the community.

Thanks, and I appreciate the quick response.

Favorite Dev = BranFlakes

I'm not a Dev, but thanks :biggrin: It's my pleasure!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • rickysmith1rickysmith1 Member Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I forgot just how much time it can take to get the details right! Y+0.050, x+1.200,Y-0.8, etc, etc.
    I'd be grateful for the extention if I didn't have to go in about a weeks time. :frown:
    Red Bull time! lol
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    Episode One - A Single Moment Episode Two - Infancy Episode Three - Unto the Breach
    Episode Four - Head Of A Needle Episode Five: The Duality of Men Episode Six - Redemption Earned
    Episode Seven - Shattered Universe Episode Eight - The Gepetto Condition Episode Nine - One Room, Two Officers
    Episode Ten - Beyond The Farthest Star Episode Eleven - It's OK, It Won't Hurt Episode Twelve - A Protracted Officer
    Episode Thirteen - Somewhen Episode Fourteen - The Boy Who Lived Episode Fifthteen - Empathy
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm not a Dev, but thanks :biggrin: It's my pleasure!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

You may walk into a different building each morning, but you are every bit a part of the STO team.

Green Dragoon
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    That wasn't easy to find an interesting script with this subject, but mine is roughly done. Now I only have to find which map i'll use, which ennemies, how many of them, some optional objectives for polishing, etc. A lot of things to write down.

This won't be what you could expect with such a subject, though. :rolleyes:
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited June 2012
    I think the pros of brainstorming with the community far outweigh the cons. Good job Branflakes this should be a fun challenge.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
    edited June 2012

Mission Title: The Zypex Revelation
    Your @Handle: Klintobean
    Faction: Federation
    Level Requirement: TBD

This continues the unfolding saga of the Zypex Legion.
    Who are they? Where did they come from? What do they want?
    Answers will be revealed!

YAY :D
    I think for Challenge 5 I will do a sequel to my entry for Challenge 4, I left it at a nice cliff hanger :D

I love how everyone is embrassing the 'Status:', my current status is 'about to go out on the pull', shame we can't get an STO event going, maybe at the convention in London!
    Nerd it up, ask clever yet embarrasing questions to all five Captains and then finish of the weekend by going out on the town, going into Liquid as Red Shirts! :D
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    Episode One - A Single Moment Episode Two - Infancy Episode Three - Unto the Breach
    Episode Four - Head Of A Needle Episode Five: The Duality of Men Episode Six - Redemption Earned
    Episode Seven - Shattered Universe Episode Eight - The Gepetto Condition Episode Nine - One Room, Two Officers
    Episode Ten - Beyond The Farthest Star Episode Eleven - It's OK, It Won't Hurt Episode Twelve - A Protracted Officer
    Episode Thirteen - Somewhen Episode Fourteen - The Boy Who Lived Episode Fifthteen - Empathy
  • klintobean81klintobean81 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    If I lived in the UK I would so be there! :)

More Klingon missions this time - awesome!

-Klintobean
    edited June 2012
    Q: I'd like to use an Undine imposter disguised as Galileo. Does that violate the eula?

btw, Voy used Leonardo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    The woman ratio was amazing! It was like MILF central, but without the kids! lol
    Would of made Picard happy, plenty of older women and no class to them!.. I know you meant the Convention but I just wanted to mention. :D

kirksplat wrote: »
    Q: I'd like to use an Undine imposter disguised as Galileo. Does that violate the eula?

btw, Voy used Leonardo.

Kirksplat...go crazy! so far mine has zombies, a dancing trill, a titan, a space temple, a load of upside down mythology and a Pegasus! :confused:
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
  • starkofthenorthstarkofthenorth Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm glad your developments are going well. I'm still in a brainstorming phase.
    Also known as Gingie(In game) Sskald(Gates of Sto-vo-kor)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    I'm glad your developments are going well. I'm still in a brainstorming phase.

I've hit a road block with the dialogue, theres so much I want to put in but it's difficult without making it dull or out stretched :(
    Worse thing is im 80% done and I came up with two REALLY good ideas that blow it out the water! lol :(
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
  • drudgydrudgy Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited July 2012

More Klingon missions this time - awesome!

-Klintobean

Haha! Yes, Klingon missions are always the most fun. :) I've been rolling though mine, and should have a pretty good amount of polish by the time it's released. I've spent HOURS on map design so far. Hopefully everyone likes it. This is my first time submitting a mission to the challenge.
    f3wrLS.jpg
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    *sigh* I wish I could take part in this. My purchased slots are still in limbo.
  • klintobean81klintobean81 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ^^ Welcome to the challenge!

I'm still doing a lot of scripting.
    Although I'm also working on building the interior of the derelict ship.
    I want it to look really unique. I wish we had more assets to use! :confused:
    edited July 2012
    ^^ Welcome to the challenge!

I'm still doing a lot of scripting.
    Although I'm also working on building the interior of the derelict ship.
    I want it to look really unique. I wish we had more assets to use! :confused:

It certainly tests your imagination!
    On another map I used lamps as shuttle teathers and a series of Asteroids as an alien ship! :rolleyes:
    Looking forward to playing with the upcoming Tholian jazz ;)
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    edited July 2012
    Fallen behind over the Holiday, three straight days of partying...I'm so beat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    Fallen behind over the Holiday, three straight days of partying...I'm so beat.

These forums should have a 'like' button! :D
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    edited July 2012
    I second that Idea.
    edited July 2012
    Even though I'm not yet finished, I decided to sling together a Trailer so I could come back to my mission with a fresh eye.

Follow this Link.

I really like the way the 'pilot view' scene turned out :D
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
  • drudgydrudgy Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've been having a lot of fun on this so far. I'm also using twitter to leak out some screenshots. Although i'm still trying to perfect the Dan Stahl fuzzy camera pic thing... lol.

You can follow my progress if you are interested @KahnSTO
    f3wrLS.jpg
    edited July 2012
    Are we getting an extension considering that the Foundry is down and we re going to have to relearn a lot of what we know thanks to the Season 6 launch?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Now that the foundry is offline, with the bad new about the necessity to work again on our old missions, I'll have to spend most of my play time to be able to participate to the challenge. We've lost a weekend for it, that's not good.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I didn't write any complicated dialogues for mine so I should be good. I'll have to go over everything to make sure there are no issue, but I'm not expecting major problems.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited July 2012
    Hi Captains,

With the Foundry currently being disabled, I will be extending the time period for mission creation -- I'll update all threads once the new date is ready to be communicated. :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited July 2012
    Hi Captains,

With the Foundry currently being disabled, I will be extending the time period for mission creation -- I'll update all threads once the new date is ready to be communicated. :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thank you for this. If there are many of us who have to spend a few days re-editing existing missions, then perhaps that could also factor into new date. Hopefully, only a few of us will need to fix existing missions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]